CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #27 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to listen to the video again and I don't think there is a clip yet, but the way I am reading this quote from the clip is she said "THAT Patrick" and she did know the name, also saying that was the only name she had heard him called. This doesn't mean they knew KK's name, but depending on how long she was an employee. I don't know if they could have prevented this if they had come forward sooner... so many different factors to consider .. reliability of BFF... like you said, griping about a SO...

“I think the mother that had the courage and go on TV when her daughter was missing, saying that someone knew where she was at,” Patty said. “At that point in my mind I thought that Patrick, and that was the only name I had heard him called, I didn't know his last name, had done something to her daughter and he knew where she was at.”
Video here (scroll to the bottom):
Twin Falls couple talks about providing a tip to the FBI on the Kelsey Berreth case

Question for the lawyers on this thread: @Mercedes, @gitana1, @PrairieWind, @riolove77, if any of you are here right now, I'm thinking that KK's friend's testimony wouldn't be admissible in PF's trial since it was KK who told her about the solicitation, i.e., it would be considered hearsay, is that correct?

It would be great if LE could use the friend's testimony as that would mean they might not need KK to make their case against PF.

I'm just highly dubious that the friend could testify in court re: what KK told her...at least, not in PF's trial.

Last edited:
Ohhh! I thought you meant you believe KB might still be alive. As in right now, in the present.

The person who should have gone to LE was KK

This was October and we know he was asking her more than once to murder KB.

SHE is the one that knew.

Do we expect her BFF to become a supersleuth, go through KKs phone, find PF’s number , call him or call and ask who his Baby mother is? Then call her out of the blue and tell her this story that a woman she probably doesn;t know is going to kill her?

I mean, KB might have called LE on the BFF and reported her as nuisance. All the while PF and KK would be denying it all

And it might not have changed anything.

Yeah if it was just between the two of them and no one else was any wiser until after it was done, definitely nothing was discovered until after. I think there’s a lot more coming. I really feel we know maybe 5% of the story.
BBM
Lord help us, that kind of scares me thinking what might the other 95% might hold. What a shame all the way around.:(

I think most lawyers know at least a few local LE folks, especially in such a small community. It wouldn't have been hard for this atty. to pick up the phone, or text, or email someone just to pass along the info. that he was aware of. Depending on how upset his employee was, he may, or may not, have thought it prudent, especially since KK never called or came by to talk to him about it. In hindsight, I bet he wished he had sounded at least a small alarm.
Yep I have a very close LE friend and we routinely text or call about questions that come up - great insight Bingo

Except the employee...of a law firm..to lawyer employers...was not reporting a possible traffic ticket or petty left, but rather a possible murder plot.

I agree with your point, but to me the serious nature of the issue should ( again to me) warrant greater alarm than just your average inquiry.
Isn't that hearsay though? They did ask for KK to come in and talk to them/verify the info. She didn't. Can they legitimately act on something someone told someone who told someone who reported it to them?

Not excusing them. I wish someone had been able to prevent this disgusting tragedy as well.

How could they have stepped in? In what way were they complacent? They did not even have a name, let alone the details. Imo
I think we are talking about different people.
If you are talking about the lawyer, well I'm not sure how much more detail a lawyer would need to be concerned about solicitation for murder. That's not a question you hear about every day. They could have at least checked in with their employee again later to see if there was any news from her friend. If it's the lawyer couple you are referring to.
Bottom line is all the way around, no one took enough interest to find out what was going on, if anything. And we all know the result.

Why do I get the feeling people want PF to be innocent? So far he's the only one who's been arrested. He's the one who's been charged...it is more likely he is the one who initiated everything, JMO.

I’d prefer KB didn’t die at the hands of the man she thought to be her world, if she thought that. Actually, I wish we weren’t speaking of her in the past tense.

Very well reasoned but I’m still mad sad and upset that no one did anything until after they connected the dots - I don’t care if they didn’t know names - I think the least you do is tell LE what you’ve heard IMO
They may not have connected the dots until after the crime was committed. Do we know the date that they informed LE? Maybe it was as soon as the news broke out. For all we know it may be they who led LE to KK in the first place, in which case LE would never had gotten this far in the investigation. Imo

What KK's BFF knew was that KK's 'boyfriend' or whatever asked her to kill (or help him kill) his baby momma.

And she knew that KK later told her to "forget about it".

Clearly, this is not the kind of thing you forget. However, in fairness to KK's BFF, she could have interpreted "forget about it" to mean "boyfriend was having a moment and really didn't mean it, I just took it wrong." And then later, when they all connected the dots, she was horrified to discover that he DID mean to actually kill poor KB.

We all want to believe that someone could have prevented this from happening. IMHO, KK could have. But I am not sure that the others had enough information to intervene. MOO
I understand what you're saying and certainly don't want to cast a shadow over KK's bff, but, are we to believe that the nurses at the hospital, her coworkers, knew she was seeing PF (full name) and her bff only knew him a P?

Yes ,except that murder is kind of a time sensitive issue. They could have followed up at least once for a little more clarification,,if for no other reason than to check and make sure their employee was ok.

Here is a hypothetical scenario.... A visibly upset woman tells her boss that her friend was asked to commit a murder. The boss says, wow this lady is visibly upset, maybe it's nothing, but maybe it's not nothing and I should not ignore it. Boss says have her call me. No call comes in so boss asks about it, is told oh it wasn't really anything. This doesn't sit well with the boss, since the employee had been "visibly upset" when it was first reported. So boss notifies LE and gives employee's info. LE looks talks to the employee, employee tries to minimize it, tells LE it was a joke/misunderstanding, etc. Still, LE wants to chat with the BFF if that's ok, all nicey nice like. They talk to KK, who assures them it was a joke. Even if it goes no further, KK is spooked, PF catches wind, gets spooked, and realizes he has no chance of getting away with it. Then maybe it ends without baby K losing her mama. Maybe LE even contacts KB and asks if she has any reason to fear for her safety, and SHE gets spooked and maybe doesn't let her guard down around PF anymore. Maybe a report with minimal info wouldn't have helped, but WHAT IF IT HAD???? A daughter/sister/mother/loved one is dead. Maybe speaking up could have saved her. MOO

Isn't that hearsay though? They did ask for KK to come in and talk to them/verify the info. She didn't. Can they legitimately act on something someone told someone who told someone who reported it to them?

Not excusing them. I wish someone had been able to prevent this disgusting tragedy as well.
hearsay is not admissible in court, but it is in a police station.

He literally asked her to kill Kelsey, that says that he wanted her dead.

Law enforcement doesn’t have PF in jail on a first degree murder charge, based on the words of some woman that may have helped him to commit this crime.

That would be absurd.
Right. We have a murder young mom somewhere.

I think we are talking about different people.
If you are talking about the lawyer, well I'm not sure how much more detail a lawyer would need to be concerned about solicitation for murder. That's not a question you hear about every day. They could have at least checked in with their employee again later to see if there was any news from her friend. If it's the lawyer couple you are referring to.
Bottom line is all the way around, no one took enough interest to find out what was going on, if anything. And we all know the result.
They did check in with their employee. This employee told the couple that KK had said to forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89