CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #21 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman may have disposed of Kelsey Berreth's phone...disposed of....disposed of...disposed of....

IMO, if she "disposed of" the phone, she knew whose phone it was, and she knew exactly why PF wanted her to get rid of it. That shows consciousness of guilt. JMO.

Completely agree. It doesn't sound like PF slipped it in her bag and she was shocked to find it, IMO.

But why is he “dating” a nurse who works in Twin Falls, Idaho in the first place? Why would she agree to help him??? It makes no sense that an RN would agree to his directions. I can see him connecting with her for the purpose of setting up an alibi - but how do we know he didn’t drive out there himself and dump KB somewhere along the way? He had 10 days at least with no one watching him.
I’m sorry, I just can’t believe any woman would agree to send text messages to cover for PF. I can’t think of a reasonable explanation he could give either for asking her to send them.
I’ve got her name (I think) but I’m sure I can’t post it unless she is charged...
Can I even discuss this? :eek:

My husband knew a salesman who had a woman in every state, its easier to keep them all apart that way. String them along with promises.. I guess we will find out, at the end of the month (can't find a crying emoji)

Hypothetically speaking, suppose he met this woman many months ago. And although she currently lived in Idaho, what if she had strong ties to his hometown in Colorado? Maybe she was in his hometown for Thanksgiving weekend?

And perhaps he set up the texts, to be sent a few days later on, when she would be back in Idaho? So all she needed to do, was turn the phone on at some point, when she returned North. He would not have had to totally explain all of the details fully---only that he was in a custody battle and he needed help fighting his mean ex, who was trying to take his child away...

And maybe, the detectives got wind of this girlfriend, and sent an investigator to meet with her and ask what she knew. I am sure they pressured her. She probably came unglued and told everything she knew about the phone, etc.

Yes, absolutely she could have. We could even speculate that this RN was a Thanksgiving guest at the "ranch". It was an incredibly stupid move however the phone got to ID. If he wanted to create a plausible alibi, he should have had her drive KB's car up there with the phone in it. MOO

Nah, tollbooth video pics, gas station surveillance pics. Driving KB car would have been a huge risk.

It didn't ping along the way though right? It only did once it was IN Idaho. She had to have had and turned it on, and sent the texts, as directed by PF. I'm not going to make excuses for her. I think she knew what was going on and now she's cooperating to be spared in some way. Otherwise she would have been majorly set up and I'm not seeing the intelligence on PF's part for being technically savvy. jmo

AFAIK, we don’t actually know that the texts and ping are related, correct? Just that they happened on the same day.

We know the phone pinged at 5:13 PM in Gooding, ID and that two texts were sent from KB’s phone on the same day. Gooding is 12 hours from Woodland Park area, so isn’t it possible that the texts were sent early morning before the phone left Colorado? Maybe she disposed of the phone but didn’t send the texts.

What I don’t get it why he would trust her, or anyone to keep quiet once news broke about Kelsey, unless he hoped it would be a local story only...but then why involve Idaho...beginning to reconsider brain damage jmo...
PF took it to another level of stupid. All LE had to do was check out his contacts. They found one in ID, checked her out, served a warrant and she sang. IMHO.

I 100% agree about when this woman would have been told about the breakup, if it truly happened, but the article doesn’t actually say when he told her they broke up.

It says he told her they broke up in January of 2018. Then it says she saw him two days before his arrest and he felt he was being railroaded, etc. We may just be conflating those two separate pieces of information.

It doesn’t explicitly say he informed her of their earlier breakup two days before his arrest.
Yes, that's how I read it too. It doesn't say he told her they broke up when she saw him. Just that he was worried because the police were "railroading him."
He also told the guy that he worked with sometimes that the only relationship he had with Kelsey was sharing custody of their child. So he had told people long before the 2 days before the arrest. Imo

Why does it have to have been mailed? Couldn't she have picked up the phone in CO while there over the long weekend?

Speculation.

jmo

Honestly, though would one not realize LE checks mail shipments for interstate jurisdiction proof and many other things in a case? Cameras, visits to the condo, mail, packages, sending phones, etc.... easy clues. Lots of evidence comes from shippers.

Trying to think of a scenario where she was set up....maybe PF was with her in Idaho and handed her the phone after he sent the two texts. He made up some story about the phone and told her to throw it away for him.

Nah...doesn't work.

Why would he involve her at all with the phone unless she were, in fact, involved with why the phone was in ID in the first place.

I can't think of any innocent reason she would have that phone. :(

jmopinion at the moment
I am thinking it possibly pinged like the little piggie, All The Way Home.

The chosen career path has no bearing on a person ultimately turning criminal.
Nurses, doctors, mechanics, cowboys, priests, bus & taxi drivers & police officers, are not immune from murdering someone. Nor is a person from any other occupation.
MOO

Does anyone else remember the case of Michelle MacNeill in Utah? Martin MacNeill, both a DOCTOR AND LAWYER was convicted of her murder. The man went to both medical school and law school. Also, they were members of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (formerly known as LDS/Mormons)!

There is no profession that makes someone incapable of committing a murder. A profession is not correlated with someone who becomes a murderer.

Last edited:
She bought her townhouse in May, her parents immediately bought it from her - according to property records - either as a gift or KB would make payments to them. He started soliciting in September - four months later.
I don’t know how long those properties last on the market, but I’m betting they sell quickly and even if they didn’t - her home would be easily rented out. She rented one before buying that one.
I’m not saying the relationship had not already ended - I’m just curious as to WHY her mother believed it to be a “loving” relationship?
By all accounts KB was very close to her mother. Did her mother lie for the police?
Did KB lie to her mother?
I’d love to hear the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Completely MOO but I'm wondering if when KB met PF and moved fairly quickly to be near him..then got pregnant... perhaps her family was already on her for making rush decisions and then when she realized he was a loser and she ended relationship she wasn't quite ready to hear more from the family. Making bad decisions for love or lust happens and it's hard when you are blind to what everyone else sees. Then when you finally see it it's hard to admit to it. You're hurting and you don't want to hear it from everyone. I'm not sure sure if I call that lying...I sort of understand trying to keep her private life private. MOO

Im beginning to finally accept that PF really was a dumb criminal.

My goodness.

*Dont he know that LE always looks to significant others first

*Dont he know that LE always finds out about the flames on the side

*Dont he know that sending a fake texts to yourself and her boss would put you square in the sights of LE.

*Dont he know that LE will inspect her apartment with a fine tooth comb and find that needle in the haystack.

*Dont he know that all electronic trails eventually are tracked down.

*and on and on

Sheeesh. Some of the looks he gave during the courtroom video are turning out to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member