CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Good points.

Makes me wonder if PF had some ****-friends commit a “robbery gone bad” with the intention to kill KB. And this plan was implemented after KK (or whoever the solicitees) declined killing KB at least 3 times.

Or of course, as stated before, the robbery might refer to something that was stolen during the killing. Like a cell phone.
Well, if Plan "A" was to make it look like a robbery gone bad, that didn't pan out too well because they didn't leave the body behind. And, they did a bang up job cleaning the place up! I wish someone would rob my place and clean it up :)

Then there's Plan "B". Tell CB that KB "took off" after they broke up to visit her sick Grandmother. Oops! She forgot to take her car and never showed up! Oh, she didn't pack a suitcase or take her toothbrush and makeup case either. And, if PF figured he could make it look like she already had another guy and left with him, she forgot to put those da@# cinnamon rolls away! Did he seriously think he could get away with this with the help of his numbskull infatuated rodeo sidekick?

I rest my case :)

You're more gracious than I am, 1&2&3, because I think she knew every dirty, disgusting detail before, during AND after.
MOO, MOO, MOO
I agree with you to an extent, although we’re still guessing right now.

Her minimum involvement, could be something like this:

He solicits her multiple times, to which she says no.

She fails to report these solicitations, which isn’t criminal, but is immoral in every way (this is why I have said repeatedly that she is a terrible person).

Ultimately, PF decides to do this on his own.

Following Kelsey’s murder, he disposes of the body, and cleans the crime scene.

He calls KK, and tells her that he needs to see her right away (it’s also possible that she was already planning to visit him over Thanksgiving).

She arrives, and he explains what he wants her to do regarding the cell phone. He also tells her what happened.

She does exactly as instructed.

KK keeps her mouth shut, until contacted by law enforcement. She knows that she is in big trouble, and decides to play ball.

A deal is struck in which she will reveal what she knows, and testify to it in court.

She tells law enforcement what she knows regarding the crime, and directs them to evidence. Something like “he told me he beat her to death in her house.”

This would account for the final search of Kelsey’s home in which evidence was recovered, and the statement that law enforcement believes that she is dead.

Law enforcement investigates KK’s account, and finds it to be truthful.

Deal on.

I’m not saying that I necessarily believe this, but I am open to the possibility of a similar scenario.

What if, PF tried to get KK to do this act through pressure and she said no three times over the couple of months. The events are spread out with intent for each count. The entire time thinking she was going to be the person he framed for it all. This fail through when she refused. He goes to plan B which is this robbery idea or just charge 1 but still needs to alibi himself and frame KK. He calls her and convinces her to take the phone and send the messages; he has it all planned out. His intent is to frame her. She has the phone and it pings where she lives. She figures all this out and decided to tell all she knows. He doesn't know data well enough that LE can still retrieve it without the phone.
Indeed a possible scenario. And fits with PFs MO “Use and Discard.” What he did to KB also but he killed her rather than “just” framed her.

Did they say it before or after PF was charged?

ETA: their interviews were AFTER PF was charged with the three solicitation counts.
Ex Allegedly Asked Nurse Gal Pal to Kill Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth: Report
It is bad enough that he is asking a nurse mom of two to do his bidding but are you thinking he asked three separate people in two months? Unless he is major gang related I don't see that happening. I could be wrong but man that is really asking to be arrested.

She fails to report these solicitations, which isn’t criminal, but is immoral in every way (this is why I have said repeatedly that she is a terrible person).

He calls KK, and tells her that he needs to see her right away (it’s also possible that she was already planning to visit him over Thanksgiving).

She arrives, and he explains what he wants her to do regarding the cell phone. He also tells her what happened.

KK keeps her mouth shut, until contacted by law enforcement. She knows that she is in big trouble, and decides to play ball.

A deal is struck in which she will reveal what she knows, and testify to it in court.

She tells law enforcement what she knows regarding the crime, and directs them to evidence. Something like “he told me he beat her to death in her house.”

This would account for the final search of Kelsey’s home in which evidence was recovered, and the statement that law enforcement believes that she is dead.

Deal on.

I’m not saying that I necessarily believe this, but I am open to the possibility of a similar scenario.

Exactly

Agree that it doesn’t seem child support was PFs issue. Even if it was I don’t think he’d admit to being upset about something that “petty.”

I’ve been thinking he is more about preserving his illusionary image of being a rodeo man who takes care of his momma while being a hands-on father. And then for him to utter with a sad look (with striking similarities to Steve in Blues Clues as MassGuy recently pointed out) “Unfortunately, my baby’s momma just ran off.”

But, what I don’t get is the robbery theory. Maybe I’ve missed something, and if so I’m so curious to understand. Was the “robbery” real as in did he and whoever else try to take KBs money/items?? Was the plan to “only” commit robbery (despite solicitation charges) or what?

The robbery just seems so out of place if PF had been plotting to have KB murdered. Why would you add a robbery scene?

Perhaps LE hasn't released the video of KB leaving the Safeway because the parking lot is where she was accosted by a stranger? Somebody could come up behind her while she was loading groceries, take her phone and purse and threaten her child. KB would be too terrified to call for help because she would want to protect her child.

LE said they needed to speak to additional witnesses and that is why they asked the case be sealed. This was at a time we already knew about KK so my guess is that there is at least one other, more important witness than KK.

@PrairieWind, does the prosecution have to release sealed files to KK's attorney? For awhile, the judge allowed them to keep the arrest affidavit from PF and his attorney. I sure don't believe KK is the only witness or the most important witness.

JMO

Well, if Plan "A" was to make it look like a robbery gone bad, that didn't pan out too well because they didn't leave the body behind. And, they did a bang up job cleaning the place up! I wish someone would rob my place and clean it up :)

Then there's Plan "B". Tell CB that KB "took off" after they broke up to visit her sick Grandmother. Oops! She forgot to take her car and never showed up! Oh, she didn't pack a suitcase or take her toothbrush and makeup case either. And, if PF figured he could make it look like she already had another guy and left with him, she forgot to put those da@# cinnamon rolls away! Did he seriously think he could get away with this with the help of his numbskull infatuated rodeo sidekick?

DA assistant!

Yeah you’re right, both plan A and B lacked intelligence. Plan A seemed to at least show temporary, but superficial, strengths in cleaning up abilities.

It seems to me that robbery would have occurred as a result of the murder, rather than vice versa. Maybe that is what the theory is and what people have said already!

It is bad enough that he is asking a nurse mom of two to do his bidding but are you thinking he asked three separate people in two months? Unless he is major gang related I don't see that happening. I could be wrong but man that is really asking to be arrested.

I'm not sure PF did all the asking. I think it is possible that KK may have done some of his bidding. The Internet can be a very dark place to engage in such transactions.

JMO

Agree that it doesn’t seem child support was PFs issue. Even if it was I don’t think he’d admit to being upset about something that “petty.”

I’ve been thinking he is more about preserving his illusionary image of being a rodeo man who takes care of his momma while being a hands-on father. And then for him to utter with a sad look (with striking similarities to Steve in Blues Clues as MassGuy recently pointed out) “Unfortunately, my baby’s momma just ran off.”

But, what I don’t get is the robbery theory. Maybe I’ve missed something, and if so I’m so curious to understand. Was the “robbery” real as in did he and whoever else try to take KBs money/items?? Was the plan to “only” commit robbery (despite solicitation charges) or what?

The robbery just seems so out of place if PF had been plotting to have KB murdered. Why would you add a robbery scene?

It makes you wonder if PF took any items and gave any of them to KK. This would be good evidence. I think the goal was murder. The robbery must have involved known valuables if it is more than the phone and credit cards. I thought there was a mention of inherited jewelry. So many articles have been incorrect though.

Perhaps LE hasn't released the video of KB leaving the Safeway because the parking lot is where she was accosted by a stranger? Somebody could come up behind her while she was loading groceries, take her phone and purse and threaten her child. KB would be too terrified to call for help because she would want to protect her child.

LE said they needed to speak to additional witnesses and that is why they asked the case be sealed. This was at a time we already knew about KK so my guess is that there is at least one other, more important witness than KK.

@PrairieWind, does the prosecution have to release sealed files to KK's attorney? For awhile, the judge allowed them to keep the arrest affidavit from PF and his attorney. I sure don't believe KK is the only witness or the most important witness.

JMO
Safeways have outdoor surveillance as well. If KB was accosted by someone in the parking lot, the police would have seen it on video and they would have released a description of the person to get public assistance. IMO they didn't show her leaving because there was no reason to, i.e. the best footage to release for identification purposes showed her face.

Deal on.

I pretty much agree with you,MassGuy. Although I still wonder if she wasn't with him to clean the place up. She's the one that's the expert on cleaning up blood. Not him.
But I think what I was speaking to was the fact that these two had known each other forever. And we have to remember that they couldn't keep their mouths shut. So while KK just couldn't go to the police to tell them about the solicitation, she didn't have any trouble telling her girlfriend all about it. And I imagined PF was the same way in telling KK all the details of how KB disappeared.
Bottom line is that I don't have any sympathy in what the courts decide to do with them.
MOO, MOO, MOO

I pretty much agree with you,MassGuy. Although I still wonder if she wasn't with him to clean the place up. She's the one that's the expert on cleaning up blood. Not him.
But I think what I was speaking to was the fact that these two had known each other forever. And we have to remember that they couldn't keep their mouths shut. So while KK just couldn't go to the police to tell them about the solicitation, she didn't have any trouble telling her girlfriend all about it. And I imagined PF was the same way in telling KK all the details of how KB disappeared.
Bottom line is that I don't have any sympathy in what the courts decide to do with them.
MOO, MOO, MOO
Yeah. I’m absolutely open to the possibility that she is more involved than what I theorized, but only up to a point.

I absolutely don’t believe that she drove the plot, or participated in the murder itself.

KK could have stopped this plot in its tracks though, and Kelsey would still be alive. She didn’t, and I think she should be condemed for that.

I’d like to see her punished to the fullest extent possible. That ain’t gonna happen though.

Safeways have outdoor surveillance as well. If KB was accosted by someone in the parking lot, the police would have seen it on video and they would have released a description of the person to get public assistance. IMO they didn't show her leaving because there was no reason to, i.e. the best footage to release for identification purposes showed her face.

LE has released very little in this case. They aren't going to show footage if it doesn't show faces and their robbery theory didn't come out of thin air.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member