CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that KB communicated with her mom constantly. I’m certain her mother knew a ton of info about her plans for thanksgiving down to why she ran to the store. It’s even possible that KB spoke of IN to her mom and perhaps why she broke off the engagement or was planning to. There is so much communication and evidence that LE is sifting that when this story comes to light by way of a trial, or plea, it will blow our socks off. MOO
yes
from what the family member said initially about there being so much more to the story than we know pertains to the lead up to the murder imo.

if PF was brazen enough to verbalise outloud he wanted Kelsey dead he was brazen enough to treat her like crap in the lead up.
HOPEFULLY Kelsey was smart enough to record stuff, tell her nearest and dearest what was really goin on between them etc.

if she was madly in love though with PF she likely hid it and erased evidence of any abuse.

imo

That's why I think it isn't crime scene evidence that they declared she was dead. I think it was cell data and other information they have acquired that makes them believe this.
So you think that final search, the one in which reporters heard “banging,” saw a ladder being brought in, and several bags being brought out, was simply a coincidence?

Following this search, law enforcement said that they believed she was dead, and was murdered in that house.

I cannot imagine that this conclusion was not based in part, on physical (forensic) evidence that indicated her death.

Oh it's too EARLY! haha he has plenty of time!

Obviously I don't know what May has or doesn't have, but if he has enough for a DP case, he can already be consulting with the Berreths to get their thoughts. Something makes me think they would be a lot like SW's family in not wanting to press for it; lots of religious folks are like that.

Not to say they have to tell PF that; also not to say May has to do what the victim's family wants, although often it's taken into account.

May might be willing to take LWOP to forego a trial if all are in agreement; I just don't think we are going to have a CW on our hands here....this guy will take it all the way. I hope I'm wrong though.

@riolove77,

The defense can also consult with the DA to discuss a deal, correct? Then, perhaps, suggest to his client, things don’t look too good, maybe you should start thinking.....

BBM

For real. Multiple suspects, multiple jurisdictions, a 10-day disadvantage, etc.
MOO
Agree.. The DA/LE are going to come forward with a strong, solid case against PF.... what’s that old saying.... “good things come to those who wait?”..... I’ll wait (not so sure patiently but I’ll wait... lol)

Regarding the size of his forge: One of the news articles posted within the last couple of days showed a photo of him and his portable forge. It was about the size of a typical mop bucket. It was on wheels.

Man Accused Of Murdering Fiancee Kelsey Berreth Appears In Court

SABBMFAA:
Frazee is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 29. District Attorney Dan May said that his office will consider whether to pursue the death penalty after Frazee enters a plea in court next month.

-- rio, it looks like the DA is waiting for PF to enter his plea. From a prosecutorial standpoint, are there any advantages to delaying an announcement re: seeking the DP in this case?

He's gonna wait to see if PF pleads guilty; I don't believe he's been arraigned?

He's got 63 days after that to announce. At this point, the 1/29 date has been vacated and prelim is scheduled for 2/19, so he's going to have to enter his plea at some point before prelim. I thought I read somewhere that in CO advisement is the same as arraignment? I don't recall him entering a plea yet though, so I'm a tad confused on that.

I don't see a reason why May would announce this now when he has nine full weeks after the entering of the plea. They have time to gather more evidence and really decide if this is going to be a DP case or not.

The 29th January date was changed to February 19th.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Yes, so I'm assuming that the DA will wait until after the 19th to announce whether or not they will be seeking the DP. Wondering why the DA is waiting until after PFs enter his plea to announce whether or not the DP will be sought.

Last edited:
So you think that final search, the one in which reporters heard “banging,” saw a ladder being brought in, and several bags being brought out, was simply a coincidence?

Following this search, law enforcement said that they believed she was dead, and was murdered in that house.

I cannot imagine that this conclusion was not based in part, on physical (forensic) evidence that indicated her death.
No- I believe they figured out she died in her home by cell data and other means and they were there gathering evidence to find the perpetrators presence in the home. Touch DNA, hair.

Man Accused Of Murdering Fiancee Kelsey Berreth Appears In Court

SABBMFAA:
Frazee is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 29. District Attorney Dan May said that his office will consider whether to pursue the death penalty after Frazee enters a plea in court next month.

-- rio, it looks like the DA has decided to wait for PF to enter his plea. From a prosecutorial standpoint, are there any advantages to delaying an announcement re: seeking the DP in this case?

Tysm for this, I was getting ready to look!

Can they even have that Preliminary Hearing on murder charges if Kelsey is not declared dead and a death certificate issued?

There have been many a no-body trial where the defense really does try to point out that "we don't even know she's dead!"

Doesn't work usually.

Plus I think they're likely working on having her declared. I don't know this obviously.

Yeah so this is what I mentioned the other day; for example, aiding and abetting is accomplice liability BUT in addition to knowing about the crime, you have to encourage it and intend for it to happen, knowing that it is illegal.

Mandatory reporting laws for people like teachers/pastors/doctors/social workers, etc. also come into play. But that's a whole different ballpark. It's not the situation where you know Bob is about to kill Cindy and you just don't say anything one way or the other. Without more, Bob would not be responsible.

Between him and God is a different story...but moral obligation and legal obligation definitely don't often cross paths.
I was thinking about when murderers confess their crimes to a priest or therapist. Is it that they have a duty to warn LE if the crime has yet to take place? Must they tell LE about the killer's confession if the murder did, indeed, happen?

Just to ask the contra, as a prosecutor what would motivate you to offer down a Manslaughter charge in a plea?

I wouldn't. Never in a case like this. There seems to be heavy circumstantial evidence of premeditation. This is murder 1 all the way.

I am not even going to discuss involuntary manslaughter because it doesn't apply here. For a voluntary manslaughter case, would require a case where someone acted during the heat of passion in a situation where you would objectively determine that a reasonable person would have acted the same, and would not have had the time to cool down, and subjectively, your suspect also did not in fact cool down.

Not applicable where you have solicitation.

IMO, the cinnamon buns on the stovetop/kitchen counter show that
KB had not left for a trip to see her family. Most people would not leave food out and leave on a 4-day trip, especially living in a wooded area. You'd be inviting mice, rats or roaches.

I'm just thinking out loud here.....so PF ses to KK, You come for Thanksgiving. Then x happens (did she even know?), and you (KK) leave, taking this phone with you that I want you to turn on in Gooding. And then pitch it.

All while riding in an Uber? (I'm still having a hard time figuring out the Uber connection)

How is this not conspiracy? Even if KK didn't know why the phone was given to her. Like as if PF said, I can't tell you, if I tell you, I'd have to kill you.

This plot. Too thick.

Can we discuss KK’s mode of transportation to CO? Anyone know if msm has covered yet?

Regarding the size of his forge: One of the news articles posted within the last couple of days showed a photo of him and his portable forge. It was about the size of a typical mop bucket. It was on wheels.
Are you sure that wasn't his tool caddy? I saw one where he was
trimming a donkey and his tool caddy was next to him. that's
just a thing with a couple shelves on wheels to hold his tools.

Reporting suspected abuse or neglect is required by nurses- for any age. I'm a nurse ;)
In another life, same here.
Nurses and Mandatory Reporting Laws | CPH & Associates
"Nurses are listed in most, if not all, mandatory reporting statutes. Statutes include child abuse and neglect reporting statutes, medical neglect of children and the elderly, elder abuse in the community or in nursing homes reporting laws, and domestic violence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela