CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right. With one exception. There was zero evidence that NK was in any way involved in any pre or post murder assistance to CW. There apparently may be proof here.

So the two cannot be compared.

Otherwise, yeah. Smart thinking that if she can claim she had no idea what it was all about, she wasn't an accessory.

Is it too soon to assume the relationship KK & PF enjoyed is now finito?

Moo

If KK was going to send texts on a missing woman's home, she wouldn't send them 35 miles from her house. No way. She would have sent them far, far away from her house.

I think the texts were preprogrammed and KK was either set up to take the blame for Kelsey's disappearance or Patrick was too stupid to calculate how long it took for KK to drive back to her home.

I’m just not sure that they were tech savvy enough. I mean I am pretty “with it” and I didn’t know this was possible to do.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong- just that’s the hang up in my mind.

If KK was going to send texts on a missing woman's home, she wouldn't send them 35 miles from her house. No way. She would have sent them far, far away from her house.

I think the texts were preprogrammed and KK was either set up to take the blame for Kelsey's disappearance or Patrick was too stupid to calculate how long it took for KK to drive back to her home.
What makes the most sense to me is that PF sent the texts from CO and told KK something like, "I need you to get rid of this phone for me, no questions, k?" KK takes the phone to ID but gets nosy...turns the phone on...

It's usually the simplest explanation, IMO.

The more I am thinking about it, the more it seems to me that someone intentionally made this case complicated, by introducing some random people. Give or take, I can't imagine that a normal young person with a job, a family of good standing and kids would risk it all by being accessory to the crime. But the presence of such a person, whose only fault might have been sending these text, is very interesting.

It is true that PF might have needed help with cleaning, disposal of the body and tying loose ends.

But am I the only one who is beginning to think that "Idaho trace" might have been an intentional red herring, and while we all are counting the hours to get to ID from CO, someone, way more implicated, might have taken off in a totally opposite direction?

The reason I have this feeling is because the case is becoming oddly complicated, almost farcically so. Here is the case with a very weak motive, a strange alibi, no body, no known mode of death (all we know it was violent), and the suspect who seems to have taken the vow of silence.

(Lastly - if some phones can indeed send preset texts when they are switched on, PF could have merely given IN a cellphone, saying mysteriously, "promise not to switch it on before you get home". She may have expected some pleasant surprise, like "I love you" or something equally romantic popping up on the home screen. Who knows?)

Last edited:
Are the news outlets using older photos of KK as well as newer, or are there 2 different women they’re claiming to be this woman? There are pictures of a thinner blonde lady & then pictures of a much heavier woman who also has blonde hair? I can’t tell if she just gained a lot of weight or they are using 2 different women’s photos?

I don't see any similarities in the psychological makeup of PF to CW, who admitted guilt to his wife's murder and also the disposal of the bodies prior to his arrest.

I think PF is an arrogant narcissist who has been enabled all of his life and he'll claim innocence until his last appeal is exhausted. JMO

Yeah. Very different. One was ruthless enough to smother his own, precious babies to death so he could be with another woman without criticism.

Nobody at my place of business would do that. We *might* send an email for a sick day.
When I was still working a few years ago, at my place of employment we actually did send texts for calling in sick. My husband is also currently over several people in his business and it is very common for them to text if they call in or are going to be late. Most of these people are around KBs age. It’s mainly how they comminucate when they are not in front of each.
However, in both of those cases, if anyone were to casually send a text saying they won’t be in for a week, there would definitely be some phone calls quickly made to find out what is going on, if everything is okay , or anyone is needing help of some kind.

Last edited:
I’m going with Pat: Pursuit of Power (Control)

Edited to changed Pete to Pat. Sorry, I was watching Sneaky Pete last night. Lol
Those are mostly general, generic reasons. I would like to see more specific answers such as: having an affair, collect life insurance, get out of a messy divorce, etc. What category does driveby shootings fall under? Not sure of PK's motive yet.

I just looked up the time frame on results of DNA testing in different States. No forensic crime lab in CO? Unless I missed it? Nearest would be ID and the turnaround time is 45-60 days. I'm guessing they would have used ID as WA has a much longer wait for results.
Interesting. Any thoughts?
FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES

They could have it sent to quantico and get it back much faster.

Those are mostly general, generic reasons. I would like to see more specific answers such as: having an affair, collect life insurance, get out of a messy divorce, etc. What category does driveby shootings fall under? Not sure of PK's motive yet.
I’m not sure that we’re going to get a “motive” that is neatly wrapped up with a bow in this case.

But we will definitely learn more. Eventually.

The more I am thinking about it, the more it seems to me that someone intentionally made this case complicated, by introducing some random people. Give or take, I can't imagine that a normal young person with a job, a family of good standing and kids would risk it all by being accessory to the crime. But the presence of such a person, whose only fault might have been sending these text, is very interesting.

It is true that PF might have needed help with cleaning, disposal of the body and tying loose ends.

But am I the only one who is beginning to think that "Idaho trace" might have been an intentional red herring, and while we all are counting the hours to get to ID from CO, someone, way more implicated, might have taken off in a totally opposite direction?

The reason I have this feeling is because the case is becoming oddly complicated, almost farcically so. Here is the case with a very weak motive, an strange alibi, no body, no known mode of death (all we know it was violent), and the suspect who seems to have taken a vow of silence.

(Lastly - if some phones can indeed send preset texts when the phone is switched on, PF could have merely given IN a cellphone, saying mysteriously, "promise not to switch it on before you get home". She may have expected some pleasant surprise, like "I love you" or something equally romantic popping up on the home screen. Who knows?)

I'm not convinced that it is all that complicated. PF went to Kelsey's house on Thanksgiving, murdered Kelsey and took the child. Three days later, Kelsey's phone was with a woman (nurse) known to PF. She lives in Idaho, and text messages were sent from Kelsey's phone to her boss and PF from Idaho. Police are investigating her involvement in Kelsey's disappearance.

The only real connection between PF and Kelsey is their child, so motive somehow relates to their child.

Is it really any more complicated than that?

Regarding the body, many times when a man murders his wife or girlfriend the body is difficult to locate. It's usually during some sort of plea deal that the really hard to find bodies are found. In other cases, the body surfaces years later.

I'm not convinced that it is all that complicated. PF went to Kelsey's house on Thanksgiving, murdered Kelsey and took the child. Three days later, Kelsey's phone was with a woman (nurse) known to PF. She lives in Idaho, and text messages were sent from Kelsey's phone to her boss and PF from Idaho. Police are investigating her involvement in Kelsey's disappearance.

The only real connection between PF and Kelsey is their child, so motive somehow relates to their child.

Regarding the body, many times when a man murders his wife or girlfriend the body is difficult to locate. It's usually during some sort of plea deal that the really hard to find bodies are found. In other cases, the body surfaces years later.
I don't think we know if the texts were sent from ID or CO, just that the phone pinged from ID. Maybe I missed it? If someone has a quote from LE that says the texts were sent from ID, please share.
MOO

I wish there was a reliable timeline on the relationships, when exactly they became serious, at least for KK and KB. We know KB moved to CO in 2016 after only "knowing" him for 3 months, with him helping her with the move. Three months later KB is expecting. We know KK was divorced in 2016.
Any other verifiable details?

Is it possible KB anticipated DOSS would hire her so she started meeting online “friends” in CO? So she would not move (alone), knowing no one? Then, things advanced, thru online communications?
Something makes me think the hiring process @ DOSS is lengthy. Moo

This is because whatever the motive, it did not justify killing KB. Someone, PF, definitely, but maybe someone else, has an odd way of thinking.

Are the news outlets using older photos of KK as well as newer, or are there 2 different women they’re claiming to be this woman? There are pictures of a thinner blonde lady & then pictures of a much heavier woman who also has blonde hair? I can’t tell if she just gained a lot of weight or they are using 2 different women’s photos?

IMO, the rodeo queen images are the older pics, younger version of KK.

Last edited:

Yeah. I truly believe the motive in this case was the baby. Possession of the baby. People go insane it seems over things like that.

And my feeling is that PF is a person who likes control and likely has dysfunctional attitudes about the parent-child relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela