CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all only 34 crime labs reported out of 50 states, for those thinking CO doesnt have a crime lab. Secondly, unless the labs have DNA analysts falling over each other, OR the evidence has been fast tracked out of necessity, I don't see most labs being able to turn around DNA evidence under 30-90 (and sometimes longer) days. And thirdly, while the FBI is primo, so are their cases and sometimes we just forget that. Depending what state the evidence was found, who found it, is where it would most likely be examined. In the cases of states having separate investigating units, I have NO clue if their division does the forensic testing or it goes to a state lab as my state has no individual investigative unit like CBI.
Therefore....MOO, MOO and IMHO
Does anyone know if a DNA request in a missing persons case would take priority and be fast-tracked?

I agree. When were reporters allowed to use a question mark at the end of a declarative sentence? They are not supposed to write their own conjectures and then hide behind a punctuation mark. Sigh. (Thanks DM). IMO.

I've come to expect that from DM, but it was a Denver local station KDVR reporter. :rolleyes:

Well really...I feel I should have asked before now. But I don’t like her really, lol. She lets her two cats out, which is against rules, and they were lolling in the middle of the sidewalk one day and she told me to keep my little dog away from them. And her dog, a huge Labrodoodle, leaps onto my chest and almost knocks me with my cane over and she laughs...maybe that’s why I have not said anything sooner come to think of it lol.
Wow! She does not sound like a nice person...especially letting her dog jump on you. I so sorry.

I’m not surprised the neighbors or other locals didn’t report KB missing. I’m KBs age and while I don’t have a child, my whole life consists of my career and when I get home, that’s my sanctuary. I don’t really know anyone around, save for a couple people at the dog park, and I think they would assume I was busy at work or on a short trip if I didn’t show up with my dog for a week. No one knows me well enough to be concerned.

Now, my phone and social media use is a different story. Within 24 hours someone would sound the alarm, likely lots of someone(s). So that part is different, unless KB has virtually no online presence either, and maybe text a couple of close friends every several days or so.

I guess as odd as it seems, it’s really not beyond the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
KB grew up on a farm in Warden, Washington. Her parents are retired hay farmers who moved to the Sandpoint Idaho area after they retired. I think it was her uncle who said that KB grew up watching the crop dusting planes over her family's farmland and wanted to learn to fly because of that. Her cousin described KB as a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. I think KB may have fit in to the country life just fine. But she is also described a shy or reserved person with a few close friends. If she was not connected in PF's circle of friends with any mutual friends prior to their meeting, then PF could have found it easy to isolate KB and control who she meets/what she learns about him. Throw in a full time job and a baby and it is not hard to see why she would not know very many people in the Woodland Park area. MOO.

This is why I think KB reached out, online, when she first anticipated working for DOSS. I think she may have been looking for friends. Not love, necessarily. Idk if she used a dating site or FB or what. Idk that she did not meet PF thru some FB group or something. I’ve read here it was a Christian dating site. I don’t believe PF was trolling faith based dating sites. If he wanted a date, he only had to go to a rodeo. Moo

Does the language in the civvie has any bearing on the criminal case. @riolove77 can maybe answer. Is it normal that it reads “.......murder and/or collaboration to murder”.
Anyway, it got me thinking.....did someone else do the dirty work. Then P arrives, grabs the kid, drops her off to Ma F, slips back out to do “chores”, meets up with his friends & plan disposal/clean up.
I’m considering, if a third party (male friend) is involved, was he supposed to take a vehicle but changed his mind?
It makes no sense to wish to convince the world she ran away without her car.
Parking perpendicular, imo, would make it easy for someone to get in the truck w/o being seen so easily. One could kinda hide between her vehicles. Jmo

I am truly bewildered by the car thing. As we saw, it did not work well for CW. However, I can logically assume he was more worried of where and how it would be found, and the risks involved in trying to move it, than he was about just leaving and it basically shrugging it off. “How should I know? We broke up. I took the kid but idk who she took off with.”

The language of that civil charge is likely due to the fact that we’ve seen solicitation charges and might see some upgrades to conspiracy. Does not mean PF himself didn’t do it, even if others were involved in the actual murder. Conspiracy to commit murder would mean he and at least one other collaborated on the plan together.

I’m not surprised the neighbors or other locals didn’t report KB missing. I’m KBs age and while I don’t have a child, my whole life consists of my career and when I get home, that’s my sanctuary. I don’t really know anyone around, save for a couple people at the dog park, and I think they would assume I was busy at work or on a short trip if I didn’t show up with my dog for a week. No one knows me well enough to be concerned.

Now, my phone and social media use is a different story. Within 24 hours someone would sound the alarm, likely lots of someone(s). So that part is different, unless KB has virtually no online presence either, and maybe text a couple of close friends every several days or so.

I guess as odd as it seems, it’s realky not behind the realm of possibility.

I wonder if she had a lot of work to do from home? I would not think so. In your position, it likely never ends. Moo
Plus, you have to answer our questions. Lol

I guess as odd as it seems, it’s realky not behind the realm of possibility.

I agree, except for family...my sisters are both in a different state but monitor my existence...at least within 48 hrs if not sooner, they would report. My local friends might go a few days longer, but not relatives. But none as long as this case...

But do we know if he really was supposed to have the baby that weekend? He's the one who said he last saw KB when he went to pick up Baby K, but it could be KB had never agreed to handing her over that day or for the holiday weekend.
We don't know. Probably never will. I think that was just his way of explaining why his truck was there and to remoe the baby from the surroundings.

This is why I think KB reached out, online, when she first anticipated working for DOSS. I think she may have been looking for friends. Not love, necessarily. Idk if she used a dating site or FB or what. Idk that she did not meet PF thru some FB group or something. I’ve read here it was a Christian dating site. I don’t believe PF was trolling faith based dating sites. If he wanted a date, he only had to go to a rodeo. Moo

It's possible she had some mutual connection to him online. I think the dating site ideas were only speculation. But she did not move to CO to work at Doss Aviation. Before she worked for Doss she worked for Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO-- That was in 2016. Florissant is still pretty far from Peyton though if she was looking for friends near her job. I think she met PF and then looked for a flight instructor job near him. Looking at the map it makes sense she rented in Woodland Park to be midway between her job and her boyfriend PF: Google Maps

MOO.

Last edited:
I wonder if she had a lot of work to do from home? I would not think so. In your position, it likely never ends. Moo
Plus, you have to answer our questions. Lol

Hahaha excellent point. No I think what I meant was that when she gets home, she maybe doesn’t want to socialize. I guess I should be speaking in past tense. Maybe she just wanted to spend whatever precious hours were left of the day with baby K. She prob would feed her, read to her, give her a bath, and that would likely be the end of the evening. So I’m not surprised that she didn’t know many people around in her neighborhood.

I was wondering about the question marks also.
i get the feeling that for some of these reporters they themselves are actually more important than the story they are reporting. it's like they have "so many" followers to keep transfixed that they need to send updates to whatever platform even when there is no new information. this particular dude probably got [will get] a couple hundred or more hits to his post/tweet/whatever than he ever would have do to the links posted where ever and to him that is somewhat important or he would not generate these relatively meaningless posts/tweets/whatever. self promotion is an important part of a media personality and to further a following.

I would think, as KK knew about KB, she would just walk away, not be interested in 'getting rid' of KB.
If PF was hesitant in being with KK, any actions by KK against KB, are useless.
Surely a woman doesn't require to fight, to be with her beau.
A competition isn't required.

Perhaps KK, has only had a minor role here, in helping PF, regarding the phone, and she accepted a plausible explanation.
MOO.

Sadly, women fight all the time to be with a man. Now it usually doesn’t end in murder but a woman is more likely to kill over or for a love interest than other motives. MOO

It's possible she had some mutual connection to him online. I thinkt he dating site ideas were only speculation. But she did NOT move to CO to work at Doss Aviation. Before she worked for Doss she worked for Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO-- That was in 2016. Florissant is still pretty far from Peyton though if she was looking for friends near her job. I think she met PF and then looked for a flight instructor job near him. Looking at the map it makes sense she rented in Woodland Park to be midway between her job and her boyfriend PF: Google Maps

MOO.
But, how long is the hiring process for DOSS? Was she submitting her resume, going for interviews, anticipating they would hire her. Thanks for reminding me about Springs, that had slipped my mind.

I haven't seen the Sonic video topic in any MSM- has that been ruled out a hoax? I may be late to the party- haven't followed for several hours.

Does the language in the civvie has any bearing on the criminal case. @riolove77 can maybe answer. Is it normal that it reads “.......murder and/or collaboration to murder”.
Anyway, it got me thinking.....did someone else do the dirty work. Then P arrives, grabs the kid, drops her off to Ma F, slips back out to do “chores”, meets up with his friends & plan disposal/clean up.
I’m considering, if a third party (male friend) is involved, was he supposed to take a vehicle but changed his mind?
It makes no sense to wish to convince the world she ran away without her car.
Parking perpendicular, imo, would make it easy for someone to get in the truck w/o being seen so easily. One could kinda hide between her vehicles. Jmo

I think the wording in the civil trial is meant to cover every possibility- just like we are speculating on, since the level of evidence doesn't need to be as high as in the criminal case. At least that is what i gathered from the attorneys here.

The car thing, i never understand it. TBH it happens all the time in spousal murder cases. I can list off a bunch for you but the one I was involved in- set up to look like the other woman murdered the wife but for some reason didn't take her car across the city to the house. no direct transit routes. It made no sense. Another one Sharon Osborne and son. Cars left behind. husband said she left. Without a car? Oh, she got in the car with some guy (love interest noone knows) and the teen son and never came back. So why do they consistently do this? I think because the details become too much. All they can really think about is killing this person and getting them out of their lives. They cover some details but if they are too hard to execute they think, they can't prove anything because she didn't take the car. they are going to be looking at me anyway, thats just an improveable extraneous thing. Honestly, that's all i can think of for why they do it in many cases. Its so dumb and illogical but then so is murder, why wouldn't we expect the details to be the same...

I haven't seen the Sonic video topic in any MSM- has that been ruled out a hoax? I may be late to the party- haven't followed for several hours.

I think it was a mistake. i think we will end up finding some of that info is correct ie at sonic and the date but I think it wasn't well researched by the reporter and they didn't have everything well sourced mainly the actual video that they used. It has disappeared from MSM so that is suspect. Maybe it will come back once they have it more validated and doubtful they will have a video until after the trial or plea.

If KK was not involved in the act & not solicited, is it possible LE, thru investigative procedures found a contact person. A person we are unaware of, that did assist PF?
It wouldn’t be difficult to find friends & acquaintances, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela