CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem so unfair.

KK has something in common with every person who's participated in premeditated murder...She believes her needs, rights, desires, feelings, etc. are more important than anyone else's.

KK was fearful? I'd love to ask her what about KB's fears? KK put herself first. And now that same self-serving trait she shares with others like her is benefiting the prosecution. She's looking out for herself and giving them everything they need to nail PF. So I guess there's the silver lining. Ugh.

I hope a civil lawsuit is filed against her and I'll be shocked if the Judge agrees to no prison time whatsoever. Such a sentence isn't justice for the victim or her family. I also hope the feds file charges tied to the telephone fraud, possession of the phone and the texts. KK's actions delayed law enforcement getting involved and it should be taken seriously by the courts.

JMO
Whew, finally caught up. Several posters are saying this, too.

Nov 24 was the Saturday when it is believed KKL was at the Sonic in WP. But it is also believed per the R's interviews that KKL took the phone to ID and sent the texts.

I am going to posit that this charge is the limit of CO charges, or at least the limit to that specific date 11/24, when she was within the state of CO and committed a specific crime. I think she left CO on the evening if 11/24.

IMO that leaves the door open for federal crimes committed across state lines and perhaps any crime committed in Idaho on 11/25 or after. The deals would have to be separate for CO, ID and Feds.

So the CO charges may be a freebie, with the DA knowing KKL will go down for federal wire fraud or other communications charges, or transporting evidence across state lines.

Ha!<modsnipped off topic>

Whoops.

We ain’t gonna be that lucky here. Unfortunately.
<modsnipped>

This case involves premeditated murder which also can carry the death penalty. I don't see KK getting no prison time. I think she'll get the max for the charge.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnipped>

This case involves premeditated murder which also can carry the death penalty. I don't see KK getting no prison time. I think she'll get the max for the charge.

JMO
At this point, and it pains me to say this, I think it’s more likely that she serves no jail time, than anything near the maximum.

That’s if the current charge is all she is facing.

Cooperation goes a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nov 24 was the Saturday when it is believed KKL was at the Sonic in WP. But it is also believed per the R's interviews that KKL took the phone to ID and sent the texts.

I am going to posit that this charge is the limit of CO charges, or at least the limit to that specific date 11/24, when she was within the state of CO and committed a specific crime. I think she left CO on the evening if 11/24.

IMO that leaves the door open for federal crimes committed across state lines and perhaps any crime committed in Idaho on 11/25 or after. The deals would have to be separate for CO, ID and Feds.

So the CO charges may be a freebie, with the DA knowing KKL will go down for federal wire fraud or other communications charges, or transporting evidence across state lines.
I totally agree. I think the woman conspired with PF to commit murder and that there is plenty of evidence to support federal charges.

JMO

I think that no matter the ultimate outcome here, none of us is going to be truly happy about whatever deal may have been struck.

In the best case scenario, she was minimally involved, and will play a role in bringing the mastermind down.

But we’ll still probably be left with a bitter taste.

That’s just the reality.
Sadly, I believe you are correct.

At this point, and it pains me to say this, I think it’s more likely that she serves no jail time, than anything near the maximum.

I don't agree with you for the simple reason that neither the jury nor the judge will find her credible if there is zero jail time. Zero jail time equates with no consequences for actions. I sure don't agree that the prosecutor agreed to zero consequences. That is a giant leap I'm not ready to take.

JMO

I don't agree with you for the simple reason that neither the jury nor the judge will find her credible if there is zero jail time. Zero jail time equates with no consequences for actions. I sure don't agree that the prosecutor agreed to zero consequences. That is a giant leap I'm not ready to take.

JMO

I don't think the jury will be told what her final sentencing will be. That won't even be finalized until after his trial, as far as I have seen in past cases.

They are not going to formally sentence her until she has followed through with her witness testimony, as promised. So her sentence will not be determined at the time the jury is present.

If a case is sealed, does that prevent locals or anyone else that's interested from attending the session?
There is a standing court order limiting use of the Teller County Courthouse for anything that goes on there, due to the building's age, size and structure. On the hallways and entryways, it's a public building. I would imagine that open areas are still open to the public in limited numbers. My understanding of a sealed case is that no one is allowed inside the courtroom except participants, but I continue to be amazed at every little twist and turn in this case. IMO

I don't think the jury will be told what her final sentencing will be. That won't even be finalized until after his trial, as far as I have seen in past cases.

They are not going to formally sentence her until she has followed through with her witness testimony, as promised. So her sentence will not be determined at the time the jury is present.
If she pleads guilty, there isn't going to be a jury. Sentencing will be determined within narrow latitudes by sentencing guidelines and will include factors for prior criminal record, mitigating factors, etc IMO

If she pleads guilty, there isn't going to be a jury. Sentencing will be determined within narrow latitudes by sentencing guidelines and will include factors for prior criminal record, mitigating factors, etc IMO

No, I mean HIS jury trial.[ I was responding to a post discussing whether the jury would believe her testimony if she got no prison time. ]

I think that no matter the ultimate outcome here, none of us is going to be truly happy about whatever deal may have been struck.

In the best case scenario, she was minimally involved, and will play a role in bringing the mastermind down.

But we’ll still probably be left with a bitter taste.

That’s just the reality.

Yes. My eye is on the prize though. I want him to go down with no way to wiggle out.

But of course she needs to pay for what she was involved in- whatever that may be. It certainly seems like something more than being forced to do something out of fear.

I hope she faces a lawsuit by the Berreths. If she has any assets. And it looks like her career is over.

Thank you to all the nurses who educated me about the nursing board and how that all works! I didn't get a chance to reply and thank you before the thread closed!

Her attorneys would know if any other possible charges could be filed.

Any deal she makes will consider that.

I completely agree, there is no way she is going to get off totally. No way, no how. Anybody with half a mind knows she’s complicit in more ways then one. She’ll just get a reduced sentence in my opinion.

I can only hope that the charge is what she has pled down to from a higher charge and that she will do time if she was involved. If she, for example, took the phone and disposed of it in another state or sent texts from it, tampering is light. And it would be a shame that she avoids any time.

But if it helps nail his coffin, I will take it. For sure.

I will never forget his sinister face as he stared down the media. And you know, all she's got is to go back to what seems to me was already a pretty threadbare life, now made vastly more hopeless: a very average-looking single mom who is so truly desperate for a man that she is willing to do God knows what to assist someone in harming a fellow mom, in the vain attempt to win the affections of a bitterly cruel mama's boy with nothing much to speak of except a hobby ranchette and part-time work.

But at least then she had a career. Apparently now that's pretty much guaranteed to be over. As well as anything remotely good about her reputation. And any hope of ever meeting someone decent in the future.

Her life was threadbare then. It's going to be bleaker than you know what now. Pathetic woman.

There is a standing court order limiting use of the Teller County Courthouse for anything that goes on there, due to the building's age, size and structure. On the hallways and entryways, it's a public building. I would imagine that open areas are still open to the public in limited numbers. My understanding of a sealed case is that no one is allowed inside the courtroom except participants, but I continue to be amazed at every little twist and turn in this case. IMO

It's amazing to me that CO allows secret cases like this. Seems super unconstitutional. The public has a vested interest in watching justice unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm