CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI

I asked FOX 21 news why no news about the custody hearing today and received this reply:

"This is a custody hearing for the one year old child he shares with Berreth. Due to the age of the child, the delicacy of it being a JV case and it being closed to the public, we won’t be attending. There will be a new update on a woman due in court this Friday at 8:30. Frazee is due back in court for the criminal case on February 19."

Just when I think I can

Just when I think my opinion of her can't go any lower,she has to pull this. Where is KB'S leverage? Where is Baby K's leverage. She doesn't care about them though. It's all about KK.
MOO
I agree AOA, it's a hard pill to swallow isn't it? I've struggled myself with the way KK's 'deal' is unfolding, but keep reminding myself that it seems to be a necessary evil at this time.

When more information is released, and a trial moves forward is when we will begin to see leverage and justice for KB IMO. I hope they take the whole despicable lot of them and lock them up for as long as humanly possible.

I cannot imagine the pain and grief of the Berreth family during this time. Truly a nightmare for them and her precious little one.

imo

I think we're still in the dark about how things went down after KB returned from Safeway. I personally doubt PF was scheduled to pick up baby K for the holiday as he had the baby during the week and surely KB wanted time with her as well. I'm still of the opinion that KB thought things were fine and they were going to spend time together as a "family" later that afternoon.

Some of us at one point also thought, maybe he was just there to pick up the baby to go look for a tree (however, unlikely THAT was), because if that were the case, PF should have reported KB missing the very day he took baby K for the outing and came back and she was "gone."

It will be interesting when it's revealed how that fateful day unfolded.

Let’s just hope LE and the other teams involved know how things went down. jmo

I rather think, PF planned a future with KL and his child but without the mother of his child KB, because it seemed to difficult for him, dealing with KB in the long run. Though PF's alleged threat re the children of KL (disappearing from playground) would speak against this theory.
I can imagine a rough cowboy like PF thinking practically: KL would have been someone first choice for his ranchette, his home, his meals, his dirty clothing, his injuries ;), his elderly mother, his child, his horses, his dogs, his farrier business (taking the orders), his rodeo events, his ...
I have a hard time envisioning PF planning a future with a divorced mother of two who lives 800 miles away from him. IMHO, he preferred to be in a long-distance relationship with KK.

I agree AOA, it's a hard pill to swallow isn't it? I've struggled myself with the way KK's 'deal' is unfolding, but keep reminding myself that it seems to be a necessary evil at this time.

When more information is released, and a trial moves forward is when we will begin to see leverage and justice for KB IMO. I hope they take the whole despicable lot of them and lock them up for as long as humanly possible.

I cannot imagine the pain and grief of the Berreth family during this time. Truly a nightmare for them and her precious little one.

imo
From what I understand, plea deals are more often than not. Ok, I googled it. Not a legal eagle. Kinda obvious with my casual speak. :)

One critical piece of this investigation is PF's trip to pick up the baby. This trip should have taken maybe half an hour. I am sure the FBI (or others) would have asked those "who would know", how long was PF gone. In the other Colorado national news case, (the guy who dumped his kids in the two oil tanks) he spent 45 minutes backed up to his garage to load a few work items, which was totally suspicious and probably helped convict him. If PF spent a couple of hours to pick up his child it would look suspicious.
If you're looking that closely (which I believe the police should have in a murder one investigation), it's a 24 minute trip from PF's gate to the parking spot at the condo (16.9 miles, Google maps). There's a lot of busineses along that route that might have security cameras, such as Wendy's, Gold Hill Wine & Lquor, the Ute Inn, St Likes Eye Care, Teller County Sheriff's Office / Detention Center, and Waste Management Transfer Station.
Google Maps

If you're looking that closely (which I believe the police should have in a murder one investigation), it's a 24 minute trip from PF's gate to the parking spot at the condo (16.9 miles, Google maps). There's a lot of busineses along that route that might have security cameras, such as Wendy's, Gold Hill Wine & Lquor, the Ute Inn, St Likes Eye Care, Teller County Sheriff's Office / Detention Center, and Waste Management Transfer Station.
Google Maps
Yes, it was originally said it's 1 1/2 hr driving time, but it's under 30 minutes.. so that's not really far.

Last edited:
Exactly. We don’t know who knew about the solicitations. And I guess we don’t want to feel bad for the wrong people since that be misdirected compassion and that would make me feel angry (I’m now over analyzing things...). I shall keep my focus and feel bad only about KB, her baby girl, and her parents for now.

@srg You should write an article on public vicarious PTSD as these types of violent crimes occur. We have not even made it to an open court session and most of us are just suffering for KB's family.

PF is on the court docket for today at 8:30am for pre-trial conference.
I wonder why they are not talking about it on the local news.
Most schools in the area are closed, many events cancelled, lots of businesses asking workers to come to work two hours late. It's the annual Slide-off on Ice Morning in the Pikes Peak Region! Often during this event, the news is dominated by webcam highlights of the best and highest scoring slide and glides. IMO

I've read conflicting articles about Seventh Day Adventists and jewelry. Because of her faith, I would expect her to have simple jewelry or none. But you never know. And yes, the reporting has been quite inaccurate, even more so than usual, IMHO. And the Rs should never have spoken to the media. They admit that they don't even know KKL, so everything that came out of their mouths was second-hand at best.

@Kapua I hope their open dialogue didn't hurt the prosecution. I think much of what they said confirmed our suspicions so I am just hopeful the damage was minimal.

If I understand it correctly from following along, PF has 2 murder charges - 1 that he may have comitted it alone and another 1 that he may have had help. What is confusing to me is, that it is either 1 OR the other - he either carried it out alone OR he had help. I guess what I'm trying to say is, aren't those 2 charges kind of broad-based and not very specific to what may have truly happened? Couldn't that be something that is very workable for the defense to use because basically the charges show LE/investigators do not know for sure what happened and/or for the jury to have doubt about what really occurred? Or am I simply not understanding correctly how this works (which I'm guessing is probably the case).

And yes, I do believe 100% he was involved, but I am just not ready to say that he didn't have help from at least 1 other person to carry this out.
@NWLady The prosecution is allowed to put forth theories of the potential cause of death as they investigate and will drop charge 1 or 2.

From what I understand, plea deals are more often than not. Ok, I googled it. Not a legal eagle. Kinda obvious with my casual speak. :)

Repost fyi

Posting this as people were asking about plea Bargains, gitana1 has given her input, and I thought this was information from another thread that was insightful and a learning post by @Seattle1

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ct-2018-arrest-43.415671/reply?quote=14789907

"On average, 94 percent of state-level felony convictions are the result of plea bargains, as well as around 97 percent of federal convictions.
Most criminal cases end in plea bargains, not trials

Today, more than 95 percent of cases that resolve in a conviction are the result of plea bargains.
The Rise of Plea Bargains and Fall of the Right to Trial | ACS

Essentially, the rate is high, regardless of evidence.
Innocence Is Irrelevant in the Age of the Plea Bargain - The Atlantic""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member