CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they set it up as a robbery, what the heck were they supposed to be stealing? The huge diamonds in her safe? (Um no).

And I’m confused if it was a staged robbery, why take her body? This to me indicates PF was in fact the killer and his DNA is on her body. I’d venture she fought back and possibly his DNA is under her fingernails. He had to take her body to get rid of the DNA evidence. IMO.
We don't have a body though.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
As to consumptive testing planned by DA, it's hard to say what evidence is. Only that it's so small testing will destroy it. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #Frazee

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Local defense attorney Phil Dubois -- who's not involved in this case -- says it could be drop of blood, hair follicle or skin oil. @csgazette #Frazee #KelseyBerreth
Thank you for including the links with the tweets! I'm trying to get them all copied to the media thread but won't be able to transfer the ones without them. :(

I don’t think we should give too much weight to the brother’s statement that nothing seemed out of place or missing in her house. I live about 1.5 hours from my closest family member and can bet none of them would be able to tell you what is or is not missing from my home, save for something like my phone or my pets or obvious large pieces of furniture. They have no idea what purse or coat I use on a daily basis or any items I own and I don’t know how they could be expected to, short of seeing me every day.

I said this same thing a few threads back, aside from my purse, keys & phone no one would have a clue and if they took me dead or alive I do not think they would take my animals, to much hassle.

My personal theory and opinion: PF solicited an acquaintance, someone with a criminal background (since PF has no prior criminal background), for ideas and then to commit a robbery and murder for or with him. I think that acquaintance must also be someone close to whoever the witness is, which is why the witness would be in danger if the affidavit is released. I think the acquaintance is likely someone from Idaho, where PF either met him at a rodeo event, or through someone else, like a girlfriend. Girlfriend would make sense, as girlfriend could want KB out of the picture, giving a girlfriend’s friend reason to help PF.

Basically, I feel the person solicited is closely related to whoever the witness is.

I was referring to PF’s initial “planning” of the robbery. Trying to get insight into what he may have told his accomplices they were going to be taking from KB. I don’t think the purse and phone were the initial plan.
I disagree there was any "planned robbery," and simply believe the missing purse and phone resulted in additional murder charge per Colorado statute.

The following is MOO:

I keep hearing about a potential robbery but I haven’t seen anything except (questionable) reporting by MSM to support that. Am I missing something? Here’s an alternate theory: KB was taken someplace else (kidnapped) and killed. Nothing was visually out of place in her home. LE could have extracted wallboard or carpet, etc. with questionable stains or whatever for testing that was negative. But it’s possible that the search that resulted in LE believing she was no longer alive is related to other evidence entirely. Maybe they found a diary entry or something on her computer that showed she feared for her life. Or a letter pointing to PF if she ever went missing. Since there is no body (yet), and they appear to have evidence of solicitation, I think they are covering all bases until the investigation and analysis reveals more.

Again, this is just MOO...
BREAKING: Patrick Frazee charged with five murder counts, including THREE solicitation for murder charges
The post also said that court documents show authorities believe Berreth was killed at her Woodland Park home in the course of an attempted robbery. It is not yet known if investigators believe there were additional people present at the crime scene.

I'd like to know who lived in the adjoining condo to KB? Where they home on Thanksgiving? Other neighbors, hear, see (other than the cars), smell anything different (smoke/firepit?) during the time between Thanksgiving and KB being reported missing?

BREAKING: Patrick Frazee charged with five murder counts, including THREE solicitation for murder charges
The post also said that court documents show authorities believe Berreth was killed at her Woodland Park home in the course of an attempted robbery. It is not yet known if investigators believe there were additional people present at the crime scene.

Is there court documents out there that the media has available that we don't? I have been wondering where the "attempted robbery" thing came from as well. I have read it in some articles, but have not and did not read that in the documents we saw this morning ( I am sceptical of media reports sometimes... lol)

Any ideas on why they specifically pick the dates of Sep 1 - Nov 1, 2018 on the solicitation charges? Especially the Nov 1 date - could it be that that’s when he had an accomplice lined up and no longer needed to “solicit” one?

I think a reporter stated the Sept 1st date was a clerical error. It was posted in the thread earlier this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member