CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think the crime scene required, a great deal of cleaning, as LE must have evidence, that Kelsey was murdered in the home.
MOO.

Not necessarily. Someone may have told LE she was killed in her home. We don’t know everyone LE has interviewed.
Someone needed to bring a lot of trash out of the duplex, IMO, if much cleaning went on.

Trying again because the thread is moving so quickly. Granny posted back a few pages that the vehicle at the sonic was NOT KK's. Was that a misprint in her post, was there some question about whether it was KK or has it been confirmed now that it was KK?

How would we know what vehicle KK drives?

I don;t think Idaho DMV vehicle registration records are publicly available.

Or are we mixing up the vehicles seen on the Nov 24 Sonic video and the one photographed today, Jan 6 in the driveway of KB's townhouse?

I also don't see anything to suggest the vehicle in the Sonic video belonged to PF, either

Last edited:
There wouldn’t be clear forensic evidence left from that, certainly nothing that would have proven that she was killed in that house.

Strangulation doesn’t leave behind a great deal of forensic evidence, and forensic evidence is the most likely reason that they were able to say that Kelsey is dead, and she was killed in her home.

So two things are possible.

She wasn’t strangled.

Her body was dismembered.

I’m leaning towards the former, and think her death was bloody.

Dismembered and disposed of is what I'm thinking too. There's a reason there is no search for a body :(

I’m trying to keep up with all the threads, so I don’t think this has been mentioned. PF is charged with 3 counts of having “unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit murder in the first-degree.” How do we know the 3 counts aren’t for soliciting 1 person to murder 3 people. If PF really wanted his child, then maybe he was wanting to kill off KB, her mom, and her brother...leaving custody solely to him (provided he didn’t get caught). Or maybe he wanted KB, child, and his mom out of the way. This would free him from a family and he would inherit the ranch...free to live happily ever after with someone else. He’d be dumb as a box of rocks to think he’d get away with it, but he seems like he’s not too bright anyway.

Reactions: kai
I now think that photo of the car at the Sonic drive-thru would be more like 8am (in late November) due to the long shadow. I don't think 11am is realistic.

It’s so hard to know. If cars were behind her, would that change the shadow? I would think so.

That is a horrific case. And to think there are people who feel that in this case, a professional and a mother wouldn't kill another mom. Here's a mother killing her own grown son and burying his body with sheep's heads after digging it up thinking wild animals could get to it.

Appalling and inhuman.
I guess what keeps me tied to her not being involved to that degree (the actual murder), is that she isn't behind bars yet.

I’m trying to keep up with all the threads, so I don’t think this has been mentioned. PF is charged with 3 counts of having “unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit murder in the first-degree.” How do we know the 3 counts aren’t for soliciting 1 person to murder 3 people. If PF really wanted his child, then maybe he was wanting to kill off KB, her mom, and her brother...leaving custody solely to him (provided he didn’t get caught). Or maybe he wanted KB, child, and his mom out of the way. This would free him from a family and he would inherit the ranch...free to live happily ever after with someone else. He’d be dumb as a box of rocks to think he’d get away with it, but he seems like he’s not too bright anyway.
Because he has only been charged with one murder, relating to one victim.

The solicitation charges are related to this particular killing.

The number of people affected by a murder like this is astonishing when you start to think through it, which of course the killer(s) never think things through.

From his own mother possibly never getting to see his son again to the neighbors and next owners of her place having to live with the fact that a murder or abduction may have taken place there. And of course the main people affected are KB and all her family and friends.

It begins to add up quickly the number of people affected by a crime like this.
I don’t think the typical murderer is overly concerned with anyone’s feeling or circumstances outside of their own. :(

Even if an attempt was made to destroy her body, there is always something left behind.

I just think LE hasn’t honed in on an area yet.

Agreed. And it'll be interesting to learn just what "articles" are being processed in to evidence in Idaho. I feel that it's not just the purse and phone but possibly the weapon used, itself.

Dismembered and disposed of is what I'm thinking too. There's a reason there is no search for a body :(

I, sadly, share your suspicions.

I think a large part of PF's planning was spent on how to get rid of KB's body and I think its very likely there isn't a body left. A farrier uses a forge, and he has access to properties where animal carcasses are incinerated, etc.

I'm horrified to think about this but I do think this would fit with what LE is contending is a lot of planning and solicitation of assistance in this murder.

Keepers was charged with being an accessory to first degree murder (before), and not an accessory after the fact.

There is a huge difference there, as she actually helped with the murder itself.

Right now, it appears that KK only helped cover it up.
Keepers was convicted of accessory before the fact and concealment of a dead body. She was sentenced 40 years for the accessory and 5 years for the concealment that would be suspended after the accessory term was served.

It’s so hard to know. If cars were behind her, would that change the shadow? I would think so.

If another car was behind the one in question, the behind car would block our view of the shadow of the ahead car. But there was no car behind, and the shadow was visible on the ground, if I recall. Will have to go back and look again.

Exactly. Burning doesn’t destroy all parts. (Sorry)
Mexican carrels are notorious for their body disposal methods. They frequently use both acid and fire in order to destroy remains.

Despite this, forensic experts have had great success in identifying these bodies through DNA analysis.

I don’t believe they’ve located Kelsey’s body, intact or otherwise.

Even with all the time it appears to be taking LE to act ie arrest or plea deal. We would know if that happened, I think. It's just making me wonder because this has been going on since before christmas- re the police talking to her. Do you think they are just investigating all the leads to make sure they know everything and don't make a mistake in the type of deal they offer her? But if that were the case why is she talking before she gets a deal? What are your thoughts as attorney @riolove77

She could’ve been told they would recommend lesser charges to the DA. They can never guarantee anything and we’re the ones who file the formal ones. It does seem to have been taking some time though, if she’s been talking since before Christmas. Hopefully we’ll know more soon but I’m not holding my breath either.

I, sadly, share your suspicions.

I think a large part of PF's planning was spent on how to get rid of KB's body and I think its very likely there isn't a body left. A farrier uses a forge, and he has access to properties where animal carcasses are incinerated, etc.

I'm horrified to think about this but I do think this would fit with what LE is contending is a lot of planning and solicitation of assistance in this murder.

My thoughts exactly. And her parents know this I bet too, sadly. There's no body to bury :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela