CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! The Federal Witness Protection program has added an average of about 177 witnesses per year, over the history of the program. The United States Attorney General must approve every witness protected. The two most frequent categories are witnesses against racketeering/organized crime and witnesses against terrorism. The states of California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York and Texas, plus Washington the District of Columbia, have their own witness protection programs. The states of Idaho and Colorado do not.
United States Federal Witness Protection Program - Wikipedia

Tysm for this. Great info. As always from you. Moo
Thinking back to other murder cases, witnesses roamed around, conducting business as usual, giving tv interviews, etc.
the Rhoden Family Massacre of 8 in OH didn’t result in witnesses or surfing family to need “protection”. Iirc, the OH LE told people to buy or carry guns.
Moo

Last edited:
She had a lot on her plate, was the comment made by CB in her interview. Maybe KB was tired of being on the road for three hours a day. imo

I think she had no more than any other single mom. A three hour commute is nothing to a lot of people. Some in CA have 3 hr ea way. I’m in LA (Lexington, KY area), many commute from Cinci or the TN border, daily. Jmo

She had a lot on her plate, was the comment made by CB in her interview. Maybe KB was tired of being on the road for three hours a day. imo
I get it! Maybe she was tired of averaging 47 mph when everyone else is doing 66 on the expressway and not getting a ticket. IMO

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder if this was about money.

CB mentioned that KB and PF hadn't gotten married because of money issues - livestock prices down, etc. However, KB had the money for a condo and two vehicles - surely that would be enough for them to get started with.

If the relationship was over, she might ask for child support. I think he'd go ballistic about that. I also wonder if he stands to benefit in any way by her death: company life insurance, life insurance taken out after the baby was born, beneficiary if she had a will.

I wonder if we'll ever know what triggered him to start planning this last September?

CB mentioned that KB and PF hadn't gotten married because of money issues - livestock prices down, etc. However, KB had the money for a condo and two vehicles - surely that would be enough for them to get started with.

If the relationship was over, she might ask for child support. I think he'd go ballistic about that. I also wonder if he stands to benefit in any way by her death: company life insurance, life insurance taken out after the baby was born, beneficiary if she had a will.

I wonder if we'll ever know what triggered him to start planning this last September?

Maybe he was being excluded on the condo/house buying for a reason. He very possibly could have benefited from her death, life insurance for K til she was 18, with him as the sole parent he would have had access to that money for K, and himself in round about way. The man is/was not very motivated in life, he liked things easy, is why he went after women who had good jobs. or the ability to get a well paying job. jmo

We’ve discussed the possibility of a financial motive, a lot.
Personally, I don’t see it. Only bc I’m familiar with his line of work & believe a farrier has unlimited income potential. Not to mention selling/training dogs & horses.
He apparently had multiple vehicles as well as stock trailers.
I am of the opinion he had his own living quarters in one of the barns on the ranchette property. He seemed to be self sufficient with money to travel & own animals, imo.
KB probably had a fixed salary or hourly wage & made much less, imo.
He can’t collect insurance if convicted, IF he is a bennie. Imo
FYI when I attend a rodeo or horse show, any farrier on site has a line. Horses are always throwing a shoe or something. Farriers hang at events, knowing they will pick up work.
( My personal experience.)

Maybe he was being excluded on the condo/house buying for a reason. He very possibly could have benefited from her death, life insurance for K til she was 18, with him as the sole parent he would have had access to that money for K, and himself in round about way. The man is/was not very motivated in life, he liked things easy, is why he went after women who had good jobs. or the ability to get a well paying job. jmo

See, I don’t consider him “unmotivated”.
His work is physically demanding & puts him in the elements.
IMO, he made more than enough to live how he wished & if he needed more, he went after it.
I respect your opinion, tho. We’re all entitled!

*not saying/implying P is innocent. Only disagree that he’s “needy” & sought out women for money, as I believe his income tripled the females we know him to be associated with. Jmo

Last edited:
We’ve discussed the possibility of a financial motive, a lot.
Personally, I don’t see it. Only bc I’m familiar with his line of work & believe a farrier has unlimited income potential. Not to mention selling/training dogs & horses.
He apparently had multiple vehicles as well as stock trailers.
I am of the opinion he had his own living quarters in one of the barns on the ranchette property. He seemed to be self sufficient with money to travel & own animals, imo.
KB probably had a fixed salary or hourly wage & made much less, imo.
He can’t collect insurance if convicted, IF he is a bennie. Imo
FYI when I attend a rodeo or horse show, any farrier on site has a line. Horses are always throwing a shoe or something. Farriers hang at events, knowing they will pick up work.
( My personal experience.)

Just my thoughts, but no farrier in the Florissant area even comes close to making a decent living, they seem to be a dime a dozen here. Maybe he did hang at the rodeo's, and had them lining up, but here locally, most ranchers have sons or grandsons who are farriers to do their horses. No big dressage barns in the area either, a few trainers along the road to WP, but no big operations.
Starting salary for a flight instructor is $60,000 to $90,000 a year, imo, KB made way more money than him.
Barn is not high enough for an apartment, as you have the rafters right there, and with a 40 # snow load building code, they would probably be pretty close to each other. He probably lived in his old room, the one he had since he was 12. JMO

Exactly! The Federal Witness Protection program has added an average of about 177 witnesses per year, over the history of the program. The United States Attorney General must approve every witness protected. The two most frequent categories are witnesses against racketeering/organized crime and witnesses against terrorism. The states of California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York and Texas, plus Washington the District of Columbia, have their own witness protection programs. The states of Idaho and Colorado do not.
United States Federal Witness Protection Program - Wikipedia

According to this Denver Post article from 2007, the State of CO has a small witness protection program. Unless something has changed since then?

Comparing what I know about this case and what I know about other cases that have not had been included, I’m not sure this case would be under consideration for a protection program scenario in CO.

MOO!

Just my thoughts, but no farrier in the Florissant area even comes close to making a decent living, they seem to be a dime a dozen here. Maybe he did hang at the rodeo's, and had them lining up, but here locally, most ranchers have sons or grandsons who are farriers to do their horses. No big dressage barns in the area either, a few trainers along the road to WP, but no big operations.
Starting salary for a flight instructor is $60,000 to $90,000 a year, imo, KB made way more money than him.
Barn is not high enough for an apartment, as you have the rafters right there, and with a 40 # snow load building code, they would probably be pretty close to each other. He probably lived in his old room, the one he had since he was 12. JMO

Forgot you guys have snow load. I see a lot of barns with living quarter built outside of the legal requirements. We don’t require building permits if we have ten+ acres. Once a building is up, no one knows what’s going on inside, as far as “dressing it up”.

Flight Instructor Salary | PayScale

Idk what KB actually made. Only guessing she’d be at the lower end of the scale as she’s quite young. Moo

I don’t think she was moving away, in any sense. I don’t think they were ever a true couple. Things happened, couple-hood didn’t work out, imo. I’m aware of what CB said, etc. jmo
I don't think she was moving away, either. She was a homeowner. Home purchase is a commitment, and although she could have rented her unit out or sold it, the fact that she recently bought it demonstrates to me that she had no plans to move in the near future. Also, her mom said that "she loves her job", so she had no reason to pick up and leave. But I do believe that they were a couple; at least they were in her mind. Again, I go back to the professional portrait of the three of them that we saw in the media many times. JMHO

I don't think she was moving away, either. She was a homeowner. Home purchase is a commitment, and although she could have rented her unit out or sold it, the fact that she recently bought it demonstrates to me that she had no plans to move in the near future. Also, her mom said that "she loves her job", so she had no reason to pick up and leave. But I do believe that they were a couple; at least they were in her mind. Again, I go back to the professional portrait of the three of them that we saw in the media many times. JMHO

I think the pro portrait was a pro sitting with a photog to commemorate the birth of baby K. Only bc I know other women that arranged the same type photo shoot, even if estranged from the new father. Jmo. Heck, he may have arranged it. I’ve found nothing to imply he didn’t love being a father.
IMO, they had an arrangement that worked for them. If people questioned her about relationship status, I don’t think it’d be unusual to mention declining cattle prices rather than discuss problems. Jmo
I bet she did love her job.. and, she needed the experience to advance, in her field, imo.

Forgot you guys have snow load. I see a lot of barns with living quarter built outside of the legal requirements. We don’t require building permits if we have ten+ acres. Once a building is up, no one knows what’s going on inside, as far as “dressing it up”.

Flight Instructor Salary | PayScale

Idk what KB actually made. Only guessing she’d be at the lower end of the scale as she’s quite young. Moo

I wondered too, so I looked it up, with her additional certifications I thought maybe she could be making more.
Salary for Flight Instructor | Salary.com

BBM:

My guess is yes, we will.

PF isn't exactly what you'd call a master in the art of covering his tracks...including his mental ones.

Give the guy an ACME kit and he could be Wile E. Coyote.

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder if he tried to get someone to drive her car somewhere and leave it there, and that person refused or backed out. Imo
I think they messed up! They "got rid" of her purse, not realizing she may have had BOTH sets of keys to both of her cars, at that point, every kinda fell apart.
IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members