CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PommyMommy,
You are incredible for all your posts and keeping us up to date.

I just cannot keep up with all the intelligent posts here. And trying to understand the legalities in court filings is way over my head. Lawyers must make it that way just to confuse us layfolks. :eek:

With Krystal heading to CO for Friday’s hearing, I can not get this darn song out of my head...

She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes
She'll be coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain when she comes
{oh we all go out to meet her when she comes}
{She'll be wearing pink pajamas (or handcuffs) when she comes}.....etc.

I will be gone all day Friday. I’m counting on my WS peeps to get some good screen shots. ;) TIA

With Krystal heading to CO for Friday’s hearing, I can not get this darn song out of my head...

She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes
She'll be coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain when she comes
{oh we all go out to meet her when she comes}
{She'll be wearing pink pajamas (or handcuffs) when she comes}.....etc.

I will be gone all day Friday. I’m counting on my WS peeps to get some good screen shots. ;) TIA

LOL Sweet, ty for the bedtime laugh :)

Okay so Let the old woman get it straight in her head. This Friday is the advisement hearing for the CR case. She doesn't show up and there's a warrant for her arrest. The discovery is being requested in advance in preparation for the CR case.
My question is now, is this request being made as a cya in case she decides not to plead guilty? and have I got this straight now?

The Discovery Demand looks typical. The paragraph in question is just reasserting her rights not to self-incriminate.

But wouldn't KK's lawyer already have to actually know what was in the discovery in order for her to know how to plea? If so, then that makes the plea deal story.. well, it's not adding up imo. eta and why so soon when it's just an Advisement hearing? So many questions..

No, and I've really looked too. Which makes me think it's her family's "news" sold to the DM

GMA / ABC NEWS & Clayton Sandell

A nurse from Twin Falls, Idaho, is expected to plead guilty to at least one charge in connection to the case of missing Colorado mother and flight instructor Kelsey Berreth, ABC News has learned.

Krystal Lee, 32, is scheduled to appear in a Colorado courtroom Friday to enter a plea deal with prosecutors, according to two of Lee's relatives who spoke anonymously because the deal hasn't been publicly announced. Family members said Lee has been cooperating with investigators, who have been looking into allegations she may have disposed of evidence.
Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

Video report at link above.

A nurse from Twin Falls, Idaho, is expected to plead guilty to at least one charge in connection to the case of missing Colorado mother and flight instructor Kelsey Berreth, ABC News has learned.

Krystal Lee, 32, is scheduled to appear in a Colorado courtroom Friday to enter a plea deal with prosecutors, according to two of Lee's relatives who spoke anonymously because the deal hasn't been publicly announced. Family members said Lee has been cooperating with investigators, who have been looking into allegations she may have disposed of evidence.

Thank you for this reminder!

The report in question - needing another news source - is the Daily Mail's report that KK is going to plead guilty and be given a sentence of probation and a fine.

Talk about being confused. . .

So was this plea deal offered to KKL to get her to talk and give LE more information against PF?

Therefore, LE or the DA had to lower the charge to a felony 6 to keep KKL out of jail? I sure hope she gave LE the information needed to seal PF’s prison cage!

Authorities connect Twin Falls, Idaho woman to murder of ex-Warden woman

"UPDATE 7:25 p.m. - At 3:12 p.m., the 4th Judicial District Attorney in Teller County announced that Krystal Lee, a suspected accomplice in the murder of Kelsey Berreth, will appear in court for a hearing on Friday Feb. 8. Lee faces one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or a $2,500 fine. "

On Friday, KK faces one count of Tampering with Physical Evidence, a Class 6 Felony.

I believe the the tampering charge represents part of the plea deal, and any charges not pursued, for her cooperation, are sealed like the rest of this case.

MOO

Nope not here in CO if LE doesn't want it public.
yeah, the mugshot not being present at this time seems to fit the arrest, if there was one, being on the downlow to protect the witnesses. or witness. it does not mean, imo, there is no mugshot just that it has not been released by LE. i do not see the motions today as anyway a recant of previous statements KK made to LE which were used to bring this charge. i see it as though now she knows that she is officially in CO court jurisdiction and her somewhat new CO legal team is covering all bases going foward. but, hey, i'm not a lawyer in CO so my opinions are just that, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234