CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #27 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn’t be soliciting first degree murder after she was dead. Clearly his solicitations came before, so they met the criteria for the charges.
I'm sorry I was not clear. He surely solicited before the murder, but the evidence and facts for criminal solicitation charge may not have been known or discovered until after her murder.

ETA: Verbally soliciting a crime is not enough. There must be additional evidence of circumstances that show you had the specific intent to promote or facilitate that crime.

Last edited:
it means pulling back hard on the reins so you pull the bit in their mouths

I have no clue...never heard that phrase....I was raised riding English...I can’t , nor would I want to speak for the Western style of riding/training.... I will say... “to each his own”.... training animals is an individuals’s way of training... just like all of us have our own way of raising our kids....
Hi, another member knows the words, see above.

KK's response is not be response of a reasonable person. At first I thought it was possible that he hid the phone or gave her some bogus story. Now we know what was behind her taking the phone to Idaho, and so did she. A reasonable person, IMO, would have declined, notified LE, changed their phone number and possibly relocated so PF would not find them. They would never seem him again. I believe she was pretty heavily involved

Replying to the poster....I was saying KB might still be alive if one of those people who heard KK was solicited to murder had gone to LE. Yes, KB might still be alive. Instead she is dead and it seems other people had a hint of what was going to happen.

Ohhh! I thought you meant you believe KB might still be alive. As in right now, in the present.

I'm sorry I was not clear. He surely solicited before the murder, but the evidence and facts for criminal solicitation charge may not have been known or discovered until after her murder.

Yeah if it was just between the two of them and no one else was any wiser until after it was done, definitely nothing was discovered until after. I think there’s a lot more coming. I really feel we know maybe 5% of the story.

BFF of KK would SURELY know a lot more about the relationship of KK and PF.

If KK confided a solicitation of murder, wouldn’t the BFF have known the context of their relationship - hookups vs love interests vs co-workers?

Maybe she understood the relationship was hopeless and there was no real reason to think KK would take his request seriously.

She clearly felt she could confide in her employer, but if KK didn’t talk about him anymore what could BFF do?

No. To me, it sounds like it went something like this: friend went to the Rs and said “my bff told me some man asked her to kill his baby’s mother” and Mr. R was probably like ...what? And maybe friend was thinking okay R is an attorney, maybe he can give her some legal advice on what to do. This is likely when R said “tell your friend to call me” in some type of effort to give her advice and probably find out if this WAS in fact a solicitation or everyday griping about an SO.

It doesn’t sound like the Rs knew their employees friends identity, let alone the man who was asking her to commit the crime. Once they heard things, they went to LE.

And we now know that the fbi was already in Idaho digging by the time they called them. That means the phone led them there from the get go, and anything else is just icing on the cake.
Excellent scenario - our lawyers handle calls like this all the time (not solicitation for murder- will contests probate evictions etc) but don’t get into too much detail - I do wonder why there was no follow up when the friend didn’t come in or call for the free consult- I log every single inquiry we get even when it’s friend advice

No they were not. But they could have stepped in. If you think I do not blame PF that is incorrect...he is the root. But their complacency allowed his intent to become reality so I feel they are responsible as well.
MOO
How could they have stepped in? In what way were they complacent? They did not even have a name, let alone the details. Imo

Obviously this friend was not upset enough to give a crap about Kelsey's life or her baby daughter who now will go through her entire life without her beloved Mommy.
Sickening.

I dunno. She may not have known enough specifics to know his name, where he lived, who KB was, etc.

Or how seriously KK took this threat

Ohhh! I thought you meant you believe KB might still be alive. As in right now, in the present.
No. I’m sorry riolove. I have never believed she was alive. Sadly. And I do believe PF killed her. I don’t know if KK assisted but we now know she knew of his plans and could have notified KB and LE.
Instead I believe KK was very involved in the plan and cover up.

No. To me, it sounds like it went something like this: friend went to the Rs and said “my bff told me some man asked her to kill his baby’s mother” and Mr. R was probably like ...what? And maybe friend was thinking okay R is an attorney, maybe he can give her some legal advice on what to do. This is likely when R said “tell your friend to call me” in some type of effort to give her advice and probably find out if this WAS in fact a solicitation or everyday griping about an SO.

It doesn’t sound like the Rs knew their employees friends identity, let alone the man who was asking her to commit the crime. Once they heard things, they went to LE.

And we now know that the fbi was already in Idaho digging by the time they called them. That means the phone led them there from the get go, and anything else is just icing on the cake.

I would have to listen to the video again and I don't think there is a clip yet, but the way I am reading this quote from the clip is she said "THAT Patrick" and she did know the name, also saying that was the only name she had heard him called. This doesn't mean they knew KK's name, but depending on how long she was an employee. I don't know if they could have prevented this if they had come forward sooner... so many different factors to consider .. reliability of BFF... like you said, griping about a SO...

“I think the mother that had the courage and go on TV when her daughter was missing, saying that someone knew where she was at,” Patty said. “At that point in my mind I thought that Patrick, and that was the only name I had heard him called, I didn't know his last name, had done something to her daughter and he knew where she was at.”

No they were not. But they could have stepped in. If you think I do not blame PF that is incorrect...he is the root. But their complacency allowed his intent to become reality so I feel they are responsible as well.
MOO
These people heard second hand information from an employee.

This employee was later told by KK, not to worry about it.

They asked for KK to communicate with them, but she never did.

It is only in retrospect that they realize that it’s possible they could have done something, but I can’t fault them for how they played this, based on what they knew at the time.

As soon as they thought they had information to share, they did the right thing.

I, too, think the police knocked at her door.

Something that bothers me, no one really knows when KB went missing/died. Did the police chief affirmatively state it was Thanksgiving? I know KB/baby confirmed in SW @ noonish. Did PF pick the child up directly after KB returned to the condo? Was KB planning to hang alone, not feeling well or simply didn’t want to go
out? Might she have been killed Friday or Saturday? Idk if we’ve heard if her phone was used after her second convo with CB. Would LE even know or is it to soon? As much as I dread bringing this up, what confirmation is there that KB baked the cin’ rolls? Or that they were made on Thanksgiving? The house sat vacant (apparently) for many days. IMO, it’s not far fetched to think the con’ rolls to be nothing more than a “staging”. No one would know so many days would pass before someone realized KB was missing, imo. The rolls might have been baked to throw off
Anyone that may have went in for a welfare check. “Oh, she made rolls, she must have been here yesterday”. Obviously, the longer they sat out, uncovered the more they deteriorated.
Could another female possibly paid a visit to KB to discuss
a man they had in common? A female that had or could get info on KB, like her ph number/address? Then, things got out of hand?
Back to my original question, is it confirmed KB was murdered on Thanksgiving? If so, how on earth did LE determine a date with/o a body? I assume bc IN told them it was Thanksgiving. But, was it? When, exactly, did IN arrive in CO? Friday? We know she was at Sonic on Saturday, I believe on her way out of town. Is it impossible to think she spent Friday night in the condo, based on her proximity Saturday a.m.?
Ordinarily wouldn't cell phone usage also play into this. If you have someone who is texting or getting calls on a regular basis, and that activity just stops..wouldnt that be a clue? Its not enough to arrest PF on, obviously, but could be a factor of when they THINK she disappeared, yes? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member