CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so what seems the most logical to me is that she returns home from the store, makes the cinnamon rolls, and fiance' picks her and the baby up for dinner. Then what? MOO

That is what I want to know, did she show up for the planned dinner with fiance?

I assume he already had the baby with him at that time.

If what he is saying is true then when he picked up the child would have been the last time he saw her.

Where were they supposed to meet for dinner and what time?

I wish we had that answer.

Jmo

im sorry but the press is not the enemy. It is horrible and awfully incorrect to say that.
Who said 'enemy'?!. Not the enemy. Just no more credible than you or me. They're flawed people like us. They make mistakes all the time. Almost any article has errors, logical fallacies, political bias, etc. in it. So the reader reads and decides. Same as if you are reading a blog.

Woodland Park Police Department

View attachment 159360

Woodland Park Police Department

Video of Kelsey Berreth on November 22nd, 2018 at the Woodland Park, Colorado Safeway grocery store.

First time I have seen this video. She seems like a normal mom walking into the store with her baby.

I notice she doesn't have much make up on and her hair is casually up in a bun (This is very common for moms just running to the store IMO). Her everyday look seems natural/understated make-up, except in the professional photo with the baby where she has a little more on. I wonder if she doesn't wear much makeup except on special occasions or for photos? It could explain leaving her make-up case behind. I have a whole case of makeup I only use when dressing up for special occasions or when I know my photo will be taken. JMO.

Last edited:
Yes I live very near her. Walk my dog by home a lot to go to memorial park. I don't know her or fiancé , I've never heard of them til now. Others who live in town are the same! Florissant is kind of far away from WP. I wonder if PF is from the area?! When I type last name, there are a lot w that last name nearby. So maybe that is why she moved here. JMO
I did hear that she moved there to be with him. Not sure where they met, but it appears that this is his hometown and her interest in aviation would be another reason to move there. We are not allowed to slueth him, however.

What happened to the dinner her mom alluded too?
What she told her mother and what she really intended to do may not be the same thing. I also don't believe she was engaged. The hand-off of the baby sounds more like a co-parenting arrangement between a couple no longer together.

I find it interesting that the Chief identified PF as the father of the child and seemed rather terse about it. No mention of engagement. JMO

What she told her mother and what she really intended to do may not be the same thing. I also don't believe she was engaged. The hand-off of the baby sounds more like a co-parenting arrangement between a couple no longer together.

I find it interesting that the Chief identified PF as the father of the child and seemed rather terse about it. No mention of engagement. JMO
I agree wth everything you have said here. IMO, it is never good too keep using that ‘happy’ paint brush when someone is missing. Does not help at all.

No,
Among most SDA members there wouldn’t be any hesitation to involve police. I mean there are a few odd ducks in any group of people, so I can’t speak for their family, but I wouldn’t see any hesitation or difference from the average person.

There are other reasons why a family might be loath to involve a specific police force. There are interesting comments on FB alluding to what those reasons might be.

I'm starting to doubt there was any "hand off" of the baby. She went shopping with the baby that morning. If there were to be a hand off later that afternoon, wouldn't you rather go grocery shopping later, without the baby? (Yes, I know it was a holiday and stores might close early, but if I had the opportunity to grocery shop without a baby, I would take it.)

So shopping in the morning. Hand-off planned that afternoon. But....also plans for dinner together that evening? What's the point of the afternoon hand off if you're getting together for dinner? Why not just hand off after dinner?

I question a planned hand off. I think he went to her place for the dinner that Thursday.....and then he ends up with the baby.

jmo

That is what I want to know, did she show up for the planned dinner with fiance?

If what he is saying is true then when he picked up the child would have been the last time he saw her.

Jmo

Why would they plan to meet twice?
Why not just exchange the baby at dinner?

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. It seemed more like a custody of their child relationship than a couple engaged. Maybe they called off the engagement, and she didn't have a chance to tell her family and friends back home- she might have wanted to tell them in person? Still, it doesn't explain her going missing- why would she leave her child behind?

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. It seemed more like a custody of their child relationship than a couple engaged. Maybe they called off the engagement, and she didn't have a chance to tell her family and friends back home- she might have wanted to tell them in person? Still, it doesn't explain her going missing- why would she leave her child behind?
My guess is that she didn’t leave her child behind. Atleast willingly.

Jmo
This is one of the things that make no sense. The only thing I can come up with is she was a very.....casual Mommy. What momma doesn’t call and chat with baby on the phone when they are away? Wonderful relationship with baby daddy? Nope. IMO

I finally watched the press release....one thing I found interesting which I haven’t seen be brought up here yet is, the Chief mentioned the daughter, K, has the last name Berreth, not the fathers last name.

Interesting, IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I'm confused. I thought the Chief said at the press conference that Patrick Barrett is the father of the baby girl and that Patrick Frazee is the fiance. Am I dreaming this?

Good catch, I went back to listen. I think he likely did say Berreth. It sounded like he said "the daughter - K, is with her father, Patrick."

So it sounded like Kelsey's daughter has her mother's last name which is interesting. Typically a baby would have the known father's last name, even if unmarried? (And yes, I know many times the mother gives the child her last name, simply pointing out she does not seem to have Patrick's last name.)

About 3:07

ETA: Also interesting (now that I have more context on this case) that he goes on to say that Patrick said he hadn't seen her since he went to "exchange their daughter." Nothing about dinner.

I finally watched the press release....one thing I found interesting which I haven’t seen be brought up here yet is, the Chief mentioned the daughter, K, has the last name Berreth, not the fathers last name.

Interesting, IMO
Literally just came here to post that too.

Article with a timeline from 11/22 through 12/11:

Kelsey Berreth Case: What to Know About the Missing Colorado Mom Last Seen on Thanksgiving Day

Thursday, Nov. 22
Surveillance footage from Safeway supermarket showed Kelsey shopping for groceries with her 1-year-old daughter about 12:30 p.m., police said.

“That’s the last time Kelsey was seen,” Woodlawn Park Police Chief Miles De Young would go on to tell reporters.

De Young also noted that Kelsey’s fiancé and the father of her daughter, Patrick Frazee, told investigators that he saw Kelsey that day when she handed off their child to him.

Sunday, Nov. 25
Kelsey’s employer, Doss Aviation, received texts from her cellphone saying she would not be at work for the next week, police said. Kelsey works as a pilot instructor.

Investigators were able to determine Kelsey’s cellphone pinged that day on a tower near Gooding, Idaho, about 600 miles from her home in Woodland Park.

Frazee told police he received a text from Kelsey’s phone that same day. Investigators have not revealed what that message said.

Sunday, Dec. 2
Kelsey’s mother, Cheryl, reported her daughter missing after being unable to reach her. Cheryl reached out to Frazee, who called her back and said he hadn’t heard from her since she had last texted.

Officers with the Woodlawn Park Police conducted a community care takers search on Kelsey’s home, which was empty. Her cars, her clothes and her toothbrush all appeared untouched since Thanksgiving, authorities said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member