CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine it is standard but the discovery demand makes the cynic in me think KKL wants to make sure she is sticking to the story to already told LE. JMO.
Agree. KK has a lawyer, and without discovery, she'd be entering a deal blindly. If he advised her without it, he should be fired immediately. Don't ever want KK left in favor of a technicality! MOO

When a the board meets for situations like this and there is criminal behavior to consider, the "moral turpitude" clause is an add-on. It's the nail in the coffin really, and more or less closes the door. The felony is enough to suspend a license, but when the crime is considered really vile, then the board will add the charge of moral turpitude. So in the sense that a felony charge would suspend her license until her time is served (and possibly her license would be revoked) a civil trial on the issue would add to the board's necessity to levy the moral turpitude charge. A license revoked on that additional basis is really impossible to work around. I've never seen a license revoked on that additional basis of moral turpitude ever be reinstated.

Thank you so much. That's very detailed and comprehensive. And good news.

I hope she's ruined.

You are, but I don’t think that’s what happened.

I think he did this himself, and he’s also the only one who knows where Kelsey’s body is.

But don’t you think it is odd to see a defendant not speak at all for so long a time? That has to be really hard, unless PF has nerves of steel. Once KKL is charged with anything, seems like he would be quick to speak up and make an admission. His only chance is with a rogue juror.

I am not sure there is a body to find. I don’t mean to be gross, but I don’t believe he dumped her. If he did this on his own, I believe he destroyed her.

From the ARCHIVES, the 1st thread:
"It makes us wonder what she's doing up there, or what the phone is, potentially, because she may not be there," Adams said. 'It could just be a false ping, or it could be the actual last location for the activity of that phone,' Woodland Park police Commander Chris Adams told KEPR-TV.“
Colorado flight instructor, 29, last seen at a grocery store on Thanksgiving vanishes | Daily Mail Online

So did LE really believe it was a 'false ping'? Or were they messing with the suspects? Did they know about KK already?
BBM
I wonder if the CBI already had wiretaps in place at that point and were trying to raise anxiety to flush out some incriminating conversations among the conspirators...

But don’t you think it is odd to see a defendant not speak at all for so long a time? That has to be really hard, unless PF has nerves of steel. Once KKL is charged with anything, seems like he would be quick to speak up and make an admission. His only chance is with a rogue juror.

I am not sure there is a body to find. I don’t mean to be gross, but I don’t believe he dumped her. If he did this on his own, I believe he destroyed her.

Yeah most defendants speak. Those who don't indeed have nerves of steel. I think we saw that with him and his behavior with the media.

IMO this is a man with little anxiety and a lot of confidence. He doesn't have a need for approval so he isn't cozying up to LE and talking to them like dingbat Watts.

I also suspect that he has always been able to get his mother to believe and defend him and protect him no matter what he's done, and that's all he's cared about for the most part because it's how he's survived. So he knows how to keep his mouth shut with most everyone else (exception would be romantic partners he's been able to fool) because he's had the experience that others won't fall for his b.s.

I don’t think it’s “nerves of steel,” as much as complete arrogance, with a dash of sociopathy.

He didn’t try to play the part of an innocent man at any point here. He basically challenged law enforcement to build a case.

They did.

Just because we are going to (almost certainly) see a mountain of evidence against him, doesn’t mean that he will be capable of seeing it the same way.

I think he’ll fight this no matter what, and admit to nothing at any point.

If he gets spectacularly lucky and happens upon a “rogue juror,” fine.

We’ll just do this again.

Yeah most defendants speak. Those who don't indeed have nerves of steel. I think we saw that with him and his behavior with the media.

IMO this is a man with little anxiety and a lot of confidence. He doesn't have a need for approval so he isn't cozying up to LE and talking to them like dingbat Watts.

I also suspect that he has always been able to get his mother to believe and defend him and protect him no matter what he's done, and that's all he's cared about for the most part because it's how he's survived. So he knows how to keep his mouth shut with most everyone else (exception would be romantic partners he's been able to fool) because he's had the experience that others won't fall for his b.s.
Self preservation more than nerve I think

I've never heard of filing an answer in a criminal matter but they always ask for the discovery. Which has to be given within a certain time by the prosecution. They're usually slow with it through which drives the defense crazy.
I think the question that is being asked is whether or not the demand for discovery would still occur in a case where a plea deal has been arranged beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute