CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, how do they determine if a lead is valid?
Remember in the Laci P. case, LE had a tip Laci was spotted with a quadriplegic in WA. People, I guess, find it amusing to phone in ridiculous false leads.

Good question and I don't know. However, that they'd search a landfill, with all of the man hours that will take, it makes me think that they believe their source is credible.

To answer a previous query about who might help in the search, the Colorado Springs Police Department has jurisdiction over this search, regardless of who the news thinks served a warrant. CSPD has reciprocal agreements with every LE entity within El Paso county and has free certified training for those officers in such areas as SWAT. When the abortion clinic shooter started, the second wave of respose, after the one initial officer responding to a prowler call, were reciprocal officers. The one killed was a reciprocal from the University of Colorado Police Department. The third wave of responders were the available officers of the CSPD and the fourth wave were off-duty officers of the CSPD who are on the call list.
I hope I answered it fully, this time.
I could never call pf a cowboy or macho. My image of a cowboy or a macho guy is someone manly... which is very different from a murderer.
And my image of rodeo cowboys is Ty Murray not the murderous PF.

Well, since we’re stuck in the dark and forced to speculate on many things, let me throw a slightly different theory out there for discussion. This is totally my speculation, mind you. I don’t follow this case anywhere but here.

What if PF’s comment “little girls go missing” wasn’t a threat but a warning? That an unknown “third party”, someone they were beholden to, would take action if PF and KK didn’t? I’ve never felt that custody of L’il K, or inferiority to KB, or irreconcilable differences were enough motive for murder. But we believe they were under financial strain and that PF, by all accounts, had it pretty good. We know that the state of Colorado has one of the worst drug problems in the country and we know that KB was a private pilot with access to airplanes.

If PF was involved with some shady characters who needed to move something from point A to point B, he may have tried to get KB to buy in as an easy solution to some of his/their problems. I think that fits with his character. But he underestimated KB’s integrity and she threatened to expose the game.

What if it was a deeper conspiracy with a truly nefarious person or org and they were in way over their heads? PF got L’il K out of the way before another party came along a short time later and took care of KB. He solicited KK into the murder scheme to deal with the purse, phone, etc., while he helped the 3rd party dispose of her body?

Maybe it’s a stretch, but it would explain the need for protective custody, for the relative silence of friends, the reluctance of LE to release info, etc., without really impacting the other known facts in the case. I really believe we’re still missing a scary player or two in this story. My biggest problem with a storyline like this is the delay from Sept. 1st to Thanksgiving.

Again, MOO as always. Thoughts?
Have had the same thoughts from time to time .I certainly think PF or KK would be onboard for some easy money. Don't think KB would be from what we know.

Could be what KK told M was "little kids disappear...," and somehow in PR's mind she imagined a little girl and misspoke in her interview. Sort of like a really short game of telephone with really bad players.

I have to agree with you, NCTeacher. And the Rs had their own interpretation of Telephone.
Right now, besides garbage, I get stuck on those d+mn 3 interviews with the Rs. They were cut short for a reason. And have we heard the next interview the station was promising from presumably a woman? Nope! There's a reason why that's been stopped too.
MOO, MOO

You've mentioned several times that PF made a lot of money but just because PF had the potential to earn a large salary doesn't mean he did. He doesn't seem very ambitious to me. I'm not saying he never worked but I doubt he was at the top of his game. With that being said, I don't believe this crime was financially motivated anyway.
I think that is so odd that someone thinks that he made a lot of money or earned a "good" living. I'm guessing we are I see a man living with his mother at his age (embarrassing to most) and taking his pay under the counter (fraud, evading taxes) also embarrassing, shamed on and not looked upon well. Yes I was born in Colorado and spent over 40 years there. I knew many kinds over the years and that is what I have gathered. Very interesting!

I’ve seen this theory on FB, a lot.
I don’t read every post, tho.
Do you think she’s in the landfill?
Is a rug missing? Tysm
Do you think someone carried a rug out in broad daylight?

I don't know if a rug is missing but it makes sense-- not a big mess that LE saw when the made the wellness check.

We also don't know that her body was removed during daylight hours. It could have been night time.

The landfill could be a red herring. Come on, PF is a rancher.
If you killed someone, would you put the body in your horse/cattle poop waste container and have the sanitation company pick it up? Would you drive the dead body to a landfill, when you could easily throw the wrapped body over a steep cliff, down a mine, anchored in a pond or lake, burn it,
dismember it and scatter the pieces?

IMO MOO

How incredibly stupid of the killer(s) to dump KB's body in a landfill considering the millions of other places they could have buried her.

I think KB's trip to Safeway was a set up by PF to get her out of the house. "Honey, can you make that pie that your mother talked about?" KB had to call her mom for the recipe and then go get the ingredients.

Once she was out of her house, the killer(s) who had been given a key by PF, went inside her house and hid until
the moment was right to attack her.

I still believe that she was wrapped in a area rug to get her from her house into the vehicle that took her away.

imo Moo

Oh, wow, that sounds sadly plausible.

I think that is so odd that someone thinks that he made a lot of money or earned a "good" living. I'm guessing we are I see a man living with his mother at his age (embarrassing to most) and taking his pay under the counter (fraud, evading taxes) also embarrassing, shamed on and not looked upon well. Yes I was born in Colorado and spent over 40 years there. I knew many kinds over the years and that is what I have gathered. Very interesting!
Yes! And his business as a farrier is limited to those who don't know his reputation for abusing horses.

Well, since we’re stuck in the dark and forced to speculate on many things, let me throw a slightly different theory out there for discussion. This is totally my speculation, mind you. I don’t follow this case anywhere but here.

What if PF’s comment “little girls go missing” wasn’t a threat but a warning? That an unknown “third party”, someone they were beholden to, would take action if PF and KK didn’t? I’ve never felt that custody of L’il K, or inferiority to KB, or irreconcilable differences were enough motive for murder. But we believe they were under financial strain and that PF, by all accounts, had it pretty good. We know that the state of Colorado has one of the worst drug problems in the country and we know that KB was a private pilot with access to airplanes.

If PF was involved with some shady characters who needed to move something from point A to point B, he may have tried to get KB to buy in as an easy solution to some of his/their problems. I think that fits with his character. But he underestimated KB’s integrity and she threatened to expose the game.

What if it was a deeper conspiracy with a truly nefarious person or org and they were in way over their heads? PF got L’il K out of the way before another party came along a short time later and took care of KB. He solicited KK into the murder scheme to deal with the purse, phone, etc., while he helped the 3rd party dispose of her body?

Maybe it’s a stretch, but it would explain the need for protective custody, for the relative silence of friends, the reluctance of LE to release info, etc., without really impacting the other known facts in the case. I really believe we’re still missing a scary player or two in this story. My biggest problem with a storyline like this is the delay from Sept. 1st to Thanksgiving.

If he thought someone else would be coming along later to do the deed ! Why not just wait it out? Unless it would give him credibility in the Brass B club.

Small point, but the seller of 269 E. Lake lived in it before KB bought it, and moved out of state. The condo at 209 E. Lake is a rental, last advertised for $1075 per month. Its the only one in the complex that was ever rented, that I could find.
KB had rented in the complex before buying. Do you think that was where she lived prior to buying?

Trudie just mentioned what I was going to say. Something happened in Sept to make PF start solicitatingfor murder.
It seems to be KB purchasing 269.

We don't know what was said by her to PF regarding any future child support payments, etc.

We don't know if she issued any ultimatums.

We don't know if she expressed a wish to move back to WA
or up to SandPoint, ID to be near her parents.

IMO MOO

Her grandmother in WA is ill. Would KB have inherited grandmother's house if she passed away?

What is WPU that Tricia says we are not to post as MSM?

I don't know if a rug is missing but it makes sense-- not a big mess that LE saw when the made the wellness check.

We also don't know that her body was removed during daylight hours. It could have been night time.

If you killed someone, would you put the body in your horse/cattle poop waste container and have the sanitation company pick it up? Would you drive the dead body to a landfill, when you could easily throw the wrapped body over a steep cliff, down a mine, anchored in a pond or lake, burn it,

IMO MOO
Don't think PF is a roll her in a rug type , and KB's brother would of noticed right off if a rug was missing.

IMO MOO
Cattle poop waste container? Horses and cows poop about 50 lbs of poo each day. Not joking. Ranchers don't pick it up and put it in a container.

IMO MOO

Ever feel like you wanted to open up a crime school to teach these people Common Sense In Crime 101? ;)

This is a very interesting theory.

What kind of writing is this?
Investigators apparently believe there is evidence or the body of a missing Woodland Park mother who authorities say was killed by her fiance in a landfill south of Colorado Springs, according to ABC News”

She was killed in a landfill? That’s a BIG misplaced modifier.

ETA last sentence
The article has been updated.

Have had the same thoughts from time to time .I certainly think PF or KK would be onboard for some easy money. Don't think KB would be from what we know.
KB would not. But what if she were threatened?
It used to be drug runners flew cocaine in small planes from south america to miami to rural southern states.

The biggest drug epidemic is opioids-- OxyContin, Fentanyl,
etc.

Crystal meth manufacture, selling, and use is rampant in rural communities and all over, really.

imo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member