CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel badly if it's her family putting up their land and livestock for this. smh
Do we know it would be her family? She could have assets she's willing to take a loan against too. At the same time, if it isn't her assets alone, and I think most of us can agree she's a pretty heinous person - or at least someone who made some pretty terrible decisions, it seems like she had a pretty mundane, "normal" life before she got pulled into this, so I can understand why her family would want to help her avoid going down for something someone else did, so that she might eventually have a chance at having a life with her children again.

Idaho Nurse Accused of Tampering with Evidence in Case of Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth

Prosecutors in Colorado who already have brought murder charges against Berreth’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, 32, allege that Kenney “destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence” in the case “believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted,” according to the formal charge.

In charging documents obtained by PEOPLE last month, prosecutors state they believe the suspected killing of 29-year-old mother was planned over two months — allegedly by Berreth’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, who stands accused of murder.

The alleged solicitations occurred between Sept. 1 and Nov. 1, 2018, according to the charging documents, which were obtained by PEOPLE.

The status of the Berreth and Frazee’s relationship remains something of a mystery, with relatives saying she had ended the engagement weeks before vanishing. Others have claimed the couple split the day of the alleged killing.

If convicted, Frazee faces life imprisonment as well as a possible death sentence.

BBM. I think there is a strategy in how the DA and LE are approaching this case. There may be someone else on the sidelines who was solicited and reported it. I don't believe all three solicitations were just KKL.

JMO
I agree with you.

I disagree.

There were reports that KK was the one solicited on three occasions, and that makes sense on its face.

She said “no” on atleast one occasion, but apparently warmed up to the idea, atleast to an extent.

Ultimately, it appears that at the very least, she aided him after he committed the murder.

There may have been other people solicited, but the charges that have been levied, likely only relate to attempts made to bring KK into this.

Word of a possible plea deal, perfectly jibes with all of this.

She is cooperating, and is the source of those charges.
MG, there were rumors she was the only one solicited but we aren’t sure. I still think there may be one more involved in this whole deal.

I disagree.

There were reports that KK was the one solicited on three occasions, and that makes sense on its face.

She said “no” on atleast one occasion, but apparently warmed up to the idea, atleast to an extent.

Ultimately, it appears that at the very least, she aided him after he committed the murder.

There may have been other people solicited, but the charges that have been levied, likely only relate to attempts made to bring KK into this.

Word of a possible plea deal, perfectly jibes with all of this.

She is cooperating, and is the source of those charges.

BBM. That's your opinion.
The word of a possible plea deal is rumor put out there by KK's family. I'll believe it when it happens.

JMO

Do we know it would be her family? She could have assets she's willing to take a loan against too. At the same time, if it isn't her assets alone, and I think most of us can agree she's a pretty heinous person - or at least someone who made some pretty terrible decisions, it seems like she had a pretty mundane, "normal" life before she got pulled into this, so I can understand why her family would want to help her avoid going down for something someone else did, so that she might eventually have a chance at having a life with her children again.
If I was her family, I would want to help her and then give her a few straps of a belt so being so STUPID and CRUEL. JMO

Respectfully, the reporting source is a small Eastern WA outlet similar to the local WP outlet which also seems to publish fb comments as facts. In other words -- don't hold your breath! :)

Take note the article referenced above also published incorrect penalty (maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or a $2,500 fine) for the single tampering charge filed against KK.

Correct penalty pursuant to CRS 18-8-610:

3. What are the penalties for tampering with physical evidence?
Tampering with evidence is a class 6 felony in Colorado.3 The penalties for tampering with physical evidence include 12 to 18 months in prison and a fine of up to $100,000. In addition, there is a mandatory 1-year parole period.
Tampering with Physical Evidence - Colorado Law CRS 18-8-610.
I never heard from reporter or paper.

Well, everything is supposed to be sealed. I think the reporters are desperate for info.
Not only desperate, but reckless. "...according to earlier reports." :rolleyes: I lean toward there being a plea deal, but I don't like the way it's being reported at all.
A summons and separate criminal complaint, both obtained by PEOPLE, confirm Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, 32, of Hanson, Idaho, as the suspect in the felony tampering count filed Monday by prosecutors. The charge is believed to be part of a plea deal to which Kenney will plead guilty Friday in Teller County, Colorado, according to earlier reports.
Idaho Nurse Accused of Tampering with Evidence in Case of Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth

Idaho nurse charged with tampering in Berreth case

The criminal complaint against Lee says the alleged tampering with evidence occurred on either Nov. 24 or 25, or both.

“Between and including November 24, 2018 and November 25, 2018, Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its veracity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding,” the document states.

Immediate arrest and hold is mandatory under the Murder in the First Degree statute. It is not mandatory for Class 6 felonies, or a whole range of other Colorado crimes. A convict cannot enter the penal/probation system without the customary "booking", so it will happen eventually. Nowadays, the Hearing on Advisement is more commonly done by utilizing appearance via remote television hookup. If there's a big TV set facing the judge on Friday morning, it's perhaps not there for him to watch GMA.
The case is sealed. I realize that there has been some difficulty in defining exactly what sealed means, but at some point sealed is going to have to mean sealed.

IMO
I believe a sealed case is one that is concealed from the public and can only be seen by a court order. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89