CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether the nurse knew at the time about the phone, or was in any way knowingly involved with it's disposal, I think the key is when police were notified. I'd say every moment that went by from the time it began being reported that KB was missing, until she notified police of what she knew, is an additional indication of the level of her involvement. Once she knew that the wife of someone she was very involved with was missing, she should have been on the phone to the police, if not earlier.
Another key will be the cellphone communications between her own phone and PF’s phone. It would be difficult for the two of them not to mess up here. If they conspired, police are going to find telltale signs in the pattern of calls/texts between the two. At a certain point there will either be too much activity, or not enough. IMO

With Watts, I was 100% that he did it.

With Mollie Tibbetts, I was 50/50 on her knowing her attacker or not. I was 100% sure that the boyfriend had nothing to do with it though.

I’m as confident that PF did it, as I was with Watts.

I can see this one “coming a mile away.”

I, too, am 99% positive PF did it. Statistically, nothing can be 100%, but it is a significant move from my original 85%. The story is so convoluted, though, I am prepared for more news and involvements.

However, I am concerned if the situation, the way it stands now, could be viewed as violation of 6th Amendment. Sealed affidavit that neither PF nor his DA has seen.

Not that I care much about PF, but if they can bend it in his case, they can bend it in the future, when someone´s guilt is not so obvious.

Hmm... but when Kelsey was merely missing, couldn’t they have met in a public place, or something to let CB see the baby? Who had knowledge that it was ‘murder’ at that point?
One point that I made before is, we don’t know that CB even made a request to see the baby. If I’m CB, I’m doing the smart thing and waiting a little while longer to get custody spelled out by the court. It was only a month. It’s not like she was used to seeing K every day or even every month.

And a public place versus a private one, same diff. You still have the risk of absconding. LE shows up, asks to see the custody papers, and there aren’t any. Not a good situation for either side to put themselves in, and so I don’t think either side tried. JMHO

With Mollie Tibbetts, I was 50/50 on her knowing her attacker or not. I was 100% sure that the boyfriend had nothing to do with it though.

Same here, watts - guilty, tibbetts- never thought it was boyfriend.

Here PK & ? Jmo he is guilty is hell.

Why did PF want her murdered? That is something I have not understood this whole time.

I had many versions, and all were wrong, but here is my theory for today.

- PF and KB had a child, and, whatever their relationship was, KB bought a townhouse close to PF, to raise baby K together.

- unbeknownst to her, PF was involved in a serious relationship with IN

- MOO - PF was probably tired of his batchelor of the year status and probably wanted IN to move in to enjoy the farm life

- knowing KB, whether close to PF or not, she would not tolerate another woman on the farm, helping raise her kid! I think she would have moved closer to DOSS, rented out her townhouse and found a daycare for baby K, or asked her parents to help her out, or moved to WA. But either way, baby K would be out of the farm

- PF’s mom would have not liked it. I believe she was sincerely attached to baby K.

- PF, give or take, was financially totally dependent on his mom and hoped to inherit the farm. So, on one hand, he had a developing relationship, and on the other hand, he could not develop this relationship, because KB would have not tolerated it.

He chose the shortcut, as these guys always do. KB had to be out of the picture.

P.S. my hunches are usually wrong.

What I don’t get is why PF handed over his phone so easily? I’m sure all his deleted messages & calls were pretty helpful. Dumb I guess?! Imo

Just want to add that a parent that is seen in public as being the worlds best mom or dad is not always as it appears.

I know of a male 32yrs old, that had a fb that was loaded with images/pictures or him and 2 daughters both under 6 yrs old. Camping, fishing, swimming, like they had the best daddy. He is spending the rest of his life in prison for sexually abusing both girls.

So much for great dads. Not always.

I haven't really kept up with the threads on WS because i'm so busy during the day and they move so darn fast. My sister is really into this case so she's been keeping me informed and she lurks on here. She loves WS a lot! Anyways this case is so crazy. It's like out of a damn movie. Just wow. I'm so glad that the little girl remains in the custody of her mothers parents.

