CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are these people talking? The phone number not being on the screen as Mrs R stated...the phone being in KK’s possession as Mrs R stated and that KK sent the texts. Mrs R states these things as fact. Is this woman crazy? Seriously.

I would definitely think the BFF is a key witness. Sounds like she trusted these two with a lot of information. I do not know if their was some type of implied confidentiality but either way; they are sharing all she heard.

If that's the case, I don't understand why he didn't just dispose of the phone with her body. Why have KK come to Colorado just to take the phone back to Idaho and text KB's employer/PF she won't be back for a week? That elaboration isn't necessary. Yet in all that elaboration, no one accounted for her vehicles still being at her home?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just attempt to drop the baby off after a few days, call her mom and ask her if she has heard from her, and report her missing himself?

To be frank, it is the whole involving KK and getting the phone to Idaho is what really broke this case wide open. Her body still hasn't been found and if he is the sole killer, his elaboration was his downfall. In whatever manner her body left the house, it was done discreetly. In whatever manner she was disposed, it was done discreetly. He wouldn't be in jail right now without the elaboration. Right now, she'd still be a missing person like the many others who hold such title.

At this point, it just screams that PF didn't want the burden of doing the dirty work. He didn't want to do the killing, he didn't want to do the reporting missing. I honestly think he didn't do the disposing either.

I think he came by to get the baby out of the house (under some guise) and told KB to be ready for their Thanksgiving dinner and he'd be back to get her later. And that was his direct involvement.
I believe there was a third person involved. KK has apparently done a lot of talking and lying.

Hypothetical theory to explain the Nov 26/27 dates and the R's seeing info about Kelsey on facebook during that time period:

Let's assume the R's are being truthful to the best of their knowledge. Let's say that the R's were only told by M the first names Patrick and Kelsey when she told about KK being asked by P to help murder Kelsey. They were told of the possible solicitation back in October and asked for M to have KK come see them. KK never came to see them and instead M said to the R's "forget it". Let's say for minute we buy that the R's thought that meant it's likely not serious-- perhaps just a drunken rant or something, but they were still bothered by it and remembered the first names Kelsey and Patrick.

Now fast forward to Nov 25th-- we know KB had been murdered by that point and her phone was used to send text messages to PF and KB's job. Let's say that on Nov 26 Mrs R really DID see a facebook post about a missing CO woman named Kelsey and alarm bells went off in her head. She goes to M and asks if the woman that they had previously talked about named Kelsey was missing. M supposedly contacts KK and says "My boss saw on fb that KB is missing, is it true?" and perhaps KK, who has guilty knowledge that Kelsey really is gone but doesn't know that it's not on facebook yet, replies it's true KB is missing. M comes back to Mrs R same day (Nov 26th) and says-- "that's her, she's missing and a pilot too".

Now here's the hypothetical-- Perhaps the Nov 26th facebook post Mrs R saw about a missing Kelsey from Colorado was really a post about the missing Kelsie Schelling. Although Kelsie Schelling has been missing since 2013 there were new developments in her case in 2018-- enough that people might have been posting and sharing about her still being missing. If Mrs R only saw a post that said something like "please help find my missing friend Kelsie from CO" and didn't click any links or do any investigating to see when this Kelsie went missing she might have thought it was a recent case. So the R's gave their 24 hour ultimatum after getting the answers they did and when they heard KK got a new phone number they assumed that meant it was true she spoke to LE and was taking actions to protect herself from PF.

This theory still doesn't explain why the Rs wouldn't have taken action and contacted the police themselves as well in Nov. But it would explain the wrong dates and it would reveal that KK (and by extension M) knew about KB being missing before she had been reported missing. The Rs could be key witnesses if this were the case.

MOO.

Interesting idea. Two things. The R's never indicated they knew her as anything but missing woman, whereas they had the name Patrick. Still they could have left that info out.

Two. I checked no facebook posts or articles in or around that time frame for Kelsie Schilling. Its possible i could have missed something but..

What I don't get about the R's interview is:

If they gave KK (via BFF) 24 hours to go to the police, why didn't they follow up? Not even when there had been major news about the mobile phone ping near Idaho - surely that would ring the bells that KK had not been talking to the police? Or didn't they find it at all odd that she had changed her phone number - why do that if you are not involved in the case? December 17 seems rather late for the realization that KK had not been talking IMO.

And at what point did they learn that KK had the phone?

I just don't get this case, not at all.

Last edited:
They knew Kelsey was missing because KK told her bff that Kelsey was missing. The bff then approached her employer (the Rs) and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.'

Part Two: Twin Falls couple discusses tough call to FBI
Now I am not defending PF, he's arrested, but I do give him all along the benefit of doubt and innocent until proven guilty. Looking at what was going on there in ID among the small group, it does tend to look like someone is trying to frame PF. If it's true that KK had possession of KB's phone, then she knows perfectly well she is somehow involved in a murder. No one, even the village idiot, blabs to anyone about murder - unless they are setting up someone else. It makes no sense.

I would definitely think the BFF is a key witness. Sounds like she trusted these two with a lot of information. I do not know if their was some type of implied confidentiality but either way; they are sharing all she heard.
Is this BFF M around? Could she be the person who was considered "in danger" regarding the arrest affidavit?

It’s bizarre to think KK traveled so far to “only” be involved in the phone disposal aspect & eat at Sonic, imo.

Don't forget the infamous cinnamon buns......

They'd make a nice treat for someone who just drove 700 miles.

The purpose of the phone was likely to set the stage that Kelsey left on her own.

The location of that cell phone activity would sell this story, while simultaneously setting up an alibi for PF (if his phone was still in Colorado).

He thought he came up with the perfect plan, but you’re right, he was thwarted by the plan of his own making.

Maybe KK came up with the phone ping touch herself...

Lots of time to think on that 11 hour drive.....

What I don't get about the R's interview is:

If they gave KK (via BFF) 24 hours to go to the police, why didn't they follow up? Not even when there had been major news about the mobile phone ping near Idaho - surely that would ring the bells that KK had not been talking to the police? Or didn't thet find it at all odd that she had changed her phone number - why do that if you are not involved in the case? December 17 seems rather late for the realization that KK had not been talking IMO.

And at what point did they learn that KK had the phone?

I just don't get this case, not at all.

Exactly. There are so many things that don't make sense with this story. As if you would leave something that important to someone's word. You are a lawyer- with police contacts- check up and see if it was reported

This is how I catch my kids in lies- the inconsistencies. They try to make up a story based on shreds of truth and it falls apart.. They have given up and just fess up or fess up fast when they see its falling apart lol

Hypothetical theory to explain the Nov 26/27 dates and the R's seeing info about Kelsey on facebook during that time period:

Let's assume the R's are being truthful to the best of their knowledge. Let's say that the R's were only told by M the first names Patrick and Kelsey when she told about KK being asked by P to help murder Kelsey. They were told of the possible solicitation back in October and asked for M to have KK come see them. KK never came to see them and instead M said to the R's "forget it". Let's say for minute we buy that the R's thought that meant it's likely not serious-- perhaps just a drunken rant or something, but they were still bothered by it and remembered the first names Kelsey and Patrick.

Now fast forward to Nov 25th-- we know KB had been murdered by that point and her phone was used to send text messages to PF and KB's job. Let's say that on Nov 26 Mrs R really DID see a facebook post about a missing CO woman named Kelsey and alarm bells went off in her head. She goes to M and asks if the woman that they had previously talked about named Kelsey was missing. M supposedly contacts KK and says "My boss saw on fb that KB is missing, is it true?" and perhaps KK, who has guilty knowledge that Kelsey really is gone but doesn't know that it's not on facebook yet, replies it's true KB is missing. M comes back to Mrs R same day (Nov 26th) and says-- "that's her, she's missing and a pilot too".

Now here's the hypothetical-- Perhaps the Nov 26th facebook post Mrs R saw about a missing Kelsey from Colorado was really a post about the missing Kelsie Schelling. Although Kelsie Schelling has been missing since 2013 there were new developments in her case in 2018-- enough that people might have been posting and sharing about her still being missing. If Mrs R only saw a post that said something like "please help find my missing friend Kelsie from CO" and didn't click any links or do any investigating to see when this Kelsie went missing she might have thought it was a recent case. So the R's gave their 24 hour ultimatum after getting the answers they did and when they heard KK got a new phone number they assumed that meant it was true she spoke to LE and was taking actions to protect herself from PF.

This theory still doesn't explain why the Rs wouldn't have taken action and contacted the police themselves as well in Nov. But it would explain the wrong dates and it would reveal that KK (and by extension M) knew about KB being missing before she had been reported missing. The Rs could be key witnesses if this were the case.

MOO.
Thank you for your well thought out response Gardner :)

Maybe KK came up with the phone ping touch herself...

Lots of time to think on that 11 hour drive.....
This guy solicited her. I think it’s more likely that the plan was entirely his.

It could have been her idea though, perhaps in an effort to mitigate her involvement here, especially if he had another plan that she wanted no part in.

Interesting idea. Two things. The R's never indicated they knew her as anything but missing woman, whereas they had the name Patrick. Still they could have left that info out.

Two. I checked no facebook posts or articles in or around that time frame for Kelsie Schilling. Its possible i could have missed something but..

It wouldn't have to be an article or LE post made on Nov 26th, it could just be something shared on or around Nov 26th by a friend of the R's and MRs R saw it that date. I have friends who are on facebook infrequently and only read the headlines of articles shared without clicking the links. They will sometimes tell me in real life conversations about things they read on fb that I know happened years or months ago and I have to set them straight on when something is old news. That's what made me think of it being possible.

MOO.
How on earth would Mrs R stumble upon a FB post about a missing woman named Kelsi...UNLESS she was doing some sleuthing of her own because she believed M the first time about KK being solicited? More importantly, how is it that M, or Mrs R even, did not report to police right away? I could never laugh that off. I would have to call police. I do believe both M and Mrs R believed it and that they did some talking in that little town. I think more people know details than we might think.
The noose is tightening around KKs neck.

MOO.
The Rs didn't get these two Kelseys confused.

Mrs. R didn't know Kelsey's name. She didn't even know Patrick's last name. When the bff employee referred to Kelsey when speaking to the Rs, she called Kelsey 'that person'. Mrs R referred to her as 'that woman'.

On November 26th, M came to Mrs R and said 'that person, she's missing, she's also a pilot.' Mrs R realized she had also seen a Facebook post about a missing Colorado mom that sounded familiar. She delivered an ultimatum for her employee M to pass along to KK.

“I said, ‘Would you please text your friend KK and ask her if this is that woman?,” Mrs R said. She responded quickly and said that it was.
Part Two: Twin Falls couple discusses tough call to FBI

This guy solicited her. I think it’s more likely that the plan was entirely his.

It could have been her idea though, perhaps in an effort to mitigate her involvement here, especially if he had another plan that she wanted no part in.

Do you think the info leaks to her GF were a plan she made up (herself without PF) to protect herself if she was caught and it got out of control or she just can't stop herself from talking.
I'm leaning towards she can't stop talking..

I think BFF is a smokescreen and probably a fake.

I think KK has been dealing directly with the R's and just avoiding showing up at their office.

There is no reason to add the BFF to the mix, other than to introduce the potential for some misinterpretation or misstatement of what KK is relating to the R's.

There may be other real people who are friends of KK, but they are not participating in this charade, although they may very well be acting on her behalf with the concealment of the phone, the purse or whatever else KK returned with.

I have been asking all along why she hasn’t been charged. Now I am thinking LE has her under surveillance, and she has lawyered up and is not giving them what they need (the phone or location of the body) and they are still using search warrants to look for evidence and then she will be charged. I now believe LE won’t charge her until they have something locked very tight. I believe she is really deeply involved in the solicitation/conspiracy/murder/cover-up.
Do you think at this time they do not have enough evidence to charge her? You would think they would by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc