CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep popping back in every now and then.
Read this on the prior thread.

So basically all charges in the case so far rely on the word of the “other woman”. I hope they have some physical evidence...…

IMO, I don't think we need to worry about that.
This person's word is definitely not all they have. Again, IMO, she helped A LOT.
Still, there's the person from the dump who tipped off LE, about PF's trip there, which sent LE to KB's home in the first place.
There's also, IMO, a reason we haven't seen the rest of the shopping trip.

Posts were made about there being a third person, and, I'm gonna whole heartedly agree with that. Of, course my opinion.
I could be wrong about the trip to the dump playing a huge part in the case, but, IF it did, PF had 2 other people unloading the items. He stayed in the truck.
Not saying these guys had ANY knowledge whatsoever, but, IMO, appears PF wanted someone else to do his dirty work during all of this.
Like soliciting KK/KL to commit the murder of KB.

I'm in no way sticking up for the dirt bag. I just don't know if he's man enough to do this, then, take responsibility for his actions.

It's amazing to me that CO allows secret cases like this. Seems super unconstitutional. The public has a vested interest in watching justice unfold.

We do know quite a lot. We just don’t have the specifics, and won’t until this goes to trial.

I don’t want to know anything that could hurt the prosecution’s case.

This person's word is definitely not all they have. Again, IMO, she helped A LOT.
Still, there's the person from the dump who tipped off LE, about PF's trip there, which sent LE to KB's home in the first place.

I believe the initial search of the F property took place on December 14, and the dump run was on about the 17th. KB’s property had been searched earlier (they went back after the dump run).

I suspect he did not get out of the truck because the press was following him most places.

It seems like a long time to wait before dumping evidence, but who knows. I hope they found something.

JMO

Whew, finally caught up. Several posters are saying this, too.

Nov 24 was the Saturday when it is believed KKL was at the Sonic in WP. But it is also believed per the R's interviews that KKL took the phone to ID and sent the texts.

I am going to posit that this charge is the limit of CO charges, or at least the limit to that specific date 11/24, when she was within the state of CO and committed a specific crime. I think she left CO on the evening if 11/24.

IMO that leaves the door open for federal crimes committed across state lines and perhaps any crime committed in Idaho on 11/25 or after. The deals would have to be separate for CO, ID and Feds.

So the CO charges may be a freebie, with the DA knowing KKL will go down for federal wire fraud or other communications charges, or transporting evidence across state lines.
That makes sense. She would be tried in ID for crimes committed there, wouldn't she?

Because she's scared, dontcha know. He got the Rodeo Mafia to do his bidding. Snitches get stitches and all that stuff. Insert huge dose of sarcasm.

LOL It's a little late for THAT "afraid" card after Tweedledee and TweedleDUMB (the Idaho lawyers that were silenced) blabbed :) (just saying). And I will reiterate, KK wasn't afraid when she drove back to Idaho (presumably) alone and did what she did with KB's personal things. He wasn't holding her at gunpoint when she chose not to go to LE when she left Colorado with the goods. moo

Yes. My eye is on the prize though. I want him to go down with no way to wiggle out.

But of course she needs to pay for what she was involved in- whatever that may be. It certainly seems like something more than being forced to do something out of fear.

I hope she faces a lawsuit by the Berreths. If she has any assets. And it looks like her career is over.

Thank you to all the nurses who educated me about the nursing board and how that all works! I didn't get a chance to reply and thank you before the thread closed!
I will breath a sigh of relief when the ID board of nursing makes their decision. Currently she's not on their agenda, but the board did meet in executive session with the DA and several others this past month which leads me to believe they were gathering information from LE about KL. The only other issue is if KL is convicted of a felony, after she has served her time she can apply to reinstate her license. I'm hoping they actually revoke her license, rather than suspend it. And I hope once revoked, they don't choose to reinstate it.

I believe the initial search of the F property took place on December 14, and the dump run was on about the 17th. KB’s property had been searched earlier (they went back after the dump run).

I suspect he did not get out of the truck because the press was following him most places.

It seems like a long time to wait before dumping evidence, but who knows. I hope they found something.

JMO

My apologies. I knew they went to KB's place. Need to clarify that it was the SECOND time. THEN, LE went again on the eve of the 19th/20th after the visit to the dump. Said they collected some evidence/things of that nature at the dump. Went back to KB's. Large pieces of evidence removal began after THAT trip.

IMO, he didn't get out of the truck to avoid media. People TOLD KRDO news. LE were tipped off by someone at the dump remembering him there.

Last edited:

So basically all charges in the case so far rely on the word of the “other woman”. I hope they have some physical evidence...…

Posts were made about there being a third person, and, I'm gonna whole heartedly agree with that. Of, course my opinion.
I could be wrong about the trip to the dump playing a huge part in the case, but, IF it did, PF had 2 other people unloading the items. He stayed in the truck.
Not saying these guys had ANY knowledge whatsoever, but, IMO, appears PF wanted someone else to do his dirty work during all of this.

I'm in no way sticking up for the dirt bag. I just don't know if he's man enough to do this, then, take responsibility for his actions.

***EDIT: LE went to KB's before dump information. Then, LE went back to KB's after trip to dump and removed pieces of evidence on that SECOND trip to her home.

Last edited:
My thoughts this morning is how utterly shocking it must have been for poor innocent KB to have been confronted by the monster that was there to do her in. On Thanksgiving day no less.

She was totally blindsided and had no idea he and others had planned her demise.

KB is a woman that uprooted herself and moved close to a guy to try to make things workout with him and the child they had together. And what is her reward for that? The coward monster plans and schemes with others to kill her. Its diabolical. :(

I too hope KK gets some serious jail time for the serious scheming and actions she participated in. The things she did are very serious crimes IMO even if it was just driving the phone back to Idaho, sending false texts, and smashing it. And I'm still not 100 percent convinced that was all she did. No matter what it was, it helped PF facilitate a murder for goodness sakes. :(

Last edited:
There is a standing court order limiting use of the Teller County Courthouse for anything that goes on there, due to the building's age, size and structure. On the hallways and entryways, it's a public building. I would imagine that open areas are still open to the public in limited numbers. My understanding of a sealed case is that no one is allowed inside the courtroom except participants, but I continue to be amazed at every little twist and turn in this case. IMO

This is an excellent article about sealed cases in Colorado, Here's a brief explanation on do's and don'ts taken from the link below

"Although courtrooms remain open to the public, including hearings for suppressed cases, the only way to know when a hearing is to occur is to be there when it is scheduled. A Denver Post reporter happened to attend one hearing in which a murder suspect pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, and no public record of the event existed. The only way to learn the defendant’s name was to be there when the judge announced it.
According to interviews and analysis of cases that were later opened to the public, the reasons behind a suppression order are varied: Prosecutors don’t want to alarm other members of a drug ring as they’re being rounded up; the case involves a juvenile defendant; or law enforcement says a criminal investigation is ongoing. Civil cases have been suppressed as well, typically — though not all — to shield victims of abuse or sexual assaults from publicity."

It's my understanding that a sealed case is open to public at hearings, but the public cannot view the case itself until the seal is broken.

Shrouded justice: Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view on judges’ orders – The Denver Post

Last edited:
There is a standing court order limiting use of the Teller County Courthouse for anything that goes on there, due to the building's age, size and structure. On the hallways and entryways, it's a public building. I would imagine that open areas are still open to the public in limited numbers. My understanding of a sealed case is that no one is allowed inside the courtroom except participants, but I continue to be amazed at every little twist and turn in this case. IMO
Thank you, Dave! I guess I'm just hoping some of the proceeding on Friday will leak out so we have a better understanding of what happened.

This is an excellent article about sealed cases in Colorado, Here's a brief explanation on do's and don'ts taken from the link below

"Although courtrooms remain open to the public, including hearings for suppressed cases, the only way to know when a hearing is to occur is to be there when it is scheduled. A Denver Post reporter happened to attend one hearing in which a murder suspect pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, and no public record of the event existed. The only way to learn the defendant’s name was to be there when the judge announced it.
According to interviews and analysis of cases that were later opened to the public, the reasons behind a suppression order are varied: Prosecutors don’t want to alarm other members of a drug ring as they’re being rounded up; the case involves a juvenile defendant; or law enforcement says a criminal investigation is ongoing. Civil cases have been suppressed as well, typically — though not all — to shield victims of abuse or sexual assaults from publicity."

It's my understanding that a sealed case is open to public at hearings, but the public cannot view the case itself until the seal is broken.

Shrouded justice: Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view on judges’ orders – The Denver Post

Then this case won't remained sealed based on the criteria, unless they are still investigating for a third person and don't want them to know what they have. I honestly think if there was a third person they would have him/her already because KK is talking. So either no third person or we will find out he/she has been charged and done a plea deal, unbeknownst to us, once the case is unsealed.

Hopefully on the 19th, but maybe later..

There was someone to be interviewed on KMVT that the FBI stopped as well. It obviously sounds like her family wants to talk.

Then this case won't remained sealed based on the criteria, unless they are still investigating for a third person and don't want them to know what they have. I honestly think if there was a third person they would have him/her already because KK is talking. So either no third person or we will find out he/she has been charged and done a plea deal, unbeknownst to us, once the case is unsealed.

Hopefully on the 19th, but maybe later..
I believe the DA said the judge would decide if the case would remain sealed on the hearing scheduled 1-29 that was rescheduled 2-19, I'm assuming that's still the case for 2-19.

Good Morning,

I am wondering that too because her picture has already been posted and still on the computer everywhere.
What is the big secret now?

eta Good Morning! :)

Exactly, and they have shown KK's face on the news here locally before. Now, it's blurred out.. like a child's.

I actually think the evidence in this case will be more direct evidence such as eye witness and direct statement of witnesses with PF of his intent which is often more convincing than circumstantial evidence of physical evidence even DNA which is circumstantial, just my take based on what we have heard so far.

I actually think the evidence in this case will be more direct evidence such as eye witness and direct statement of witnesses with PF of his intent which is often more convincing than circumstantial evidence of physical evidence even DNA which is circumstantial, just my take based on what we have heard so far.

I am still wondering what would compel the DA to give such a plea deal that they are willing to overlook a murder charge and reduce the charges down to tampering with evidence? Perhaps one of our helpful attorneys could shed some light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm