CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s take just a moment to review what’s been revealed so far.

PF has been arrested and charged. Abbreviated, but 1st degree murder and 3 counts of solicitation. THREE counts.

IN has been revealed. KB’s phone texts/pings came from Idaho. It is alleged/suspected that she disposed of KB’s phone. LE has gone to extreme lengths to protect her identity?

TWO people accompanied PF to the dump. WHO were those two people? Where are those two people? Why aren’t we discussing those two people?

IN + Two “Dump People” = THREE

Coincidence? Somebody is talking. Who aren’t we hearing about? Why?

Edited to add MOO MOO MOO
the dump trip interests me a lot.

-the depot rang the cops
- the cops were already watching him
- PF was aware the cops were watching him.
-he doesn't touch any of the rubbish disposed at the dump.
- two mates do all the dirty work.
- 2 days later PF is arrested.

there we have 3 people on LE radar as part of his narrative.

moo

yes
from what the family member said initially about there being so much more to the story than we know pertains to the lead up to the murder imo.

if PF was brazen enough to verbalise outloud he wanted Kelsey dead he was brazen enough to treat her like crap in the lead up.
HOPEFULLY Kelsey was smart enough to record stuff, tell her nearest and dearest what was really goin on between them etc.

if she was madly in love though with PF she likely hid it and erased evidence of any abuse.

imo
Her mother did say they had had problems, maybe that's one of the problems that Kelsey mentioned.

LWOP, is great, imo.
He can enjoy many long days thinking about ridin & ropin. Maybe catch a few old westerns on his small screen.

I think the victim’s family often prefer LWOP to avoid a trial. Things, hurtful, ugly things are always brought out to diminish the victim. I understand the defense must vigorously defend his client but......
MOO from my experience watching trials/reading, etc.

Very true. DP cases also end up in years and years of appeals, which is costly to the state and a renewal of pain and misery for the victims' families. It's tough.

Having said that, I'm a very pro-DP prosecutor (in CA of all states - sigh), but I am also realistically aware of the fact that in our state alone we have 750 inmates on death row, and it takes an average of 37.5 years on death row prior to execution.

At least LWOP ends that portion of the misery. CW for example will not be in the news again, barring some in-prison scenario like suicide or murder at the hands of another inmate. Well except for love letters from lunatics. :rolleyes:

No- I believe they figured out she died in her home by cell data and other means and they were there gathering evidence to find the perpetrators presence in the home. Touch DNA, hair.

I disagree. I think the first search revealed little but a person with intimate knowledge directed LE to a specific item or area. Bet the person also had one or more polys!

It makes me think of the murder of candy heiress Helen Brach and
the murder of racehorses for insurance money.
The article mentions that Helen's body was burned in a steel furnace. Could that be a possibility for KB? Maybe a campfire is more likely. There are so many remote places in CO.

Candy heiress Helen Brach was disposed of on orders from Chicagoland horse dealer | Daily Mail Online
I wonder how common these are around those parts:
Livestock Incinerator | Animal Incinerators for Sale

I'm just thinking out loud here.....so PF ses to KK, You come for Thanksgiving. Then x happens (did she even know?), and you (KK) leave, taking this phone with you that I want you to turn on in Gooding. And then pitch it.

All while riding in an Uber? (I'm still having a hard time figuring out the Uber connection)

How is this not conspiracy? Even if KK didn't know why the phone was given to her. Like as if PF said, I can't tell you, if I tell you, I'd have to kill you.

This plot. Too thick.

It wouldn't be conspiracy if she didn't conspire with him prior to the fact. If all she did was take the phone afterwards, even if she knew at that point that the crime had occurred, she would be an accessory after the fact.

@riolove77,

The defense can also consult with the DA to discuss a deal, correct? Then, perhaps, suggest to his client, things don’t look too good, maybe you should start thinking.....

Yeah definitely. Recall in CW's case, it was the defense that went to the DA for a deal after the autopsies were released to them...

Very true. DP cases also end up in years and years of appeals, which is costly to the state and a renewal of pain and misery for the victims' families. It's tough.

Having said that, I'm a very pro-DP prosecutor (in CA of all states - sigh), but I am also realistically aware of the fact that in our state alone we have 750 inmates on death row, and it takes an average of 37.5 years on death row prior to execution.

At least LWOP ends that portion of the misery. CW for example will not be in the news again, barring some in-prison scenario like suicide or murder at the hands of another inmate. Well except for love letters from lunatics. :rolleyes:

I agree! And, the death row cell block affords nicer amenities, often times. Single cells is one plus. San Quentin claims DR is the least problematic housing unit. Few inmate v inmate fights, etc.
Scott P seemed very chipper in the recently released video on Radar.

Media reports that Lee and Kelsey Berreth's fiance, Patrick Frazee, met at a rodeo and were romantically involved.

Idaho nurse questioned in Kelsey Berreth disappearance identified

Lee, a divorced mother of two, is believed to have been having a romantic relationship with Patrick Frazee. Sources close to Lee told ABC News that the pair have known each other for years, and reportedly worked together at one time.

She was involved in rodeo, being named 2008 Rodeo Queen of the Magic Valley Stampede. Frazee also was involved in rodeo, according to social media posts obtained by KRDO NewsChannel 13.

Woman being investigated in Kelsey Berreth case

I don't know.. Maybe because I am from the city, but "Rodeo Queen of the Magic Valley Stampede"?? Jeez, they will give a crown for anything, huh?!
Somewhere I read, possibly from her HS friend that said in a MSM interview, that "she comes from a great family"..

So... #1- She is a previous "rodeo queen" ie, lots of local know and voted for this girl.
#2- Well educated.. Earning your RN is NO small feat
#3- From the looks of the video posted of the news clip outside her house, appears to be living a comfortable life (speculation) Nice size house, loots of land. Now I have no clue the value of CO real estate, but I can guess, its worth some money..

WHY on this great green earth would convince this woman to help this guy get away with this??????

PF= master manipulator OR he has something on her.?.. What is in her past we have no idea about.. Only thing that makes me speculate why she got caught up in this..

It all makes NO sense IMO

yes
from what the family member said initially about there being so much more to the story than we know pertains to the lead up to the murder imo.

if PF was brazen enough to verbalise outloud he wanted Kelsey dead he was brazen enough to treat her like crap in the lead up.
HOPEFULLY Kelsey was smart enough to record stuff, tell her nearest and dearest what was really goin on between them etc.

if she was madly in love though with PF she likely hid it and erased evidence of any abuse.

imo
Well, that's a question I have per the wrongful death filing- are the Berreth's saying that the abuse mentioned (emotional, suffering, etc) occurred only shortly before/during her homicide? Or are they saying that
there was a history of abuse throughout their relationship?

Is it a fact the LE made entry on the first visit? Or just checked from outside.

I don't think so. The first visit especially. I think on the second visit, they saw something not included on the previous search warrant.

Yes, IMO, they were told where to retrieve evidence. IMO, the person advising LE had to be there during the crime or clean up. Otherwise, the murderer would need to have been most detailed “I think I forgot to wash the grill on the bottom of the fridge....” or something, when sharing info.

I was thinking about when murderers confess their crimes to a priest or therapist. Is it that they have a duty to warn LE if the crime has yet to take place? Must they tell LE about the killer's confession if the murder did, indeed, happen?

This gets tricky, and varies by state. Generally when you have someone like a psychiatrist and they tell you about their desire to harm themselves or another, the psych has a duty to warn. There is a very famous case on this: Tarasoff v University of CA Regents, if anyone is interested.

It's even trickier when we get to priests; there is religious "law" versus our LAW laws and there have been different rulings over time. I'd have to look into CO law to see if, hypothetically, PF had confessed to his pastor, would that pastor be obliged to report.

Yeah definitely. Recall in CW's case, it was the defense that went to the DA for a deal after the autopsies were released to them...

Unlike some, if he’s guilty, I expect him to eventually talk. I don’t mean tomorrow, either. Lol
IMO, he’s lying in his bunk considering all options. His mom & siblings will likely advise him if the DP is brought up.
I THINK I read the percentage of DP cases that actually proceed to trial to be extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nunca me buscaron101