CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, Jethro. The wording in the discovery demand has caused some of us non-legal experts to wonder if KKL could be backing out of the plea deal.
Or even if there is one. Obviously, without input from either a prosecutor or a defense attorney, it is difficult to know if the defense proceeds as if the case is still going forward despite any plea agreement that may exist.

I don’t think it’s “nerves of steel,” as much as complete arrogance, with a dash of sociopathy.

He didn’t try to play the part of an innocent man at any point here. He basically challenged law enforcement to build a case.

They did.

Just because we are going to (almost certainly) see a mountain of evidence against him, doesn’t mean that he will be capable of seeing it the same way.

I think he’ll fight this no matter what, and admit to nothing at any point.

If he gets spectacularly lucky and happens upon a “rogue juror,” fine.

We’ll just do this again.
That’s so true about him not playing innocent and challenging law enforcement. His first lawyer did say he had cooperated fully with LE and yet he hadn’t. I think you are correct that he will fight this. I hope someday to know what his motive was because he is really behaving as a sociopath. We will all find out at trial, however long that takes.

Yeah most defendants speak. Those who don't indeed have nerves of steel. I think we saw that with him and his behavior with the media.

IMO this is a man with little anxiety and a lot of confidence. He doesn't have a need for approval so he isn't cozying up to LE and talking to them like dingbat Watts.

I also suspect that he has always been able to get his mother to believe and defend him and protect him no matter what he's done, and that's all he's cared about for the most part because it's how he's survived. So he knows how to keep his mouth shut with most everyone else (exception would be romantic partners he's been able to fool) because he's had the experience that others won't fall for his b.s.
When he did speak he told two conflicting accounts regarding Baby K pick up with KB. Made himself the last person to see KB and had no explanation for not contacting LE when KB did not return. This might be why he was advised to not speak.

Oh! They filed an answer to the criminal complaint?

I've never heard of filing an answer in a criminal matter but they always ask for the discovery. Which has to be given within a certain time by the prosecution. They're usually slow with it through which drives the defense crazy.
I can't find the link right now but I believe it was general discovery demand, and her Attorney's Notice of Appearance (not answer). :)

I was reading in earlier posts that some say KKL's face is now blurred in pictures. Are these recent pictures? I'm not finding any with blurs, it's all the same old same old. I would love to see a recent pic of KKL.

It was blurred on local TV this morning. Not in print. eta and NO it appeared to be the usual photo circulating around--the younger one. I found it strange to be blurred out. No mugshots so far, locally.

You are, but I don’t think that’s what happened.

I think he did this himself, and he’s also the only one who knows where Kelsey’s body is.

I agree. Earlier, I was thinking PF killed her, and his dump buddies may have helped dispose of some of the evidence; not necessarily Kelsey's body. KKL may have disposed of more than just the phone.

It was blurred on local TV this morning. Not in print. eta and NO it appeared to be the usual photo circulating around--the younger one. I found it strange to be blurred out. No mugshots so far, locally.

Thank you, but its seems there would be a mugshot. Here in Ohio we have access to the mugshots. Maybe not in Colorado?

Exactly, Jethro. The wording in the discovery demand has caused some of us non-legal experts to wonder if KKL could be backing out of the plea deal.
We don't know that there ever was a plea deal. I have been suspicious that the leak about a "plea deal" came from KKL's family. That came across to me as incredible wishful thinking for such a heinous crime. KKL's attorney won a high profile case against a father/husband accused of murder which was covered extensively in the media. Looks like the "creative" defense attorney is wanting to step once again into the spotlight.

JMO

Or even if there is one. Obviously, without input from either a prosecutor or a defense attorney, it is difficult to know if the defense proceeds as if the case is still going forward despite any plea agreement that may exist.
Just because a general demand for Discovery was made, doesn't mean that they are entitled to or will get what they asked for. I believe her lawyer is doing his job, and can't advise her blindly to take/not take a plea agreement without some information. MOO

Thank you, but its seems there would be a mugshot. Here in Ohio we have access to the mugshots. Maybe not in Colorado?
If I understand correctly, she's been summoned to appear to answer the charge and if she doesn't show up, a warrant for her arrest would be issued. Without an arrest, is there a mugshot?

If KK sent the text to KB’s employer (not saying we know that at this point) that seems a lot more like accessory after the fact than simple tampering with evidence. (MOO) If she sent the text does this indicate how much they need her testimony?

(Edit: corrected is to if)
Looks like LE can prove KK tampered with evidence that would knowingly interfere "eventually" with an investigation/proceedings. Her charge is attached to this evidence on 11/24-25. It looks like it was determined that for this charge this is the extent they can charge. She is not an accessory based on this charge. She may have had prior knowledge but could not be charged. There may be other charges but for now it looks like her involvement was limited though she may have morally broken every law.

We don't know that there ever was a plea deal. I have been suspicious that the leak about a "plea deal" came from KKL's family. That came across to me as incredible wishful thinking for such a heinous crime. KKL's attorney won a high profile case against a father/husband accused of murder which was covered extensively in the media. Looks like the "creative" defense attorney is wanting to step once again into the spotlight.

JMO
So she has a high powered attorney? Hmmm, must have felt pretty guilty, as if she might need one.

Guess we can’t fault a guilty party for hiring an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute