CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have mentioned before but I'm in agreement that when PF and friends went to drop items at the dump there was something in that trash that kicked off a domino effect that led to the search at KB's and then to PF's arrest. So thankful for the person who reported PF being there! I keep thinking that in that trash was something from KB's home that he thought wouldn't be discovered. Perhaps a piece of a shower curtain or sheet. Something that gave the police a clue to go back and look at her home. I'm so thankful for the hard and likely gross work that was done to connect the dots. I'm praying that a lot more work is being done behind the scenes and that it will lead to another arrest or two soon. Imo

Oh, I disagree. He knew he was being watched. IMO, he found it funny & replayed the video many times. Jmo

Oh, I disagree. He knew he was being watched. IMO, he found it funny & replayed the video many times. Jmo

Oh goodness! I hadn't thought of that.. if true that would really say a lot about his personality and nothing positive.

So do you think they're was any evidence in that trash? Or do you think it was just a coincidence that the police re-searched KB's home so soon after the dump visit?

The smartest thing to do would have been to simply break up with KB, if that's what he wanted to do, and deal with co-parenting like many in similar situations do. I will never understand the mindset that leads these monsters to believe that they will get away with murder.
I can only imagine that in addition to wanting to have total control over the baby, he must have really hated or resented her. Maybe he saw her as an obstacle that would always be in his way. Or maybe he had been used to controlling her and once he realized he could not do that anymore, he was just "done," and felt the only way out was to get rid of her. Imo

Right, and it’s just that. An observation. We’ve had a trash can replaced because it was cracked. So, obviously, there can be an innocent explanation why one can is newer than the other (or, maybe they were never part of a matching set etc.)

It’s just one of those things that always stuck out to me since seeing the same image you attached. At this point of “no new news”...my mind may wander back to any little detail, whether significant or not. ;)
Totally agree that it might be a very innocent explanation! And I’d think LE has already investigated the trash can hypothesis. I’m now gonna go and look at the colors of my own trashcans. NOT. I need to not think of trashcans more today:)

I have always been under the impression that if a man is choking a woman an the woman's hands are free, a woman can cause a man extreme pain.

It depends upon how he is choking her. If he comes from behind, she has less of a chance to cause him any pain. Especially if she is laying down. Also, one can come from behind and throw something down, over the victims neck, and pull to choke. Like a rope or a scarf or plastic bag...and there is little the victim can do in response.

It would have been tricky to remove her intact body without someone seeing. And for police to move so quickly to arrest him with no body, my feeling is that they found not just blood but tissue as well. Nothing visible at first glance, or else KB’s brother would have said something following his walk thru. That leaves the drain. And it’s possible that part of what PF disposed of at WM that day was plumbing that had been replaced.

I don't think it was impossible to move her, fully intact, without being noticed. It was a holiday weekend. He could have rolled a small suitcase, or carried a large duffel bag out to his truck, and no one would have blinked an eye. JMO

I don't think it was impossible to move her, fully intact, without being noticed. It was a holiday weekend. He could have rolled a small suitcase, or carried a large duffel bag out to his truck, and no one would have blinked an eye. JMO
And she lived in a duplex and her closest neighbor was away for the holiday. There would not have been a lot of people around to see him.

I can only imagine that in addition to wanting to have total control over the baby, ... Imo

I had one other unpleasant thought about this case. Little K is a little over a year old. Wonder if she is already a bit verbal and if she has memories about anything . Most language development is after age 2, but some children are advanced. I wonder if PF/SF wanted custody so that they could either discourage her from asking Qs, or shape whatever information she was given later on :(

some articles on what very young children remember:
Children’s Vantage Point of Recalling Traumatic Events

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.907.2180&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I don’t think she was moving away, in any sense. I don’t think they were ever a true couple. Things happened, couple-hood didn’t work out, imo. I’m aware of what CB said, etc. jmo

Could be they were never a couple in his eyes, but they did share a child, his magic was not working to keep her in the area is my guess. She had a horrendous commute of almost three hours round trip, down a mountain pass in all kinds of weather, etc. I think she was looking to move either closer to her family, or closer to work, and start to think where baby K would go to pre school. There are some nice areas in the foothills, south west of Colorado springs. Of course this would have meant that PF would not see baby K often, or he would have had to commute up and down a mountain pass and drive over an hour to see her/pick her up. All, jmo of course.

I still think it's possible that she has already been arrested and charged, and may have been in custody all this time and we just don't know about it.
According to an article from The Denver Post that was posted here about 10 threads ago, Colorado is one of the few states to do this.
They found that 6700 cases were hidden from public view, concealed behind judges orders that remained in effect for years. (since 2014)

I don't know how that would work in this situation since the case is obviously well known, but maybe it's possible to have kept her records hidden.

I don't know how to link it again but the article is called "Shrouded in Justice: Thousands of Colorado Cases hidden from Public View on Judges orders."
According to the article, they found 66 felony cases that remained closed to the public, including homicides.
According to The Post, " someone could be arrested, charged and convicted without anyone seeing why, how or where."

One thing we do know is she was solicited and did not tell the authorities in time to prevent this or was an active participant. If it is the later than she is under arrest and charged by now.

Some links, hope they are ok, just to show what is in PF backyard, and why no search's have been done. There are tens of thousands of acres of mountains, valleys, and remote areas. Shelf Road is south of Cripple Creek, not a lot of traffic, even less in the winter. Shelf Road - Gold Belt Byway

Since he did not live in Woodland Park, I doubt he would have known many of the back roads in that area. JMO

One thing we do know is she was solicited and did not tell the authorities in time to prevent this or was an active participant. If it is the later than she is under arrest and charged by now.

Not necessarily. IMO, if arrested, CO would share the news with us. There’s no reason to conceal her arrest, that I can think of.
As far as protection, what on earth does she or anyone need protection from unless there is another person we have yet to hear of. A person ready to kill! After searching diligently, I can’t find any documentation regarding “protecting” a witness in a crime like this. There’s hundreds if not thousands of murder cases in the court system. Witnesses are walking around, without protection.
Jmo

Could be they were never a couple in his eyes, but they did share a child, his magic was not working to keep her in the area is my guess. She had a horrendous commute of almost three hours round trip, down a mountain pass in all kinds of weather, etc. I think she was looking to move either closer to her family, or closer to work, and start to think where baby K would go to pre school. There are some nice areas in the foothills, south west of Colorado springs. Of course this would have meant that PF would not see baby K often, or he would have had to commute up and down a mountain pass and drive over an hour to see her/pick her up. All, jmo of course.
My opinion is that neither KB or PF were distance challenged. Am I missing something? IMO

Not necessarily. IMO, if arrested, CO would share the news with us. There’s no reason to conceal her arrest, that I can think of.
As far as protection, what on earth does she or anyone need protection from unless there is another person we have yet to hear of. A person ready to kill! After searching diligently, I can’t find any documentation regarding “protecting” a witness in a crime like this. There’s hundreds if not thousands of murder cases in the court system. Witnesses are walking around, without protection.
Jmo
Exactly! The Federal Witness Protection program has added an average of about 177 witnesses per year, over the history of the program. The United States Attorney General must approve every witness protected. The two most frequent categories are witnesses against racketeering/organized crime and witnesses against terrorism. The states of California, Connecticut, Illinois, New York and Texas, plus Washington the District of Columbia, have their own witness protection programs. The states of Idaho and Colorado do not.
United States Federal Witness Protection Program - Wikipedia

My opinion is that neither KB or PF were distance challenged. Am I missing something? IMO
She had a lot on her plate, was the comment made by CB in her interview. Maybe KB was tired of being on the road for three hours a day. imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member