CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting points.

One question though: isn't Idaho also pretty country and cowboy? Is that where KB was from?

Yes it is. But she went on to some level of college and became a flight instructor. It seems that she went a different way than the country life. And we never saw images of her in a cowboy hat or anything related to that lifestyle.

My point was that she probably didn't fit in very well in Woodland Park. I certainly don't know, but she didn't seem to have any close friends there.

Nobody checked on her locally. This is odd, but I think it is explainable.

Because the phone was potentially taken across state lines, would this mean federal charges? And if so, would this change how soon charges would be announced publicly?

I don’t think it even has anything to do with federal jurisdiction. State prosecutors and LE have the same bargaining power when it comes to recommendations for reduction of charges in exchange for information.

Wouldn’t the neighbors miss her after Thanksgiving weekend though? Both cars were there and not moved the whole week after. At least I’m assuming they weren’t driven by anyone else

I would never notice until afterwards, then I would be like- thats right her cars didn't move. Or if I did I would think she had gone on a plane somewhere and ubered it to the airport.

Was that the implication though, that this just happened today?

I can’t imagine that this didn’t happen earlier, and this reporter is only now learning the details.

I think it’s entirely possible that there is (atleast) a third person involved here, one who is also cooperating.

I’m not convinced that KK is also the same individual who was solicited, although I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Yup. ITA. IMO, the third person is a male friend of PF’s.
A gut feeling tells me he’s in deep & when this all breaks, he’s in some big trouble.
Idk about CO, but in my state, a person can be booked in the county jail for a petty charge & other charges added, later. And, my county is also known to have the subject arrested in a dif/neighboring county, held in arresting county, etc. inquiring minds have to do a lot of searching to find jail info.
I’m sure CO is the same. If they arrested John Doe for dui, have him in jail & learn he robbed 7/11, they add charges. Simple.

Last edited:
Well, This is my thinking. You have two women, both involved with the same man. We don’t know what really happened, but it’s not a stretch for me to think PF didn’t want to live with either. IF, again speculation, KK thought the only thing standing between her and PF was KB, she may have wanted her out of the picture. We don’t know what was going on but truthfully what was PFs motive? Child support? Maybe KK was talking to him putting ideas in his head. He doesn’t strike me as highly motivated in life. Would child support be the motive? He would have probably let mom pay that as well as pay for a roof over his head. JMO opinion.

I think PF was quite the charming liar to these women. There is no way KB intended to live with his mother and no way he could afford to live elsewhere with KB. Her parents wisely didn't put him on the deed and I think that is why he decided to exact revenge by taking both KB and the baby from them. His goal was to punish them.

Bravo to her parents for filing the wrongful death lawsuit! JMO

I'm not clear on what that tweet is saying? At first I thought the photo meant the police were at her hospital right now asking for her time cards but the photo is not outside the hospital where she worked. And the statements in the tweet that on their face seemed to be "new info" have question marks after them. o_O:confused:

ETA: Here is the hospital building: Google Maps

ETA2: Tweeted photo of police cars appears to be outside the Twin Falls Courthouse or Sheriff's office building: Google Maps

I was wondering about the question marks also.

Yes it is. But she went on to some level of college and became a flight instructor. It seems that she went a different way than the country life. And we never saw images of her in a cowboy hat or anything related to that lifestyle.

My point was that she probably didn't fit in very well in Woodland Park. I certainly don't know, but she didn't seem to have any close friends there.

Nobody checked on her locally. This is odd, but I think it is explainable.
I wonder if she never was outside at her duplex. Maybe after work she’d swing by her local store for a snack or some food & go in her house, never meeting anyone. In some ‘hoods there’s a lot of activity with kids roller blading, biking, walking, moms with strollers, etc., maybe her ‘hood is not the same.
As small as her duplex is, I can’t imagine staying inside. That’s just me, though.

But with everyone? I feel really sad if she had no one looking for her. I don’t have any relatives in state, but they would contact my apartment office after more than 24 hrs if they could not get a reply out of me.

In fact tomorrow I plan to ask the apt mgr about a young woman here...I have not seen her in weeks, or her pets, and notices keep piling up on her door, one atop the last. Yet her nice patio furniture is all there. I noticed within days that she seemed to be gone, as I saw her with her big dog every day...and it keeps bugging me.
Everyone needs a neighbor like you!

IMO, if KK is involved, she wanted K dead as much as a PF. If not, I think she could have easily talked him out killing her. This is IF she is a party he solicited. If they’ve been friends for a few years & had some type of relationship, it stands to reason he likes her & would listen to her advice. Jmo
I obviously don’t know what happened here.
I’m not 100% sure someone has not set someone else up.

I’m still going with my theory someone watched KB exit SafeWay, called someone (that got in her home as soon as she left) & that person killed her as soon as she returned. I also think PF might have called KB and asked her to go to SW to pick up something he wanted so a person could get in her house. If so, LE knows from cell records. I see two + PF to pull this off. MOO

I agree with the theory on how it happened but my version has just two people to pull it off. I think PF was the one in her house because he couldn't find anyone to do it. Maybe he pulled KK into it after the fact and said it was an accident or fit of rage or she started it- lots of crying and he got help cleaning up and disposing of the cell. Or maybe she had more limited involvement. We will find out but i do believe Safeway was a set up for PF waiting to get her at home. Weird time of the day to do it though.. Might still be missing something here.

I think PF was quite the charming liar to these women. There is no way KB intended to live with his mother and no way he could afford to live elsewhere with KB. Her parents wisely didn't put him on the deed and I think that is why he decided to exact revenge by taking both KB and the baby from them. His goal was to punish them.

Bravo to her parents for filing the wrongful death lawsuit! JMO

Do you think KB made more income than PF?
I do not. I think he should have easily tripled if not quadrupled her salary. In half the hours. Jmo

I'm not clear on what that tweet is saying? At first I thought the photo meant the police were at her hospital right now asking for her time cards but the photo is not outside the hospital where she worked. And the statements in the tweet that on their face seemed to be "new info" have question marks after them. o_O:confused:

ETA: Here is the hospital building: Google Maps

ETA2: Tweeted photo of police cars appears to be outside the Twin Falls Courthouse or Sheriff's office building: Google Maps
I agree. When were reporters allowed to use a question mark at the end of a declarative sentence? They are not supposed to write their own conjectures and then hide behind a punctuation mark. Sigh. (Thanks DM). IMO.

It is a long time.

So who does it bring suspicion upon?

Her family, friends, DOSS, and PF.

I rule out family and DOSS in any involvement. Obviously. We have not heard of friends in Woodland Park. I think KB was more isolated than we would like to think a successful professional woman would be. She was in cowboy country, and had a child and didn't really fit in there as far as I can tell.

It seems to be an odd situation where the texts on the 25th did what they were supposed to. This is surprising, but I think that is all there is to it- it worked. I don't believe at any point, PF thought he had more than a day or two to complete his coverup.

My point is that I don't think of 11 days as a time to coverup for a crime of murder, I think a day or two at most. PF had no way to know how much time he had.
Interesting points.

One question though: isn't Idaho also pretty country and cowboy? Is that where KB was from?

KB grew up on a farm in Warden, Washington. Her parents are retired hay farmers who moved to the Sandpoint Idaho area after they retired. I think it was her uncle who said that KB grew up watching the crop dusting planes over her family's farmland and wanted to learn to fly because of that. Her cousin described KB as a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. I think KB may have fit in to the country life just fine. But she is also described a shy or reserved person with a few close friends. If she was not connected in PF's circle of friends with any mutual friends prior to their meeting, then PF could have found it easy to isolate KB and control who she meets/what she learns about him. Throw in a full time job and a baby and it is not hard to see why she would not know very many people in the Woodland Park area. MOO.

I agree with the theory on how it happened but my version has just two people to pull it off. I think PF was the one in her house because he couldn't find anyone to do it. Maybe he pulled KK into it after the fact and said it was an accident or fit of rage or she started it- lots of crying and he got help cleaning up and disposing of the cell. Or maybe she had more limited involvement. We will find out but i do believe Safeway was a set up for PF waiting to get her at home. Weird time of the day to do it though.. Might still be missing something here.

Does the language in the civvie has any bearing on the criminal case. @riolove77 can maybe answer. Is it normal that it reads “.......murder and/or collaboration to murder”.
Anyway, it got me thinking.....did someone else do the dirty work. Then P arrives, grabs the kid, drops her off to Ma F, slips back out to do “chores”, meets up with his friends & plan disposal/clean up.
I’m considering, if a third party (male friend) is involved, was he supposed to take a vehicle but changed his mind?
It makes no sense to wish to convince the world she ran away without her car.
Parking perpendicular, imo, would make it easy for someone to get in the truck w/o being seen so easily. One could kinda hide between her vehicles. Jmo

Everyone needs a neighbor like you!

Well really...I feel I should have asked before now. But I don’t like her really, lol. She lets her two cats out, which is against rules, and they were lolling in the middle of the sidewalk one day and she told me to keep my little dog away from them. And her dog, a huge Labrodoodle, leaps onto my chest and almost knocks me with my cane over and she laughs...maybe that’s why I have not said anything sooner come to think of it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela