CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still befuddled with why we haven't heard about any
organized search for her body.
This week on a true crime tv show, they reported about another
murder out west and said 6800 sq. miles were searched over
xx days. Did LE know right away that her body was destroyed?
Or did they find what's left of her body early on and we just
haven't heard? I can't figure this out.

Can I take us all back to the Safeway video for a moment? Is there any video whatsoever of the parking lot?

Edited to add.....Released to the public?
No. I’m confident that video exists, but it has yet to be released.

Either because it is irrelevant to the reason for its release (showing her appearance), or because it is relevant to the investigation.

Can KB's parents file a wrongful death suit against IN? What if she was in protective custody with, say, FBI, are they able to go file against her as well?? Just because she is "working with LE" and 'might be involved somehow/somewhat, intentionally or not', can they go after her as well??
It’s way too early. She hasn’t been charged with a crime, and her involvement is unclear.

Personally imoo I think this is all to do with sweet baby k and money as his motive kb would have life insurance who ever had baby k would have the money . Could cb be filing the civil to stop pf from collecting anything

I am sort of hoping that if KB had life insurance through work, and since she is not married, that she named her mom as beneficiary.
Life insurance would be very expensive for a pilot, if I'm not mistaken it's actually one of the questions asked on the form when you apply. Her company would most likely provide some type of coverage that she may or may not have increased and paid for the additional. She seemed responsible, having a daughter, owning a home and successful career leads me to believe she would have the mindset to take care of her daughter. If he were the beneficiary and he knew it - getting rid of her solved a lot of his problems. Additionally, her parents may have a policy on her too. JMO

Can KB's parents file a wrongful death suit against IN? What if she was in protective custody with, say, FBI, are they able to go file against her as well?? Just because she is "working with LE" and 'might be involved somehow/somewhat, intentionally or not', can they go after her as well??
If it bares out that she was indeed involved, I sure as heck hope so.

Maybe the weather and/or terrain dictates only professionals be involved.

It’s way too early. She hasn’t been charged with a crime, and her involvement is unclear.
@MassGuy Thank you. Say it is further down the road, is it legal to file a suit against her as well? Or is that based on her involvement? Shouldn't ANY involvement be considered "fair game" to file wrongful death suit against?

Either because it is irrelevant to the reason for its release (showing her appearance), or because it is relevant to the investigation.

It stands to reason there’s video, imo. If a shoplifter left the store before being apprehended, they’d want to see his vehicle. And, in the event of slip/falls in lot, purse snatching, car break ins, etc., I would THINK footage exists.

Thanks. A niggly little puzzle piece. MOO it’s relevant to the investigation. MOO

@MassGuy Thank you. Say it is further down the road, is it legal to file a suit against her as well? Or is that based on her involvement? Shouldn't ANY involvement be considered "fair game" to file wrongful death suit against?
I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t imagine that a civil suit couldn’t be filed against her if she is found to be involved here.

That’s way down the road though.

I'm not quite sure how to quote a post from an earlier thread (there is no quote link that I see anymore) but I've included the image below from @PommyMommy 's post in #23-61.

Question: Is paragraph 21 in the image below just a legal way of saying that KB is/was a citizen of the State of Colorado? Or could it imply something more? Phrases like "breached the duty of care" in paragraph 20 almost seem to imply a special legal relationship of some sort between the two. MOO, but I'm guessing it's just the necessarily exacting legalese that states she is covered by the laws of Colorado. Thoughts? I've never seen a document like this before...

DwH6uBBVYAAZonT.jpg

And to add, "KB was the member of the class for whose protection the aforementioned statutes were enacted"

Is it legalese, meaning that she was human, or something special, like illness/condition?

It stands to reason there’s video, imo. If a shoplifter left the store before being apprehended, they’d want to see his vehicle. And, in the event of slip/falls in lot, purse snatching, car break ins, etc., I would THINK footage exists.
Agreed. Safeway is a chain with several hundred locations. I can’t imagine that they don’t have extensive video coverage of both their stores, and parking lots.

This ain’t your mom and pop gas station with decoy video cameras.

I asked this question several times, annoying many I am sure, in the beginning. There seemed to be no organized searches of any kind. Leads me believe that LE knew fairly early that they would find no body . Perhaps because there isn’t one to find. or not much anyway. MOO

What would be the reasoning behind not sharing that I wonder? Seeing her get into her car, seeing if there is anyone around her. Potential witnesses. There has to be a reason for it not being shown

It’s not uncommon for a farrier to medicate a horse. Some horses oblige & pick feet up. Some, despite training, will never act appropriately. Younger horses, especially. It terrifies them to get shoes, the first time. MOO
Also, imo, any of us with cattle or large farm animals tend to have meds on hand. Things happen, a vet isn’t always available. After establishing a relationship with a vet, in my neck of the woods, we call & tell him what we need & it’s ready to be picked up on the next trip to town. However, narcotics would be off limits. But, if someone has an injured horse, they may need to medicate it for days/weeks, so there’s alway a possibility a rancher has available meds. Personally, I don’t see K being injected.

MOO MOO
Don't have much experience with horses and only know about dairy farming, other than a veterinarian I'd never seen anyone handle things like succ.

And to add, "KB was the member of the class for whose protection the aforementioned statutes were enacted"

Is it legalese, meaning that she was human, or something special, like illness/condition?

I think because the law was enacted to protect humans. Do you?

Life insurance would be very expensive for a pilot, if I'm not mistaken it's actually one of the questions asked on the form when you apply. Her company would most likely provide some type of coverage that she may or may not have increased and paid for the additional. She seemed responsible, having a daughter, owning a home and successful career leads me to believe she would have the mindset to take care of her daughter. If he were the beneficiary and he knew it - getting rid of her solved a lot of his problems. Additionally, her parents may have a policy on her too. JMO
I agree. I would think she would most likely have a policy of some sort. Perhaps her parents filing as a preemptive protection of that policy. Also, it is not unknown for people to get life insurance for someone without their knowledge. So I don’t know how easy or difficult that would be. And he could have been the beneficiary. Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom