CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this request for discovery alone, without the rumors of her entering a plea on 2/8, it might appear they’re preparing for trial on the charge. But I think it’s more likely her attorney is just fulfilling her right to discovery. She is very obviously going to be a prosecution witness. The summons and complaint outlines the single charge, which is likely pled down, and the entry of appearance is just her attorney formally announcing that she is the attorney of record. I think it’s more likely that they just want everything the DA has that the defendant is entitled to.

And lots of billable hours for the attorney!

I recall it was CB's direct quote in TV interview about KB's "hair not being fixed yet" and which surprised CB. It doesn't follow that would come from her brother, and doubt it did!

Begin about 8:00/8:21 for CB quote specific to KB appearance in Safeway video.
Yes. Her brother said when he looked through her apartment, nothing was missing or out of place except her purse and her phone. He mentioned her luggage, makeup and toothbrush were untouched, that she wouldn't go on a trip without those things.

Good morning :) Cold, extra windy and snow today in Colorado Springs! Weirdly, so far, there is ZERO news about KK and her Friday court appearance, on any channel. Must be old news already.

Good morning :) Cold, extra windy and snow today in Colorado Springs! Weirdly, so far, there is ZERO news about KK and her Friday court appearance, on any channel. Must be old news already.
The calm before the storm. So far, KK is the only one who is talking and I'm hoping she's been talking a great deal.

Don't know why, but, I'm getting a bad feeling she's gonna plead not guilty, or, change her mind about whatever deal she made.

Me too. I'm not so sure that the Daily Mail reporting about this "plea deal" was accurate and that they didn't pay the family for their "opinion" of Friday's upcoming proceedings. Just my thoughts.

Don't know why, but, I'm getting a bad feeling she's gonna plead not guilty, or, change her mind about whatever deal she made.
Any atty would have filed that paperwork, it's just protection for any other issues that might be on the horizon. It also gives KK some choices if there is a plea deal on the table. In the same way that the plea deal will have clauses to protect the prosecution, she's putting out protections for herself. Remember that atty's are bound to do the best for their clients or they can be sued so I can't imagine any atty taking on KK and not making that filing as a CYA move.

This doesn’t sound much like a plea deal to me.

Me neither.
About the only thing short of jail time that "may" make me happy is if they tack on 5 years of Community Service cleaning all the horse stalls and toilets at every Rodeo location she has ever participated in.

And on weekends she would have to wash and wax all the planes at the airport KB worked at.

Thanks for this post. This is what I am expecting. I’ve never thought she’d get jail time. We will see. And maybe I missed our group talk on other having “come forward” after the Rockstahl interview but being “silenced by the fbi”
Idaho nurse linked to Berreth fiance due in court Friday in Colorado
The probation and fine stuff is coming from the Daily Mail, I believe. My take on this is that the Judge has the final word on this and is probably going to go along with the prosecution's request for probation and fine but it is not set in stone yet. I am sure they want to get the nurse's legal court work out of the way so they can contiinue the farrier's court work in the pipeline and not be working on both the farrier's trial and nurse's legal battles at the same time.

Me neither.
About the only thing short of jail time that "may" make me happy is if they tack on 5 years of Community Service cleaning all the horse stalls and toilets at every Rodeo location she has ever participated in.

And on weekends she would have to wash and wax all the planes at the airport KB worked at.
Personally, I've always thought that working at a battered women's shelter might teach her some empathy. But then again, if she'd ever had empathy she would have at least called KB and told her that PF was soliciting people to murder her.

Looking at this request for discovery alone, without the rumors of her entering a plea on 2/8, it might appear they’re preparing for trial on the charge. But I think it’s more likely her attorney is just fulfilling her right to discovery. She is very obviously going to be a prosecution witness. The summons and complaint outlines the single charge, which is likely pled down, and the entry of appearance is just her attorney formally announcing that she is the attorney of record. I think it’s more likely that they just want everything the DA has that the defendant is entitled to.
Thanks for your insight.

I guess this is an unfortunate hazard that comes along with a prosecution witness also facing charges of her own.

I don’t like the idea of Krystal knowing everything the LE/defense has before she testifies. I understand it’s her right, in this case. But it seems that it would influence her witness testimony.

Meaning, she won’t tell ALL that she knows. She will just tell all that she knows regarding what LE already has evidence of.

MOO

ETA- but perhaps they already have on record the only info. she was ever going to divulge anyway, so the demand for discovery is a moot point? (In terms of details revealed in her witness testimony).

Last edited:
I really just needed to take a break for the day. I'm back. I'm used to the vitriol, honestly. People in this country do not like law enforcement and unfortunately DAs fall into that category.

There are bad/lazy/corrupt people in every profession. We don't stop going to church because some priests molest children, we don't stop sending our kids to school because some teachers rape their students. It's unreal to assume that the DA here is just looking for the fast, cheapest, least amount of work necessary way to get this case taken care of.

He said at the press conference in December that this case wouldn't be tried in the media, and it hasn't. For that alone I have a ton of respect. To assume that just because we don't know certain details surrounding this plea deal (or any other aspect of the case) means he's taking the easy way out is ridiculous.

It is very much possible that the only ILLEGAL (not immoral) thing that KK did was transporting the phone. If so, and she could have faced an accessory after the fact charge had she refused to cooperate, but is now going to get a tampering charge in exchange for full cooperation, that is fantastic. Imagine she refused to talk and they had nothing to stick her with except for the accessory charge. She'd go to prison for 2-6 years and that would be that. But she wouldn't testify against PF, and then what? If she is the nail in his coffin, then give her the tampering charge.

I know we all despise her because she knew. She's disgusting and immoral. Frankly, I'd love to give her a piece of my mind. BUT, the DA cannot charge her for knowing. It's simply not a crime. And if all she really did do was transport the phone, then I think it's a sweet deal for the DA frankly. Have some faith, until there's reason not to.

Welcome back. :)

I missed the vitriol you are referring to, but I understand your need for a break.

From everything I have seen, read and heard from the DA this far, I am impressed. He seems highly professional, organized and motivated. IMO, he does not at all strike me as someone who would take the easy way out.

Oh, no. She is going to assist the DA as agreed. I think by now the love part of this has disappeared. Lesson learned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89