CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not positive about the family begging the media to run a story on this, but that may have all been dictated/advised by police: Shannon Brinias from KRDO News Channel 13 posted on December 9:

"To be perfectly honest, we've been trying to report on this disappearance for more than a week, and have been provided very little from police on which to further our reports. In just the last 24 hours, we've gained much more information, although we, too, are awaiting this media briefing today to learn more. We'll try to livestream it at http://www.krdo.com. Check our FB page for ongoing details: KRDO NewsChannel 13 / KRDO.com"

How do we know she willingly allowed anyone to have the baby on Thanksgiving? And who is JP?

Why would LE be so shut down on this case? Very odd to me. Someone earlier posted that they felt like LE was holding off on the presser, I think they were too. I think her family forced them to do something. Hinky meter going off.

I'm not positive about the family begging the media to run a story on this, but that may have all been dictated/advised by police: Shannon Brinias from KRDO News Channel 13 posted on December 9:

"To be perfectly honest, we've been trying to report on this disappearance for more than a week, and have been provided very little from police on which to further our reports. In just the last 24 hours, we've gained much more information, although we, too, are awaiting this media briefing today to learn more. We'll try to livestream it at http://www.krdo.com. Check our FB page for ongoing details: KRDO NewsChannel 13 / KRDO.com"

How do we know she willingly allowed anyone to have the baby on Thanksgiving? And who is JP?
Typo. Not just anyone. PF is the child's father. Why wouldn't KB willingly allow PF to have the baby on Thanksgiving? His family would want to see a grandchild on the holiday and there was no reason not to allow it. It was a perfect way for PF to seize control of the child and not raise eyebrows later when KB was reported missing. JMO

I agree completely...unless there are extenuating circumstances. For example, PF could know something we don't. He could *genuinely* know she said she was running away, or that she was using drugs, or so on. Or what if they'd been broken up for a long time and he knows she was in a new relationship. He may not be going to the presser because he hasn't been her "fiancé" in a year or more...but doesn't want to throw embarrassing or personal details out there on top of the existing public scrutiny.

Again, I think it's most likely she encountered foul play at the hands of someones she knew, but I'm leaving options open.
It could absolutely be something like that. Something that would explain why she wasn’t noticed or reported missing right away. Or why he was not on TV asking for the publics help. There may be a lot more going on than any of us now

You took the words out of my mouth......
Plus, if you need a lawyer to represent you already, it's because there's something to hide! IMO
He is getting slammed already on other platforms so a pretty smart move on his part not to participate in the presser. In many cases ppl have retained a lawyer regardless of innocent or guilty status to handle PR statements. Not talking does not always equal guilt

I can’t seem to figure out a definitive answer regarding the ping. Would it ping if it’s off? If a text message was “scheduled” wouldn’t the phone need to be on? So someone would have needed to have turned it on somewhere along the way.

I also wonder about toll roads. Are there any on that route that happen to work by capturing license plates? Of course this would only matter if someone on their radar took a vehicle belonging to them.

The cell phone wouldn’t have pinged the tower if it was powered off and a cell phone needs to be powered on to send a text message.

We don’t have enough information. I’d like to know, when LE showed up at Kelsey's townhouse for a wellness check, was the door locked (from the outside)? If so, Kelsey, PF, or someone else who has a key locked up her townhouse before Kelsey went away. If the door was unlocked, for example), who knows.

Why would LE be so shut down on this case? Very odd to me. Someone earlier posted that they felt like LE was holding off on the presser, I think they were too. I think her family forced them to do something. Hinky meter going off.
I think LE is being very quiet about their actions for various reasons we can’t discuss yet. I DON’T think they’re shut down.

He is getting slammed already on other platforms so a pretty smart move on his part not to participate in the presser. In many cases ppl have retained a lawyer regardless of innocent or guilty status to handle PR statements. Not talking does not always equal guilt
You’re right, he’d be slammed either way.

But not reporting his fiancé missing, coupled with the lack of a public plea for her return, kinda lends itself to legitimate criticism.

“I care so much about my missing fiancé, the mother of my child, that I’m just going to sit back and watch what happens,” ain’t exactly giving off a good vibe.

Most people would be out there, critics be damned.

Exactly.

If it is true that her phone was dark for three days, and that ping/those text messages occurred in an isiolated period of time, I think it’s reasonable to assume that something bad happened on Thanksgiving.
Agreed, the text could have been sent earlier. we've all been in areas where we don't have cell service and we try to send a text(or anything!) and it doesn't go through, we have to resend, or we find out the recipient of the text doesn't get the text til later, next day, etc. I'm not familiar with that part of the US, but it sounds and looks like there is a lot of rural areas, therefore, not the best cell service. I'm sure LE is concentrating very hard on thanksgiving day and the remaining weekend.

Typo. Not just anyone. PF is the child's father. Why wouldn't KB willingly allow PF to have the baby on Thanksgiving? His family would want to see a grandchild on the holiday and there was no reason not to allow it. It was a perfect way for PF to seize control of the child and not raise eyebrows later when KB was reported missing. JMO
I don't think any of us know what happened during the exchange and what was voluntary or not. It's still unclear what their initial plans ever were or if/how "going out to dinner" turned into only an exchange of the child. They could have had plans to "go out" to a restaurant for all we know. Somewhere in all of this Kelsey went missing and PF ended up with their child. The whole middle is still a big missing piece, imo.

You’re right, he’d be slammed either way.

But not reporting his fiancé missing, coupled with the lack of a public plea for her return, kinda lends itself to legitimate criticism.

“I care so much about my missing fiancé, the mother of my child, that I’m just going to sit back and watch what happens,” ain’t exactly giving off a good vibe.

Most people would be out there, critics be damned.

When did PF find out KB was missing?

Unfortunately, we don't know whether the phone pinged between the 22nd and the 25th the whole way up to Gooding. Based on the way that information was released, I think most people's minds sort of assume that the phone was silent between 11/22 and 11/25, but that's not what we've been told. (IIRC, and I welcome being corrected if I have misremembered this.)

I sure wish we had more information. This is frustrating.

It stands to reason the phone pinged nowhere else. Otherwise, why say that it pinged one time in the Gooding area? Wouldn't they have said the phone pinged for the last time in Gooding? What would be the purpose of that statement if there were pings in many other areas? Remember this is a missing persons case. They are telling people about the ping so they can come forward with information about seeing her.

By raising hell that nothing is being done to get her name out there and the fact she's missing. I know I would be. Maybe "force" isn't the perfect word, I should have said pressured.

She already had the media's attention. She could threaten to hold her own press conference in front of the police department if they didn't. And at her press conference, she would make the police look bad for "doing nothing" about this missing young mother.

Even if PF did do interviews, his words, demener would be scrutinised.

So many (not on here) have already declared him guilty of killing Kelsey when he as of right now is not a POI or a suspect and according to LE kelsey's disappearance is still a missing persons case.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member