CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
The newspapers are speculating that the fiance may be involved....

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we are trying to figure out her living situation and her financial situation. She has a baby with her fiance but they don't live together. She has two cars she parks at her residence and possibly an airplane (parked at the airport?). She has a job that requires many hours of work to make a livable wage according to other flight instructors posting here. This is a modest home and it's possible she purchased it for herself only. It's possible her fiance has full custody of the baby so she doesn't need extra space all the time. Or, since the home was transferred to a corp in a way that is not usual for the average home owner to do-- it may indicate they are well off and planning this as an investment property.

Her financial background makes a difference because money can be a motive for someone to harm Kelsey OR if she is wealthy she might have the means to hide herself very well. Or if she herself is not wealthy-- if she has struggled financially to buy a home on her own and still needed help at the age of 29 she may have conflict over that. For example, perhaps another explanation for the transfer was because someone else gave her the down payment to let her build credit in her name and let her live there but she transferred it to the corp of the person who helped her buy it so that they could turn a profit when Kelsey no longer needed to live there. Families with means may help a single daughter with a baby out in this way. In some families this is no big deal and seen as a help and a gift (perhaps an early wedding gift). In some families financial entanglements lead to stress and the feeling that the gift comes with strings attached. But we don't know why the house was transferred to a corp. We don't know her situation. This is all just speculation. There are many interesting reasons to have that type of arrangement with a house purchase. And it may be nothing relevant or it may be a source of conflict in her life.

MOO.

This is where I'm confused. I thought the Chief said at the press conference that Patrick Barrett is the father of the baby girl and that Patrick Frazee is the fiance. Am I dreaming this?

I haven't read the complete thread 1 yet. But has anyone thrown out that maybe she came home from the store, baked the cinnamon rolls, left them on the counter to cool and then realized she forgot something at the store and decided to walk back to the store?

Do you have a link where a reporter with the MSM has openly called the fiance as a suspect or POI?
No. Such declarations are a LE thing. The newspapers are simply speculating about potential of involvement.

I haven't read the complete thread 1 yet. But has anyone thrown out that maybe she came home from the store, baked the cinnamon rolls, left them on the counter to cool and then realized she forgot something at the store and decided to walk back to the store?

That is possible, but I don't think she would walk to the store. Jmo

We don’t know what time the child was exchanged. She may have still had her at that point.

Also, I think she drove to the store the first time, so I doubt she’d walk there the second time, even if it is in within walking distance.

I hope they’ve asked people to provide any security footage they may have, as it will be crucial to determine any movement around her house.

"You'd have to ask him" said the police chief when asked why the fiancé wasn't at the press conference. Any enterprising reporters camped out at the fiancé's house to ask him that question?
I’m curious myself. He’s a major part of this story, and LE obviously isn’t opposed to media contacting him.

I’m sure there have been multiple attempts to interview him.

Kelsey is listed there as a commercial pilot and a flight instructor:

Personal Information

KELSEY MARIE BERRETH

PO BOX 811
FLORISSANT CO 80816-0811
County: TELLER
Medical Information:
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 12/2016
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
COMMERCIAL PILOT

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

Certificates Description

Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT
Date of Issue: 9/22/2015

Ratings:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
Your questions for me on the closed thread could no longer be answered there so here goes. A pilot who is hardworking flying max hours could make as much as $50,000 as a CFI but that's assuming you can fly most days of the year. (and you are limited by regulation to no more than 8 hours of flight instruction in a 24 hour period.) There are parts of the year that due to icing aloft, or winds, no one is training in a small plane. When I was teaching out of Portland Ore, which got its share of weather, I made less than my friends working as McDonald's overall for the year and had to have a second job.

There are no rules regarding flying as a pilot while pregnant, but I had to stop at 7 months because I just got too big to pull the "stick" (the yoke) all the way back for a full-stall landing. It's not an easy career with pregnancy or children - morning sickness can ground you, and most doctors recommend you quit flying well before your due date. After birth breastfeeding is an issue -Pilots are exempt from a provision in the Affordable Care Act requiring employers to accommodate new mothers.

I was pregnant at 18 and looking at a ton of student loan debt, no other job skills but flying and no one to help with the baby or help me provide for her (her father ran off and my Mom had just died) so I gave her up for adoption. If I'd been older and had other job skills that would have provided a decent home I'd have made another decision, but I had just turned 18 and was in college AND working two jobs.

Kelsey seems to me to be pretty level headed to manage a demanding career and motherhood.

Where, though? I see it in the comments, but it would be extremely unprofessional for MSM to form an opinion on someone's guilt and report on it.
They're not stating opinions, just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487