CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be in constant communication if my baby was with the father and certainly after 2-3 days I would report them missing if I haven’t heard from them - he never reported her missing Mom did Dec 2 - I’m thinking there was no dinner together at all IMO

I would too, but we don’t know what the situation was between them or what their plan was. It sure would be nice to know a few more things.
jmo

We don’t know. Probably when she didn’t show up for dinner, or any plans they may have had.

Perhaps very early on, but certainly before a week and a half had passed.
ABC's Clayton Sandell just reported on PF's attorney statement about why PF didn't attend the press conference.

Not attending the press conference pretty much guarantees this story isn't going to go away anytime soon. JMO

Fiance of missing Colorado mom has given up his phone and DNA | Daily Mail Online
  • His lawyer issued a statement on Wednesday claiming he would have appeared but he was only given one hours notice
I have wonder why LE didn't give him enough notice about the presser ?

If he's given them dna evidence and his phone, that's a start, I guess.
By now, anything he wants to be kept private on his phone would be deleted, correct ?

Mother said in PC yesterday that they're engaged but don't live together. Maybe she bought the second house to live in until the marriage and then they would turn around and use it as a rental property.
I'm not sure where the fiance's house is located or I'd look myself, but what is the location of her home in woodland park compared to her job in pueblo & her fiance's home? Is it possible her house was between his home & work?

Fiance of missing Colorado mom has given up his phone and DNA | Daily Mail Online

• His lawyer issued a statement on Wednesday claiming he would have appeared but he was only given one hours notice

By now, anything he wants to be kept private on his phone would be deleted, correct ?
It can still be recovered, but that’s assuming there was something incriminating to delete in the first place.

He wouldn’t have a problem giving up his DNA and phone in two circumstances:

He had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He did, and he knows that those things will not incriminate him.

Snipped by me.

This sentence jumped out at me. We are all going by fiance's version that he picked up the baby on Thanksgiving as if that were a plan they had (and also had plans for dinner together? Not sure how that fits in).

Anyway, what if "exchanging the baby" wasn't the plan at all, but he has the baby and mom isn't around.... so Thursday is described as "exchanging the baby."

Do we really know that Kelsey planned to exchange the baby that day? She didn't have to work on Friday so didn't need the childcare.

jmopinion only, speculation, thinking aloud.
ITA. Why would she tell her mom that they were having dinner together later and yet he only picked up the baby? This is a huge discrepancy, imo.

Her mom says they are engaged yet he is portraying them as a couple no longer together but sharing custody. Surely KB has friends she confided in if there were relationship problems. JMO

probably. it's been like 20 days? probably has a new phone by now if he is guilty of harming her. also interesting they would ask for his DNA? no?

He is smart to get a lawyer.

Just because he has one does not mean anything criminal.

The cops could twist his words etc.

Regardless if he is guilty or innocent, he needs one.

Jmo.
I agree. PF needs to get ahead of this if he is in fact innocent. Kelsey's mom was interviewed this evening on the local NBC station. I could not find a link to share. She said they were "loving" and that they did not live together or get married yet due to economics. I don't get why he could not live at her duplex or why she could not live with PF and his mom, but we just do not know.

I’m going to go on the record as saying I don’t think they had dinner plans, or any plans. IF she wasn’t speaking to him for some reason, that could almost explain a delay in finding out she was missing. Except, any mom in the universe is going to check in on her 15 month old, if not daily, at LEAST every other day. IMO he had to know something was amiss very quickly.
If they didn't really have dinner plans that means Kelsey lied to her mom.

I don't think every mom would check on their child (we read enough about those here) and some dads are better at parenting than some moms. IMO

Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about the relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé

In my opinion, this explains the house KB bought, which would be considered a great little house in CA, especially for a family with a young child or even young children. It is big enough, but not that big...however, it does allude to financial concerns. KB's mom seems optimistic about the relationship, which makes this strange disappearance even sadder.

I know when my kids were toddlers, I would never leave them overnight....this is so sad and odd.

I think it is a very good development that KB's mom has sat down for an interview. I wish they would have shown more. Surely they are not going to tease us with very small clips.....

I think it is also good that CB had very nice things to say about PF and the relationship between PF and KB. I'm no body language expert, but her comments didn't seem forced or scripted.

Even if he knew where KB is, such as she checked into rehab or something of that nature, once he knew her mom was going to report her missing surely he would have told LE and her worried to death parents where she is. I don't think her checking out and disappearing was her plan, jmo
The family said she does not have a substance abuse problem and either way, LE would have access to that info.

I agree. PF needs to get ahead of this if he is in fact innocent. Kelsey's mom was interviewed this evening on the local NBC station. I could not find a link to share. She said they were "loving" and that they did not live together or get married yet due to economics. I don't get why he could not live at her duplex or why she could not live with PF and his mom, but we just do not know.
I get why she wouldn’t want to live with him at his moms if that is really true but they could have lived at her place if they wanted to be together all the time IMO - we haven’t heard a word from his family at all

Do we know how far apart they lived from each other? Maybe because of her job she couldn't live with him, jmo

probably. it's been like 20 days? probably has a new phone by now if he is guilty of harming her. also interesting they would ask for his DNA? no?
Pretty standard nowadays. I would bet they have gotten dna samples from others as well, to rule out or rule in.

I think it is a very good development that KB's mom has sat down for an interview. I wish they would have shown more. Surely they are not going to tease us with very small clips.....

I think it is also good that CB had very nice things to say about PF and the relationship between PF and KB. I'm no body language expert, but her comments didn't seem forced or scripted.

Two things to consider though:

She may not want to go there, meaning she may not want to allow herself to believe that he did something to her.

She has a vested interest in keeping him close, as she wants to be able to see her grandchild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste