CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just saying some places they will pick up the day before or day after a holiday.

Here in Colorado Springs they do (did). At least my service did. There are at least 4 or 5 different WM services here.

269 KB's unit
IS23zvu3rfobd71000000000.jpg

251 next building past KB's door which is in background

ISu5f7dsm5gjab.jpg

From Zillow

Isn't the unit to the left on lower ground? Is that the one with the front door facing the street? I thought 271 to the right in photo was a mirror-image of 269?
Is this a different landfill than PF was seen at with 2 buddies unloading a trailer awhile back? Thanks in advance.

But they could just as easily be searching for weapons or objects rather than a body. I was under the impression from prior articles that they were uncertain if they'd be able to recover the body?

And I hope this landfill does follow meticulous protocol and record keeping. I think if they do, LE has a pretty good chance at finding whatever they are looking for with some persistence.

JMO
The neighbor I believe described the way he parked his truck and if I have it right it was parked like the diagram below which would have given him a hidden path to his truck.

Her two vehicles would have been side by side with his in front sideways. Giving him a hidden alley
here....v
...........v
<<<HOUSE>>>>
...........v
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
{---------------------}
{---------------------} <<< PK's vehicle front

Thanks for the diagram Hatfield! I remember wondering at the time if PF normally parked his truck this way, or was this unusual. I’m sure LE asked the neighbors. This clearly shows how he could have removed Kelsey from her house IMHO

But they could just as easily be searching for weapons or objects rather than a body. I was under the impression from prior articles that they were uncertain if they'd be able to recover the body?
I think we got the impression that because there was no active searching going on that they believed there would be no body to find, it was never stated that way by news or LE. Maybe they weren't searching simply because they didn't know where to search, not even which states.

Here's a pic of the entrance to the landfill. It was closed on Thanksgiving, meaning no one would be there. And it's closed on Sat and Sun.
https://www.wmsolutions.com/pdf/factsheet/Midway_Landfill_Fact_Sheet.pdf
Just gives an idea of how easy it would be for someone to unload something there without being detected.

Thanks Mom24. This landfill doesn't take Teller Co trash. So Kelsey's trash wouldn't be there.

Midway Landfill provides safe and convenient disposal services for communities, businesses and industries serving El Paso County and Northern Pueblo County

Thanks Mom24. This landfill doesn't take Teller Co trash. So Kelsey's trash wouldn't be there.

Midway Landfill provides safe and convenient disposal services for communities, businesses and industries serving El Paso County and Northern Pueblo County
So this is a positive sign that they want to search Midway, given they don't even take Teller Co. trash.

Last edited:
Only thing you missed was tall , dark and wearing a Stetson - a little horse Apple on his boots would of sent her over the edge. Throw in a mustache she would spill her guts.
Oh, and don't forget he'd need a 4 inch bull rider winning belt buckle to blind her when the sun hit it. (snark)

My guess is it would be prudent of the CBI to do a general search of the specific area(s) of the landfill that covered the dumping of evidence at anyplace that fed refuse into the landfill on Nov. 22, 2018. The Pikes Peak Region is a large area, but one day's refuse, or even one week's, would be searchable, especially with dogs. That is exactly the method used to discover Mrs. Blagg's remains in the Grand Junction landfill in 2001, eight full months after her disappearance, which resulted in a solid conviction in an otherwise shaky case. I have the impression that the prosecutors are being very patient, investigating this one "by the book" and really don't care about the case against everyone interesting that is being built in the news media.
IMO

I wondered about the holiday trash pickup too. Some WM are nice enough to mail out a flyer notifying homes which day the pickup will be if its a holiday week. So its possible PF knew when her pickup was going to be, if he ended up using her own trash bin/barrel/can/dumpster/canister/receptacle.

Did I cover all of the containers? LOL :)

"VILE" - I like "Verified Icognito Litter Expert" :)
Oh my! We were talking trash when I went to bed and we're still talking trash! Literally not figuratively, of course :)

They would take Doss Aviation trash then, right? I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I hope they are doing the search because someone is talking and not as an afterthought to rule it out, now that 2 months of garbage has been piled.
Exactly my thoughts. I would think that if KK has been "singing like a bird", this would have come out weeks ago. They've known she was involved to some degree for at least a month now. I really wonder how much she's actually saying through her lawyer. PF was "cooperating" and not saying much. JMO

Just in case it is not her body they are searching for, are there other things they might be intent on getting their hands on? Maybe something they overlooked previously and now are adamant they need to find?
It could be that they found suspicious surveillance video of someone putting something in a business/apartment dumpster elsewhere and traced it to this landfill. Could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop