CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was any communication between them about the crime, they may have used different phones. Can data still be retrieved from those pay as you go track phones without having the actual phones? In other words, if they had those phones and destroyed them, and they were never found, could LE still somehow get the data from them?
I’ve only had iPhone data and texts retrieved when the phone was damaged beyond repair.

If there was any communication between them about the crime, they may have used different phones. Can data still be retrieved from those pay as you go track phones without having the actual phones? In other words, if they had those phones and destroyed them, and they were never found, could LE still somehow get the data from them?
No I don’t think so. But how prevalent is it for a criminal to do the burner phone thing, anyway? I feel like that’s been popularized so much from TV and movies that we think every person who is up to no good has a burner phone. I’d be surprised if both of them would have gone to that trouble.

LE probably verified with the hospital IN’s work schedule during times in question....
It will be interesting to find out if IN was off work for the holiday weekend and spent it in CO ( I know it was reported she was there Thanksgiving day but I haven’t heard beyond that). Could be she went back to Idaho that Sunday, turned the phone on once she got to Gooding, sent the text, then disposed of it. Phone off until that time.
Didn’t the one sending the texts consider sending more than one to perhaps a loved one who might be worried sick about their daughter/friend that texts them all the time? Not well thought out IMO

I’ve been a member of this incredible group of brilliant people but rarely post. I was following another thread speaking of the alleged nurse and her Facebook page. Wouldn’t someone under that kind of scrutiny shut it down? The fact that it is still up made me think she may not have access to the ability to shut it down. I thought this was oddly indicative of her being “held” either in a protective way or in custody. JW what others thought of this. Not sure if it was discussed.
From personal experience, it takes exactly 14 days to take down your FB page. I'm guessing LE can do it in less than that. At what point did she realize she needed to take it down. When KB was "missing", or when she realized she was involved in a murder investigation? JMO
edit to add: I imagine though that you could delete content during those 14 days.

It was up as early as midnight CST. It is down now and confirmed by the article. However, the article begs the question as to why law enforcement took it down and not IN? Is she detained?
is she detained? Interesting that you ask that. Friend of nurse
stated on another sm site that FBI ordered nurse to take off 16
days from work. My thought was that she is detained. mOO and
could be rumor.

No I don’t think so. But how prevalent is it for a criminal to do the burner phone thing, anyway? I feel like that’s been popularized so much from TV and movies that we think every person who is up to no good has a burner phone. I’d be surprised if both of them would have gone to that trouble.
I don't know, I would think if he was planning it for a couple of months and knew he would have to discuss the details and the person wasn't near enough to meet in person he would just buy one of those cheap phones. Especially if he saw it in the movies! Imo

wondering did Kelsey wear an engagement ring EVERYWHERE?
if it is now in PFs possession could that be the robbery component?

and if so how could LE be confident KB hadn't given it back to PF?
that it was still very much attached to her finger when she was murdered? (from previous discussions stolen property had to be taken from her alive or in the process of the murder/disappearance to be classed robbery iirc??)

is there any proof there was an engagement ring?

To me, an e-ring would be more interesting than the cinnamon buns. More indicative, too, of the status of KB's and PF's relationship.

Did anyone see this ring in her photos? I didn't.

Didn’t the one sending the texts consider sending more than one to perhaps a loved one who might be worried sick about their daughter/friend that texts them all the time? Not well thought out IMO
So true! Just DOSS/work and PF..... what about a “hey Mom, going to be really busy for awhile if you don’t hear from me”.... (although KB was apparently close to her Mom so maybe PF thought that would set off alarms).... I touch base w/my Mom everyday no matter what !

IMO, there is misdemeanor robbery and felony robbery. I don't know if the charges make it clear which is being discussed here. I know the word feloniously is mentioned three times here, once I think it was spelled wrong, but maybe if you commit misdemeanor robbery, and kill someone it doesn't matter.
Ignore the first and second sentence here, I got robbery confused with theft. I can't find the edit icon.

One thing that continues to baffle me is if PF wanted everyone to think that KB needed time off of work and he wanted everyone to think she sent the texts from Idaho, then why did he leave both her vehicles in her own driveway.

I almost wonder if he did plan to have someone drive the car there and maybe the person refused to do it or got scared to do that part.

So true! Just DOSS/work and PF..... what about a “hey Mom, going to be really busy for awhile if you don’t hear from me”....
I think it's bc a text to Kelsey's mother would have drawn even bigger red flags, especially if they usually chatted vs texting, style of writing etc.

Plus, the cold, unfeeling behavior by the defendant suggests he doesn't have a 'concerned' thought process. Grrrrrrr!

Consumptive Forensic DNA Testing •

"Because DNA testing has become so sensitive, items such as knife handles and firearms can be swabbed to recover invisible cellular material potentially left by handlers of those items. Due to the expected low level DNA yield, the crime laboratory will typically swab the entire surface of the item, removing most if not all of the low-level DNA that was present. The entire swabbing is then consumed in the analysis, leaving nothing for an independent analysis.

If this so-called consumptive DNA testing is going to be performed, crime laboratories typically must first inform the detective or prosecutor handling the case."

So it could be swab from a handgun or a knife, not necessarily a hair follicle.

No, I meant P & K. Did they have a formal agreement?

Idk if P’s rights have been taken away, in regards to parenting. He’s involved in the custody petition. He’s innocent. He’s not been declared guilty. IMO, the baby was not removed from Mrs. F because of impending danger. Rather removed bc k’s mom had quietly, behind the scene, orchestrated a custody petition, making the baby a ward of the state. That’s why, IMO, the baby was taken from Mrs. F. All the time P was under suspicion, he had the child.

MOO MOO

If the mother is assumed dead and the father is incarcerated, isn't it the common procedure for the state to take the child as a ward of the state and place the child with relatives if possible? Isn't the state tasked with looking after the best interests of the child? Isn't SF going to be busy trying to help her son? Isn't it normal that the dead mother's family try to get custody of their beloved grand child? I feel like the F family is trying to overwhelm the court and tie up the child custody case as long as possible out of revenge to the B family. I think CB did have help/advice from the victim's advocacy program in regards to child custody, which I think is great for baby K. IMO, the court is not going to be influenced by any "orchestration" by CB. CB is a victim in all this, too. She doesn't deserve being blamed for a situation that's not of her doing.

ETA MOO

BBM: Pedrosmom, that is certainly a possibility. :)
  • She may in fact be in some form of police custody....OR
  • She may just be inactive on FB, and hasn't been paying any attention to it....OR
  • She may have decided that it's smarter to leave her FB up, as deleting her FB account would make it look like she had something to hide...OR
  • She may want to be able to monitor what people are posting to her FB page.
There are so many other possible explanations. I don't think there's any way to really know, unless/until MSM comes out and reports that she's been arrested or otherwise detained. But yes, definitely, it's possible that IN is in some type of police custody, IMO.
I think, LE might have all her devices after a search warrant.

It's amazing to me with how people closely associated with murder victims think they can get away with killing these people.
I doubt that , for many of these people, this was their first
encounter with disregarding the law.
To be involved, solicited, or aiding or abetting a murderer, you'd
have to be a little amoral, immoral, or lax in citizenship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en