CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, there is already a case filed with her name on it, a CR case. She has to be in custody doesn't she?

Here in CO they don't have to say one way or the other if she has been or not. They did say on the news that sh e was traveling here for her court date on Friday though.

So she has a high powered attorney? Hmmm, must have felt pretty guilty, as if she might need one.

Guess we can’t fault a guilty party for hiring an attorney.

Unless the attorney is doing this pro bono, IMO, she will be assigned an defense attorney, otherwise the cost will be out of sight. Just how will she pay for This, and other bills she may have? Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Well, we need a lawyer! :) Friday, she's supposed to plead. But with a request for discovery, that sounds like a continuance on Friday???? (I'm so old and tired here) o_O
STOP THE PRESS!

KK's hearing on Friday is an advisement hearing, not an arraignment.

1. What happens during an advisement hearing in Colorado criminal court?
An advisement hearing is usually your first court appearance in the Colorado criminal court process. This is where the judge may:

• advise the accused of what crimes he or she is suspected of committing,
  • advise the accused of the charges the district attorney (DA) plans to prosecute,
  • ask if the accused has an attorney, and
  • set bond for the accused.
Advisement hearings may vary by county. A suspect may appear for one or two advisement hearings, and an advisement hearing may be combined with a bond hearing.

An “advisement hearing” and “arraignment” are not the same thing. The advisement hearing is to tell the suspect about the investigation or possible charges. The arraignment is when the suspect enters a plea.

"Advisement hearings" in Colorado criminal court cases.

If I understand correctly, she's been summoned to appear to answer the charge and if she doesn't show up, a warrant for her arrest would be issued. Without an arrest, is there a mugshot?

Thanks for clearing that muddy water for me!

Unless the attorney is doing this pro bono, IMO, she will be assigned an defense attorney, otherwise the cost will be out of sight. Just how will she pay for This, and other bills she may have? Will be interesting to see what unfolds.
The poster I was replying to said she KKL’s attorney had just won a case for a man accused of murder and it was a high profile case so I am assuming she has money.

Did that come from the DM article? I'm so confused as to what it all REALLY means at this point. But, I can't wait to see her Friday morning :)
I didn’t read in from a DM article, nor did I read it here at WS. I just cannot remember where. I’m no help. It was MSM though.

I feel LE and the DA have been very thorough, but i have a question for the legal professionals. We were talking about Karla Homolka earlier, her willing participation in the murders was discovered later due to videos that were found. If LE/DA find out down the line that KK had more participation in KB's death than previously believed, can they pull back any part of the plea bargain/agreement?

It depends on the plea agreement. The DA is not going to waive her involvement in a homicide so she could be tried for any violation to law. The plea would be specific to probation and not jail time for this felony 6 charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234