CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't discuss the fact that he didn't show up for the press conference even though the media is noting it?

We can't discuss the fact that he didn't show up for the press conference even though the media is noting it?

We can discuss why he

We can discuss that

November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB’s phone to her employer
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts - he returned her call
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference​

Woodland Park Police Department

The timeline speaks for itself. We have seen it hundreds of times on this site.

I wont say what, but I'd eat my hat if its anything else.

The timeline speaks for itself. We have seen it hundreds of times on this site.

I wont say what, but I'd eat my hat if its anything else.
It does. We still don’t have confirmation of foul play though, even though I am overwhelmingly leaning that way.

If it is foul play, then I’m with you in regards to what I think happened.

As for her vehicles, the implication is that they were home at the time that her disappearance was first discovered. I think it’s reasonable to assume that they never moved after that point.
Snipped.

But were the cars moved between the time she arrived home from Safeway and the time LE did the "community caretaker search" on Dec 2?

Both vehicles are home now....but have they been parked there without moving since Thanksgiving?

I don't think that has been confirmed.

jmo

Snipped.

But were the cars moved between the time she arrived home from Safeway and the time LE did the "community caretaker search" on Dec 2?

Both vehicles are home now....but have they been parked there without moving since Thanksgiving?

I don't think that has been confirmed.

jmo
Correct. We don’t have confirmation of this. It is entirely possible that one or both of those vehicles were moved in the meantime.

They have executed searches on those vehicles, so they may find something.

Hi everyone. New to this thread. Last time I was on WS was for the Mollie Tibbetts case. Now trying to get acquainted with KB by playing catchup. I did notice a discussion on the house size and noticed what looked like a small office area straight back the hallway from the kitchen, so that could be the place for a second bedroom/nursery.

I just listened to the press conference for the first time and am more confused than ever. Are there TWO different men, both named Patrick? One is the father of the baby and the other is the rancher/fiancee? Which one didn't show up for the press conference? At the end, a reporter asked the Chief if "Patrick" was a suspect and he replied that he is the father of the baby and he'll leave it at that.

Woodland Park (north of Colorado Springs) is about 70 miles from her employment in Pueblo. If KB works M-F in Pueblo, that's a lengthy commute for a young mother. Also, her Mum stated that KB moved to Colorado 2 years ago (re. press conf).

I get a Doss Aviation IN Colorado Springs. Do we know she works in Pueblo?

Hi everyone. New to this thread. Last time I was on WS was for the Mollie Tibbetts case. Now trying to get acquainted with KB by playing catchup. I did notice a discussion on the house size and noticed what looked like a small office area straight back the hallway from the kitchen, so that could be the place for a second bedroom/nursery.

She lives in a one bedroom one bathroom 700 sf house.

This makes me wonder if the home was purchased as an investment. Perhaps Kelsey was only living there temporarily with plans to rent the house out after she married and moved? Is this community one that tourists often visit? The mountain views from the home make me think it would be a perfect AirBnB type property with some fixing up and staging. JMO.
One thought is they put the property into an LLC for asset protection - she could be sued in a training accident. I dont' know how CO law protects LLC's though. JMO

I'm new to this case today as well, and am catching up on all the thread here, but I"m curious if somebody could say in a nutshell - why is there so much discussion about the layout of her house? I feel I'm missed something.

Because we are trying to figure out her living situation and her financial situation. She has a baby with her fiance but they don't live together. She has two cars she parks at her residence and possibly an airplane (parked at the airport?). She has a job that requires many hours of work to make a livable wage according to other flight instructors posting here. This is a modest home and it's possible she purchased it for herself only. It's possible her fiance has full custody of the baby so she doesn't need extra space all the time. Or, since the home was transferred to a corp in a way that is not usual for the average home owner to do-- it may indicate they are well off and planning this as an investment property.

Her financial background makes a difference because money can be a motive for someone to harm Kelsey OR if she is wealthy she might have the means to hide herself very well. Or if she herself is not wealthy-- if she has struggled financially to buy a home on her own and still needed help at the age of 29 she may have conflict over that. For example, perhaps another explanation for the transfer was because someone else gave her the down payment to let her build credit in her name and let her live there but she transferred it to the corp of the person who helped her buy it so that they could turn a profit when Kelsey no longer needed to live there. Families with means may help a single daughter with a baby out in this way. In some families this is no big deal and seen as a help and a gift (perhaps an early wedding gift). In some families financial entanglements lead to stress and the feeling that the gift comes with strings attached. But we don't know why the house was transferred to a corp. We don't know her situation. This is all just speculation. There are many interesting reasons to have that type of arrangement with a house purchase. And it may be nothing relevant or it may be a source of conflict in her life.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member