I think the 3 day delay in the phone being powered up and sending messages was due to IN's travels. We know she was in CO and it seems she transported the phone. It's hard to believe anything other than she intentionally waited until arriving in ID, turned it on, and sent the messages herself, as instructed by PF. But of course, JMO, MOO, etc.

I think the 3 day delay in the phone being powered up and sending messages was due to IN's travels. We know she was in CO and it seems she transported the phone. It's hard to believe anything other than she intentionally waited until arriving in ID, turned it on, and sent the messages herself, as instructed by PF. But of course, JMO, MOO, etc.

Absolutely.

As I said days ago, that is how LE knew it was in gooding.

I believe that in the hearing on Monday where PF was present, the Judge
ordered that the arrest warrant be given to PF's attorney but the atty was not allowed to share it with PF. You can see it in the pool camera video shot in a later point in the hearing.
Okay, I finally went back to the video of Monday’s hearing (the link is in the Media thread). To me, it isn’t clear at all whether the affidavit was actually turned over to the defense attorney.

They start to discuss the prosecution’s motion at about the 16-1/2 minute mark. The prosecution states their willingness to turn over the affidavit to the attorney “today”, but asks the judge for a protective order that would bar the attorney from sharing it with PF. She says she would like for that protective order to be in place for a week.

That’s when the judge expresses her concerns about the 6th amendment. She then states that they can discuss on Friday and that each side will need to cite their authority (which would be case law and/or the Constitution) to support their position. The prosecution then asks that their motion be sealed; the judge says she will suppress it, not seal it, thus giving the defense access to it. But I believe that is a separate document and is not the arrest warrant affidavit.

So, I’m not an attorney - I would love for our verified attorneys to weigh in on what transpired there and tell me if I am interpreting it correctly. To me, the DA was willing to turn over the affidavit but wanted a protective order; the Court ultimately did not issue a protective order that day and left it for today to consider. So did the DA still turn over that affidavit Monday, or did they withhold it because they didn’t get the protective order they requested? I think that is very unclear.

Edited to add: if I had to guess, they didn’t turn it over. Because if they did turn it over without their requested protective order in place, the attorney would be free to show it to PF and discuss. Which would make it a moot point to discuss it in today’s hearing because the horse would be out of the barn so to speak. So I’ve got to stick with the initial assertion - defense attorney still hasn’t seen the arrest affidavit. We will know for sure this afternoon.

Last edited:

IMO it is not very smart to get a lawyer, it is not very smart to run the press off of private land, it is not very smart to avoid a press conference seeking info on your missing partner, it is not very smart to hire or try to hire someone to kill your partner, it is not very smart to have someone text your partner's boss on Sunday and say your partner won't be showing up in 15 hours (and not give a reason).

wondering did Kelsey wear an engagement ring EVERYWHERE?
if it is now in PFs possession could that be the robbery component?

and if so how could LE be confident KB hadn't given it back to PF?
that it was still very much attached to her finger when she was murdered? (from previous discussions stolen property had to be taken from her alive or in the process of the murder/disappearance to be classed robbery iirc??)

is there any proof there was an engagement ring?

What I don’t get is why PF handed over his phone so easily? I’m sure all his deleted messages & calls were pretty helpful. Dumb I guess?! Imo
If he had been planning this for months, maybe he used one phone for the murder and coverup and another phone for legal stuff and did not give the police all of his phones.

Prosecutors might believe Frazee tried repeatedly to have Berreth killed, either asking three people or the same person three times, speculated Phil Dubois, a longtime Colorado Springs attorney who isn’t involved in the case.

The other possibility is that Frazee is accused of trying to have three people killed, Dubois said.

“It’s a little like an attempt except it involves some other person who would actually do the deed,” Dubois said.

Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé charged with first-degree murder

That means the item is so small that it will be destroyed by testing, Dubois said. A droplet of blood, a hair follicle or skin oil left on an object — potentially bearing DNA — are all possibilities.

Fourth Judicial District Judge Lin Billings Vela set a motions hearing for Friday to discuss the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami