CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #21 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it not hold any weight that SF raised PF & we are now seeing that he is likely a murderer? Hopefully a judge will rule that she doesn’t get a chance to do that again. And yes, PF is an adult, but there has got to be some nurture in the nature vs. nurture argument for why he came out this twisted. If there is any sanity left in this world, she will not get custody of baby K.

At least for now. In Texas, when there is a contested custody case, there is a home study. They come to your house, interview neighbors, family members, and others. The standard is best interest of the child. This takes quite a while, so I don't think it will change until "The Custody Hearing," which will likely take months. If everything else is equal, I think SF still has an uphill battle. SF appears to have trouble moving and appears to be hard of hearing. Physically she is in no condition to be caring for a small child. Her physical age appears 15 years older than het chronological age. She will be in her 80's when Baby K reaches 18. Just don't see that happening. Wouldn't be in the best interest of the child.
In NJ too. In fact, my hubby (psychologist) is often recruited to do such studies. Involves interviewing all parties, some testing and home visits with child present. The judge reads the report and acts accordingly, though not alway per recommendation made. I don't see this case coming to this though, at least and unless PF's mom continues to file for custody and it needs to be resolved sometime in the future. Just some fyi.

Thank you! I don't believe for one moment that she is innocent. She knew who's phone it was, and she knew what to do with it- dispose of it, after the texts were made.
Agree. Since SHE had the phone LE can threaten her with charges of murder,so I would hope she will spill her guts and tell everything she knows.

Does it not hold any weight that SF raised PF & we are now seeing that he is likely a murderer? Hopefully a judge will rule that she doesn’t get a chance to do that again. And yes, PF is an adult, but there has got to be some nurture in the nature vs. nurture argument for why he came out this twisted. If there is any sanity left in this world, she will not get custody of baby K.
I don't want her to have custody either BUT it could be argued that she raised 3 other children who are upstanding citizens with one being in law enforcement, and PF IS innocent until proven guilty....

Hopefully she would be more motivated (angry!) not to care at this moment or see it that way. I know I sure would be.

I guess a person can always refuse to accept or have it donated to charity? Idk. IMO, the Bs are not “needy”.
Custody should be easily resolved, imo. I can’t imagine a final decision not being made soon.
IMO, the Judge spoke & the baby is where she will stay.

1. I do want CB and family to get custody of baby K
But, the family and environment is not to blame in all cases of murder. Sometimes yes. Lots of time no. So what causes it, who knows. I think it has to be some genetic defect or lack of brain development in a certain area- ie empathy. I am not advocating for plea by insanity, because i believe they know the difference between right and wrong they just don't care. I personally know the family of a murderer and it wasn't nurture. Can you find similarities in the personalities- maybe even dependency on mom sure. But that does not mean that mom is to blame for it. Just take it into consideration that she may not be a horrible person. KB may have really liked her for all we know.

I don't think he ever intended to make it look like a robbery at all. His plan was to make believe she went to Idaho and something terrible happened on the way. He's charged with robbery because he took the purse and the phone. LE knows he had the phone, because he gave it to this woman. That connects him to the crime. Imo
BBM
Please read the definition of robbery.
Robbery - Wikipedia

Ok, now wait... just watched this video again... there’s no mention of a woman in Idaho?
The text is there in the article, but not mentioned in the video

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't occur to me that the felony robbery could have been something that happened on the way to Grandmas'. That makes sense, except maybe I don't understand the legalize I thought it had to be more solid ie the murder happened during the course of the attempted robbery or fleeing from. So if the police are saying the crime scene is likely KB"s house doesn't their felony robbery charge then have to be linked to her home. Honestly, i could be way off base here, I am not a lawyer or in any way knowledgeable about the law.
I’m no expert either, but I thought felony robbery had to be from her person (with threat, violence or force). Theft from her home would be burglary.

Last edited:
1. I do want CB and family to get custody of baby K
But, the family and environment is not to blame in all cases of murder. Sometimes yes. Lots of time no. So what causes it, who knows. I think it has to be some genetic defect or lack of brain development in a certain area- ie empathy. I am not advocating for plea by insanity, because i believe they know the difference between right and wrong they just don't care. I personally know the family of a murderer and it wasn't nurture. Can you find similarities in the personalities- maybe even dependency on mom sure. But that does not mean that mom is to blame for it. Just take it into consideration that she may not be a horrible person. KB may have really liked her for all we know.

I know the family of a murderer as well, and his mom is a wonderful loving and religious woman. She was actually the one who convinced him to turn himself in and confess. His siblings are normal, productive members of society, and his parents are still married, well-off, and well-meaning. He was just the rotten one of the bunch.

I don't want her to have custody either BUT it could be argued that she raised 3 other children who are upstanding citizens with one being in law enforcement, and PF IS innocent until proven guilty....

Agree. However, I think the baby is where she shall remain. There’s no reason for the B family to not be awarded custody.
IMO, Mrs. F had absolutely nothing to do with the disapppearance of K.
<modsnip - discussing family>
We know nothing about Mrs. F to lead us to believe she participated in K’s disappearance. She can’t be discriminated against, though. No Judge will tell her “Mrs. F, I can’t consider giving you custody due to your physical impairment and you’re getting long in the tooth.”
<modsnip - discussing family>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t see how this alleged female helper wouldn’t know something ... surely you aren’t given a female’s phone and told to take it back to Idaho with you etc. ... this person either knows some of the story or is incredibly stupid IMHO ... it would all sound very suspicious to me. It will be very interesting to see what her level of friendship is with PF!

I don’t know if there are any lawyers on, but what is the likelihood that if Kelsey had a will specifying that she prefers her daughter go to her parents if anything happened to her or PF would hold weight in a custody battle between the grandparents? I’m guessing she probably didn’t unfortunately.

You can’t dictate custody in a will like it’s an expensive watch, you know? Plus, she didn’t have sole custody at the time of her death, so she wouldn’t have the final say anyways.

ETA: JMO, not an attorney

I don't think it's fair, at this point, to call her a mistress or other woman. We aren't sure if PF and KB were currently still together, if they were on and off, or what their arrangement was. This girl could have been his new girlfriend, or just friends with benefits, or just someone he knew. If they clarify to say he was cheating, then I am all for it, but until then, I don't think it's fair to the nurse in question
She might not have been his gf, maybe the wife/gf of the person he solicited, did it because she was told to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member