CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes you wonder if PF took any items and gave any of them to KK. This would be good evidence. I think the goal was murder. The robbery must have involved known valuables if it is more than the phone and credit cards. I thought there was a mention of inherited jewelry. So many articles have been incorrect though.
I've read conflicting articles about Seventh Day Adventists and jewelry. Because of her faith, I would expect her to have simple jewelry or none. But you never know. And yes, the reporting has been quite inaccurate, even more so than usual, IMHO. And the Rs should never have spoken to the media. They admit that they don't even know KKL, so everything that came out of their mouths was second-hand at best.

LE has released very little in this case. They aren't going to show footage if it doesn't show faces and their robbery theory didn't come out of thin air.

JMO
Law inforcement has indicated that they believe that Kelsey was murdered in her house.

That robbery theory, was in relation to the murder (felony murder).

There is absolutely no indication that a robbery and murder occurred in the Safeway parking lot, and every indication that whatever happened, happened in Kelsey’s house.

Law inforcement has indicated that they believe that Kelsey was murdered in her house.

There is absolutely no indication that a robbery and murder occurred in the Safeway parking lot, and every indication that whatever happened, happened in Kelsey’s house.
There is also (likely) no need to show video of her exiting Safeway. When looking for a missing person, it doesn't have a lot of benefit to see the back of the person. The video was publicized as a "have you seen this person," so the back of her wouldn't serve much purpose.

There is also (likely) no need to show video of her exiting Safeway. When looking for a missing person, it doesn't have a lot of benefit to see the back of the person. The video was publicized as a "have you seen this person," so the back of her wouldn't serve much purpose.
Absolutely true.

“This is what she looked like when she was last seen alive.”

Idaho Nurse Accused of Tampering with Evidence in Case of Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth

Prosecutors in Colorado who already have brought murder charges against Berreth’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, 32, allege that Kenney “destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence” in the case “believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted,” according to the formal charge..
The “mutilation” of cell phone demonstrates malicious intent against a murdered victim and the destruction of criminal evidence. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn’t occur for me to feel badly about whoever is paying for KKs legal expenses. But now that you mention it, I guess I would feel bad for her parents imagining their agony (assuming they are somewhat normal) about what KK has done.

However, before I overindulge myself in compassion and sympathy for people she has hurt I need to ask “Does KK feel badly about the pain she is causing and will continue to cause her parents, children, etc”?

Whatever punishment she gets, will she learn her lesson and have guilt and regrets? Will she change and live a non-criminal life and will she recalibrate her moral compass? If so great. KB never had a chance to learn any more life lessons or to see her baby girl learn her own.
I’m suspicious of who in Kk’s family also knew about the solicitations prior to the murder. Some of them may very well be in the camp with the BFF and the Rockstahls. If so, feeling compassion for them in having to put up their assets as collateral for attorney fees is something they could possibly have avoided altogether. Maybe not.

From KOAA
2/26/19 4:55pm
“Stephen Longo, an attorney with McDivitt Law Firm, said it appears Kenney is trying to leverage her position as a possible key witness in the case against Patrick Frazee to try and get a lesser sentence in her case.

“Her kind of reversing and not sure if she’s gonna enter a plea deal or recanting statements is interesting, because you wonder whether or not she just doesn’t like the plea deal she’s getting and wants to leverage her position as a key witness against the defendant,” Longo said.

Prosecutors have not released information that would explain what evidence Kenney is accused of destroying. We do know Berreth’s phone pinged off a tower in Gooding, Idaho, on Nov. 25, three days after she was last seen publicly. That’s nearly 800 miles from Berreth’s home in Woodland Park, and close to where Kenney lives in Hansen, Idaho.”

Documents reveal Kenney seeking leverage in court, expert says
Just when I think I can
From KOAA
2/26/19 4:55pm
“Stephen Longo, an attorney with McDivitt Law Firm, said it appears Kenney is trying to leverage her position as a possible key witness in the case against Patrick Frazee to try and get a lesser sentence in her case.

“Her kind of reversing and not sure if she’s gonna enter a plea deal or recanting statements is interesting, because you wonder whether or not she just doesn’t like the plea deal she’s getting and wants to leverage her position as a key witness against the defendant,” Longo said.

Prosecutors have not released information that would explain what evidence Kenney is accused of destroying. We do know Berreth’s phone pinged off a tower in Gooding, Idaho, on Nov. 25, three days after she was last seen publicly. That’s nearly 800 miles from Berreth’s home in Woodland Park, and close to where Kenney lives in Hansen, Idaho.”

Documents reveal Kenney seeking leverage in court, expert says
Just when I think my opinion of her can't go any lower,she has to pull this. Where is KB'S leverage? Where is Baby K's leverage. She doesn't care about them though. It's all about KK.
MOO

I'm thinking they are requesting discovery to just focus on what the DA has as evidence. Prepare in advance.
The motion for discovery on KK's charge is so excessive though. Compare it to the motions for PF who is facing far more serious and multiple charges, and it looks like using a bazooka to kill a fly. This makes me wonder about ulterior motives, especially the part about conflicting witness statements that can be impeached.

If it's true that any felony conviction results in loss of KK's nursing license, her new high-priced attorney may be telling her not to take a plea deal after all, make them prove the case. KK and team may also be working hand-in-glove against PF and unknown other(s) by forcing discovery, depositions and testimony in the smaller case against KK looking for ammunition in the larger PF and other(s) case(s). If PF were required to testify against PF, he either tells the truth, lies, or takes the 5th which doesn't reflect well on him.

I'm too verbose. I should have said maybe the charge against KK and discovery demand motion are fishing expeditions against PF.

Hey you wonderful sleuthers, I've not had the chance to be here the past few days but did see the news story <modsnipped name calling> and some plea coming up Friday. Just looking at this page of the thread and seeing it's something that would bring 12-18 months and a fine makes me want to THROW UP. And, now, it looks like she may be trying to back out of that? Forgive me because I've not read back the past 20 pages but just had to comment because it's so upsetting. Anyone who can throw a few relevant details out to help me get caught up would be appreciated.

Why is <modsnipped name calling> not under arrest and sitting jail? I swear she was in on killing Kelsey and it's why she went to Colorado. If that can't be proved, it sure can be proved that she had foreknowledge. Please, God, make the state of Colorado pay hardball with her!!! I pray they have enough on Frazee to convict him with or without her and that her maneuvers backfire and get her serious prison time, too. Betcha her ex has already moved to terminate her parental rights. Hope that happens, too.

I am sooooooo sick of seeing people who need to be behind bars NOT being there, sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore because I get so pissed off.

Ugh.

The motion for discovery on KK's charge is so excessive though. Compare it to the motions for PF who is facing far more serious and multiple charges, and it looks like using a bazooka to kill a fly. This makes me wonder about ulterior motives, especially the part about conflicting witness statements that can be impeached.

If it's true that any felony conviction results in loss of KK's nursing license, her new high-priced attorney may be telling her not to take a plea deal after all, make them prove the case. KK and team may also be working hand-in-glove against PF and unknown other(s) by forcing discovery, depositions and testimony in the smaller case against KK looking for ammunition in the larger PF and other(s) case(s). If PF were required to testify against PF, he either tells the truth, lies, or takes the 5th which doesn't reflect well on him.

I'm too verbose. I should have said maybe the charge against KK and discovery demand motion are fishing expeditions against PF.

What do you mean by "PF and other(s) case(s)"? Have any others besides him <modsnipped> been implicated?

Well, I have pretty much though KK was a side piece booty call...and PF was only using her to get her to kill off KB and then KK takes the fall for all of it. And then PF goes on with his life as he wants with no "blood" on his hands. He could say KK was jealous of his relationship with KB, KB is super cute, KB had his kid...so KK went wack and killed KB to have him all for herself (cuz he's so awesome right?) and he had "nothing" to do with it.

Basically get his part time booty call KK to do his dirty work and then later throw her under the bus for it and be rid of her as well.
I rather think, PF planned a future with KL and his child but without the mother of his child KB, because it seemed to difficult for him, dealing with KB in the long run. Though PF's alleged threat re the children of KL (disappearing from playground) would speak against this theory.
I can imagine a rough cowboy like PF thinking practically: KL would have been someone first choice for his ranchette, his home, his meals, his dirty clothing, his injuries ;), his elderly mother, his child, his horses, his dogs, his farrier business (taking the orders), his rodeo events, his ...

You mean law "enforcement"??? The robbery charge is separate from the homicide charge. Two separate charges against PF. Your speculation carries no more or less weight than any speculation here. There is absolutely no indication the robbery occurred in KB's home, yet PF is charged with it. How on earth is LE going to prove the robbery took place at KB's home? afaik, there were no video security cameras which would capture a robbery.

JMO

I agree. The robbery charge is separate. I'd like to know what evidence supports it and I seriously doubt it is at her house.

Just when I think I can

Just when I think my opinion of her can't go any lower,she has to pull this. Where is KB'S leverage? Where is Baby K's leverage. She doesn't care about them though. It's all about KK.
MOO
I agree.

I think the robbery charge refers to Kelsey's purse and phone being taken.

However she was murdered, I don't think it was messy or required much clean up. She was a tiny lady and could easily have been strangled. Remember the first visits to her place brought reports of nothing looking out of place. I've got a hunch that whatever was found on the second LE search wasn't much in terms of the actual killing. Could be fingerprints or DNA belonging to some party who shouldn't have been there.

I don't believe KK's story about her kids being threatened, AT ALL. She just drove 800 miles (one way) to participate in a murder she'd known was being planned for at least a couple of months. I can guarantee she's a liar, as well.

What do you mean by "PF and other(s) case(s)"? Have any others besides him <modsnipped please use her initials> been implicated?
No. I would have been more clear if I had inserted "unknown" others. It has long been speculated that there may be another participant: what LE stated about bringing in everyone involved, and also the alternate felony murder/robbery theory.

I was trying to say that if this is KK's deal, it may include a hand-in-glove with the DA that KK's attorney will make these broad discovery demands in order to try to uncover additional information against PF or any UNKNOWN others, so that they may become KNOWN, if they exist. That's KK's deal - not just a monetary fine and probation in exchange for her testimony but investigative assistance through legal procedures (not unlike someone wearing a wire).

Thursday, February 7th:
*Trial Conference Hearing (re child custody) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18) & charged (12/21/18) with 1st degree murder & 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder & 1st degree felony murder (for death during attempted robbery). Held without bond.
Was a suspect as of 12/15/18. Search warrant executed 12/14/18. Search & arrest warrants are sealed. The little girl, who had been staying with her dad up until his arrest, is now in protective custody & will be reunited with Berreth’s family. 12/27/18: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody.
12/27/18 Update: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody. Paternal grandmother file a motion to intervene. The parties agreed to reserve for later hearing paternal grandmother’s motion to intervene & placement request. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019.
12/31/18: Charged with 1st degree murder, 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder & 1st degree felony murder. Defense motions to preserve law enforcement communication (emails & texts) and to limit pre-trial publicity (prevent press conferences, tweets & interviews) were both denied. No plea entered. No bond. DA asks for “consumptive testing” on unspecified evidence. Motion hearing on DNA testing & unsealing arrest affidavit scheduled for 1/4. A Preliminary hearing on 1/29.
12/31/18: Monday a 32-year-old nurse was a person of interest in the case & believed to have possibly disposed of Berreth's phone in Idaho in the days after she was last seen alive. She & Frazee had been in a romantic relationship for months (early 2016). The woman, whose identity is not being revealed as she has not yet been charged with a crime, could also be the person who had been plotting with Frazee about killing Berreth should the investigation prove she did in fact dispose of the cell. The nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.
1/3/19 Update: PF's sister has now asked to intervene in the custody case too. Judge ruled to temporarily keep Kelsey’s daughter in custody of her parents. Court orders both side’s parents not to publicly comment about custody case. Court waiting to review info from Frazee’s criminal case before moving forward. Waiting for discovery in the criminal case before proceeding further with the custody case. Trial conference hearing set for 2/7/19 re child custody.
1/4/19 Update: New judge (Scott Sells) takes over the case (judge rotation). Prosecution says they are now comfortable sharing the arrest affidavit with Frazee. They still want them sealed to the public. The court is also hearing a motion regarding the testing of a specific piece of evidence. Prosecution says that piece of evidence is not as critical as they first thought. Judge will pass ruling on consumptive testing until 2/19 hearing. Frazee waived his right to prelim within 35 days. Lots of info in arrest affidavit, Defense asks to move 1/29/19 Preliminary hearing (1/29/19) for Frazee has been moved to Feb. 19th per request of Frazee’s attorney. Both parties agreed on this date. KKTV11News has confirmed that Kelsey’s parents have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Patrick Frazee.
*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney (32) charged (2/4/18) with 1 count of tampering with physical evidence (on 11/24/18).
2/1/19 Update: is scheduled to appear in a Teller County courtroom on Friday, Feb. 8. She will enter a plea deal with prosecutors. She was believed to have disposed of Berreth's cell phone in the days after she was last seen alive. The probable cause statement has been sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV