CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. She believed they were engaged. She believed that they were not yet living together because the price of cattle was low. She told her mother that she and her daughter were having Thanksgiving dinner with PF. She has no known history of deception.
I think so too. Very early on, maybe thread 1 or 2 - someone posted about a love triangle - I believe this to be the case. Although I am not sure we know all of the players yet...

Until this case, I had never heard the term "farrier." My Southern family called someone who shoed our horses and pony a "blacksmith." CBS News has been the only one to refer to PF as being a Blacksmith. Nothing earthshattering. Maybe it's regional.

Actually, a blacksmith is not a farrier.
What is the difference between farrier and blacksmith?

PF has been referred to both, I THINK.
One might be a blacksmith but never touch a horse.
A farrier generally goes to farrier school, imo.

I agree. It's like those who still feel PF and KB weren't engaged and they feel KB lied to her family because of the religious aspect, it would look bad if they weren't engaged. Fact is, she had a baby and that would appear far worse than not being engaged. In other words, why lie about an engagement to look good when you're walking around every day with a baby out of wedlock? But at the end of the day KB told the same relationship status, engaged. While PF told some they had broken up that day, others he told they had broken up in January and through his attorney he said the relationship was fine.
Who's the liar all along? Who has made inconsistent statements?
IMO PF talks out of both sides of his mouth. So if what KB told anyone would not be her lying, but her being tricked,decieved,and strung along, by PF, and co.
Remember someone from DOSS said she talked often about Pf?
I really believe there is more than PF,and IN, involved in this. They are fools to think LE isn't coming for them. They might seriously consider coming forward sooner rather than later. It might make a difference in how hard they go down.
LE Made it perfectly clear in there Pressers, that more arrest are possible. So these players have been put on notice.
Moo.

rodeo queen left her husband around the time PK became involved with Kelsey ------
she was married and had 2 babies -- maybe PK could not or would not commit to IN ----
so she married -- but if there was more than just an affair with PK as in true love , ---- that could be the reason for her divorce -- when PK became involved with Kelsey , ----
IN may have made a decision that if PK was going to commit to anyone , it would be her --
NOT saying she was involved in Kelsey's demise -- she had to know that PK wanted Kelsey to be
out of the picture -- but to go as far as to help plan or participate in a murder ?? JMO

JUST SO TERRIBLY TRAGIC AND SAD -- IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY ---
--------- OTHER PEOPLE KNEW SOMETHING -- WHY DIDN'T THEY INTERVENE ??

KELSEY WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LADY -- GOD BLESS HER LITTLE GIRL

Just checking to see if you meant PF rather than PK? :) All these initials are so similar!

Who is PF currently able to communicate with?
Is PF able to communicate with his family at this point? If so, is the communication only allowed by telephone or can they visit as well? Also, is he in isolation or can he converse with others that are incarcerated?
He can have no contact with any witness or anyone else named in the sealed arrest affidavit, with the exception of his family.

The jail allows video visitation: https://www.tellercountysheriff.com/jail-visitation

Inmates are not able to receive incoming calls, but may place collect calls to a private number after an account is established with Securus Family and Friends.
https://www.tellercountysheriff.com/inmate-phone-and-commissary-account

The booking information doesn't indicate what kind of cell he is in.
Archonix XJail Public

Last edited:
I think so too. Very early on, maybe thread 1 or 2 - someone posted about a love triangle - I believe this to be the case. Although I am not sure we know all of the players yet...

That would not change the fact that she believed that she was engaged. She may have suspected that he was too close to another woman, but that doesn't mean that she was aware of the fact that he intended to murder rather than marry her. Isn't the wife/girlfriend the last to know when the husband/boyfriend strays?

If she had a burner phone, there may be no records. Hopefully the reports of her using her credit card at Sonic are true.
If she didn't know about PF planning KB's murder on TG, she would have no need of a burner phone. If she had one, and her legit phone isn't pinging on her was to CO, that would be suspicious, right? LE are surely trying figure out if she went to Gooding for whatever reason on her way to CO seeing it pinged there on her way home. MOO

ETA: that KB's phone pinged on IN's way home.

Last edited:
As the days go by, I have to believe that money was the motive.
PF's told friends that he and KB had split up a year ago. Baby girl didn't have his last name.

I don't believe that KB was making demands of him or issuing ultimatums. It sounds like she was doing her best to make things work for her daughter's sake.

KB buying the townhouse w/o him showed him that she really didn't need him. He would never be able to provide for KB and the baby and he knew it. Best that he stick w/ someone who knew him to be a rodeo stud (KK)
who placed zero demands on him.

He thought he could live on the proceeds from KB's insurance for their daughter + their daughter's inheritance as he would be
the person who would be providing primary care (although his mom
seemed to be the one actually watching Baby Girl).
IMO

NO -- I respectfully disagree -- there were many emotional factors at play --
resentment ? , anger ? disinterest ? control ? .. more ? ...... CHILD CUSTODY !! JMO

<modsnip: discussing moderation is not allowed>

Some members were curious about that ping in Gooding, ID. Seemed off. Out of IN's way home. Since she is being investigated, I imagine LE have HER cell logs including her journey to CO. Have they perhaps determined that she went to the Gooding area on her way to CO as well? Was there "something" or "someone" she needed to drop off or pick up?
ALL SPECULATION, naturally.

<modsnip>

Here's a tip that may of may not help, lol. When posting about KK and other people we are not supposed to be sleuthing I find it is helpful to first find and post the MSM article where something was stated. In general, we are allowed to talk about anything published by the media. If it's a detail not in MSM but easy to find out we might know it from our own research but we are not supposed to talk about it here. In this case it's a bit wild and crazy because there is so much bad media reporting. It's hard to know what is correct info. But in most cases sticking with what is in the MSM and using initials of the people named in MSM won't get you in trouble. ;)

On the subject of that Gooding, Idaho ping, I am leaving open the possibility that someone who lives in Gooding is the person who actually disposed of the phone. It may end up that KK is only a witness who knows who got rid of the phone. Either that or someone tried to set up someone in Gooding, Idaho and THAT person is now cooperating and will be a witness against the ones who tried to set them up. Either way, someone is probably talking to LE. And that is as specific as I'm going to get on my speculation on that. MOO. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They really need to take the few minutes to fact check. The problem is, once the misinformation gets out, it's hard to rope it back in.
I think in this Information Age of news spreading via Twitter, SM, MSM etc. there is an even greater race for which reporter/station can release the breaking news FIRST and FASTEST. And consumers gladly gobble the news up.

I wish the race was for MOST ACCURATE story foremost, followed by first and fastest... Wishful thinking nowadays.

I’m pretty certain it’s his. (Pbarfcattle) I can tell by who he’s following/followers crossed with his FB friends from his actual FB.

Pbarf! LOL! Surely he could have added some punctuation in there?

Here’s hoping this beautiful Monday weather brings some news and some closure for Kelsey’s family.

That would not change the fact that she believed that she was engaged. She may have suspected that he was too close to another woman, but that doesn't mean that she was aware of the fact that he intended to murder rather than marry her. Isn't the wife/girlfriend the last to know when the husband/boyfriend strays?
I agree - I believe she believed she was engaged - I believe he wiped his SM account - but I do wonder if she saw something that may have given her pause as to his loyalty to her and their relationship? IMO

How did she fool her family into thinking she was still engaged to PF when they visited in October 2018? That visit could have been around the baby's 1st birthday (Oct 2017). It's one thing to lie over the phone or omit details of where the relationship was going wrong when talking to her parents. But it would have been pretty hard for a couple with a baby to fake a "loving" relationship for her family visiting her in person. And what would be the point of that complex of a lie on KB's part? I don't find KB to be that duplicitous of a person based on everything that others have said about her personality. JMO.
I don't know. Do we know if her mother even saw PF while she was there? Did they all do something together in the way that a family would? I haven't heard much about it.
As I have said before, PF may have been able to fool her in the beginning, but as their relationship progressed I think she would have seen signs that he may not have been all that he seemed.
Her mother said she was reserved, and she focused more on the quality of her relationships. People who were not even close to him said he was cruel to animals, cheated on a girl friend while she was in the hospital, and a high school friend said " Patrick was Patrick." It doesn't sound like people thought much of him.

I just don't feel like Kelsey was the kind of person who would want to be with someone like that. She must have sensed something wasn't right. Cheating can be a pattern. There had to have been signs. I don't think a woman who sounds as independent as Kelsey would have stood for it.
Maybe she did confide in her mom that things weren't so great, and asked her mom not to talk about it with anyone. Maybe she wasn't ready to tell people yet.

I just find it hard to believe that PF was so charming and clever that KB couldn't see him for who he truly was. I get the feeling he wasn't very nice to her. Imo

Actually, a blacksmith is not a farrier.
What is the difference between farrier and blacksmith?

PF has been referred to both, I THINK.
One might be a blacksmith but never touch a horse.
A farrier generally goes to farrier school, imo.

LOL Thanks Trudie, I was going to try and explain that earlier today in the thread but felt that it was not all that important.

I know of people that call a farrier a blacksmith but actually what you posted is correct. I have a bench all made with iron that I was told came out of Oklahoma and it was made by a blacksmith. Not a farrier.
I have no way of knowing but I think PF was a farrier but again might be referred to as a blacksmith.
Does what I said make sense.....lol

PF was planning her murder for since September. If Kelsey did something that caused PF to decide to murder her, she must have done that in September. On the other hand, since she did not move, sell her home, change jobs, or file custody documents in September, it's unlikely that she did anything that caused PF to decide to murder her.
Why? Why does it have to be something Kelsey did, or didn't do?
How about PF,and Company are just flat out evil, and wanted KB gone permanently,but didn't want to hurt the baby?

Their child?

I keep saying this. The child last name is a B. We do not know the birth certificate. This is a legal position an "informal" parental sharing. Looks like KB allowed PF time with the child but legally the child was KB's. I know we like to think he has rights and he would if he was married or had a formal custody agreement or was on the birth certificate. If the child's last name is B it most likely is not. Just to add, right now the State has custody. They State will have custody until a plea or a verdict.

Here's a tip that may of may not help, lol. When posting about KK and other people we are not supposed to be sleuthing I find it is helpful to first find and post the MSM article where something was stated. In general, we are allowed to talk about anything published by the media. If it's a detail not in MSM but easy to find out we might know it from our own research but we are not supposed to talk about it here. In this case it's a bit wild and crazy because there is so much bad media reporting. It's hard to know what is correct info. But in most cases sticking with what is in the MSM and using initials of the people named in MSM won't get you in trouble. ;)

On the subject of that Gooding, Idaho ping, I am leaving open the possibility that someone who lives in Gooding is the person who actually disposed of the phone. It may end up that KK is only a witness who knows who got rid of the phone. Either that or someone tried to set up someone in Gooding, Idaho and THAT person is now cooperating and will be a witness against the ones who tried to set them up. Either way, someone is probably talking to LE. And that is as specific as I'm going to get on my speculation on that. MOO. :D
Are you saying a solicited third person gave the phone to KK? If so, that's been my theory. I think PF solicited a person to help him kill and dispose of KB, that person then sent the messages and destroyed or disposed of the phone. I've wondered if KK was in CO as people have stated, did she travel alone?

Great points about Gooding!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member