CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV starts back in May. With Vinnie politan heading the helm. I did notice that Nancy Grace was not going to be joining them. Sitting on hands.

I do hope they go back to reporting the trials without The Sensationalistic garbage that followed court TV on other channels and continues to this day.

I know a lot of people here love Nancy, but I thought her producers had so much misinformation and bad research that it just turned me off to her. And other stuff for which I will again sit on hands

When Nancy took on Scott Peterson's Dad should have been an Emmy.

I'm truly not certain KK is trying to "leverage" anything. Her attorney is just doing her job, as she should be. Obviously if she is taking a deal, she is paying for it by testifying for the state. So clearly, she is going to be absolutely DESTROYED by PF's defense. Her attorney is just ensuring they have absolutely everything they need. If PF's angle is going to include trying to maximize KK's involvement in the plot in order to take the blame off of himself, then of course KK's attorney is going to be on the defensive preemptively to make sure they have all the evidence they will need to counter that.
Thank you. This was a very useful post to uncover the thinking and strategizing of KK's attorney. It sounds like she isn't so much concerned about this class 6 felony but looking forward to her testimony in the PF trial where no doubt PF's defense will attempt to sow reasonable doubt by blaming KK 100%. So that is the fishing expedition, to get as much info as possible in advance of PF's trial. I think the prosecutors will claim sealed case and give her very little?

Here is an article that quoted the anonymous family members indicating a plea agreement was expected. Technically, anything could occur tomorrow. Right now, since the Felony 6 Charge was announced yesterday, it looks like the family might be right. Who knows???

Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

I find myself wanting to juxtaposition this to the Watts case, where his family knew nothing about the plea deal at all.

I find myself wanting to juxtaposition this to the Watts case, where his family knew nothing about the plea deal at all.
Apples to oranges, imo. CW was at risk of the DP, and already in custody when he took the plea. KKL has been free to discuss with her family freely (CW didn't have the ability to sit at the kitchen table and weigh options with family until all hours of the night, etc).

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
We were kicked out after two minutes, but a couple noteworthy pieces of info: • Frazee was wearing a ballistic vest. Why? • @SheriffTeller deputies are all over the courthouse. 5 inside the courtroom, 4 outside it, more near entrance. Why? • Cheryl Berreth dialed in @KOAA

7:34 AM - 7 Feb 2019

Patrick Frazee leaves the Teller County Courthouse in a ballistic vest, surrounded by maybe a dozen deputies. Again, the million-dollar question is why? #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

8:30 AM - 7 Feb 2019

.@TCSOPIO says Frazee was wearing a ballistic vest that protects against most gunshots and stab attacks. He says they decided to take the extra precautions because of the case’s attention. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

8:38 AM - 7 Feb 2019

@SamKraemerTV
He will receive that protection from here on out. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:39 AM - 7 Feb 2019

@SamKraemerTV
Couch says this is out of the ordinary for Teller County, but they’re trained for it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Frazee is protected and separated from other inmates at the Teller County Jail, Couch says. They take extra security measures for high-profile cases. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:45 AM - 7 Feb 2019

That’s it for now. We’ll have much more on our @KOAA platforms. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:46 AM - 7 Feb 2019

ETA: Timestamps are PST (MST is + 1)

Odd, isn't it? That she is up to her neck in this, and yet no one (media) seems to care to investigate her circumstances......
They’ve tried, but it appears that she is winning the game of “hide and seek.”

There are also limits to what they are willing to report, as evidenced by the fact that they had her name for weeks, before they made it public.

That’s the implication, that he was in general population at an earlier point.

I still continue to believe that there may be more going on here than any of us realize. IMO, it’s extremely unusual to provide body armor to a suspect especially if no direct threats have been made. It being a “high#profile” case doesn’t cut it for me.

Then add in isolation from the general population. To me that says LE believes there are people on both the inside and the outside with the motivation to see him silenced for some reason. It would explain a lot if there were a drug component to this story. Although I have no evidence of it, I have heard that the rodeo circuit has more than its share of opioid abuse.

Just my own speculation and MOO. Apologies if it was discussed way back before I started following. I’ll be interested to see if KK makes a live appearance in court and if she’s afforded the same protection...

We were kicked out after two minutes, but a couple noteworthy pieces of info: • Frazee was wearing a ballistic vest. Why? • @SheriffTeller deputies are all over the courthouse. 5 inside the courtroom, 4 outside it, more near entrance. Why? • Cheryl Berreth dialed in @KOAA

7:34 AM - 7 Feb 2019

Patrick Frazee leaves the Teller County Courthouse in a ballistic vest, surrounded by maybe a dozen deputies. Again, the million-dollar question is why? #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

8:30 AM - 7 Feb 2019

.@TCSOPIO says Frazee was wearing a ballistic vest that protects against most gunshots and stab attacks. He says they decided to take the extra precautions because of the case’s attention. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

8:38 AM - 7 Feb 2019

@SamKraemerTV
He will receive that protection from here on out. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

@SamKraemerTV
Couch says this is out of the ordinary for Teller County, but they’re trained for it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Frazee is protected and separated from other inmates at the Teller County Jail, Couch says. They take extra security measures for high-profile cases. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:45 AM - 7 Feb 2019

That’s it for now. We’ll have much more on our @KOAA platforms. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:46 AM - 7 Feb 2019

ETA: Timestamps are PST (MST is + 1)

I'm sure it's coincidence only, but KKL is coming to town and PF starts wearing a ballistic vest. I'm sure it's nothing. :cool:

I still continue to believe that there may be more going on here than any of us realize. IMO, it’s extremely unusual to provide body armor to a suspect especially if no direct threats have been made. It being a “high#profile” case doesn’t cut it for me.

Then add in isolation from the general population. To me that says LE believes there are people on both the inside and the outside with the motivation to see him silenced for some reason. It would explain a lot if there were a drug component to this story. Although I have no evidence of it, I have heard that the rodeo circuit has more than its share of opioid abuse.

Just my own speculation and MOO. Apologies if it was discussed way back before I started following. I’ll be interested to see if KK makes a live appearance in court and if she’s afforded the same protection...
I genuinely don’t believe that this crime was part of some larger conspiracy.

I think it involved this particular moron, and his equally moronic girlfriend.

I don’t think he is in any danger from some outside force, but am certainly open to the prospect that he has received threats.

The fact that he is in isolation, and is now wearing ballistic protection, tells met that something is going on.

I just think it is coming from inside the jail, and not necessarily from someone who wants to keep him quiet (on the outside).

Murdering a mother is frowned upon by other inmates, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he had been threatened.

Perhaps they are worried that a fellow inmate might make good on a thread to kill him, and fear that it may involve someone on the outside who would attack him on his way to court.

Odd, isn't it? That she is up to her neck in this, and yet no one (media) seems to care to investigate her circumstances......

Perhaps the media has the same standards as we do here. They don't want to go into her family because they are not in any way responsible. And at this time, she does not have any charges?

DyzuHTGUYAQ9F8Z.jpg:large

Teller County Courthouse located in Cripple Creek, Co.
Expect cold and crisp -- dress warm...

They’ve tried, but it appears that she is winning the game of “hide and seek.”

There are also limits to what they are willing to report, as evidenced by the fact that they had her name for weeks, before they made it public.

BBM MOO If that's the case, it speaks to a very poor quality of "investigative journalism". I truly hope that there is a depth to this we just aren't seeing, but if not, then there is just a level of incompetence that should scare the hell out of all of us.

ETA - fixed a missed word.

BBM MOO If that's the case, it speaks to a very poor quality of "investigative journalism". I truly hope that there is a depth to this we just aren't seeing, but if not, then there is just a level of incompetence that should scare the hell out all of us.
I’ve attacked the media in this particular case, but in this instance, I can’t do that.

They were responsible in not outing someone who was the subject of mere rumors at that point.

We don’t know the circumstances of her isolation, and it’s possible that law enforcement was involved in that.

There are limits to violating someone’s privacy.

I'm sure it's coincidence only, but KKL is coming to town and PF starts wearing a ballistic vest. I'm sure it's nothing. :cool:
I have to ask will PF be at her court appearance? If so, he might want to add some body armor over that vest....or maybe the deputies should be wearing protection, in case, er, someone did do something and missed. How funny, though- we protect the guilty while in some cases, smear the victims with no regrets.

DyzuHTGUYAQ9F8Z.jpg:large

Teller County Courthouse located in Cripple Creek, Co.
Expect cold and crisp -- dress warm...

Ok Seattle, I now cannot get this song out of my head.

LYRICs
"
When I get off of this mountain
You know where I want to go
Straight down the Mississippi river
To the Gulf of Mexico
To Lake Charles Louisiana
Little Bessie, girl that I once knew
She told me just to come on by
If there's anything that she could do
Up on Cripple Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, as she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one
Good luck had just stung me
To the race track I did go
She bet on one horse to win
And I bet on another to show
The odds were in my favor
I had 'em five to one
When that nag to win came around the track
Sure enough we had won
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me
If I spring a leak, as she mends me
I don't have to speak, as she defends me
I took up all of my winnings
And I gave my little Bessie half
And she tore it up and threw it in my face
Just for a laugh
Now there's one thing in the whole wide world
I sure would like to see
That's when that little love of mine
Dips her doughnut in my tea
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me.....
Now me and my mate were back at the shack
We had Spike Jones on the box
She said, "I can't take the way he sings
But I love to hear him talk"
Now that just gave my heart a throb
To the bottom of my feet
And I swore as I took another pull
My Bessie can't be beat
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me..
As there's a flood out in California
And up North it's freezing cold
And this living on the road
Is getting pretty old
So I guess, I'll call up my big mama
Tell her I'll be rolling in
But you know, deep down
I'm kind of tempted
To go and see my Bessie again
Up on Cripple Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me

https://www.google.com/search?q=lyr...&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&inm=vs#tts=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89