CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about the ballistic vest he is wearing. How would that vest protect him from being shot in the head or someone stabbing him in the back or side of his neck? I guess as long as he feels all safe that is all that is important.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm confused about the ballistic vest he is wearing. How would that vest protect him from being shot in the head or someone stabbing him in the back or side of his neck? I guess as long as he feels all safe that is all that is important.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes I never understood the vest thing to be honest, a good head shot from across the street with a rifle would not matter if he has a vest on or not. I know they rushed him into the vehicle but a good shot is just that. A good shot.

Ha! Well it’s not like it’s practical to transport him in full body armor.

It reminds me of a quote from “Dumb and Dumber.”

Harry: “What if he shot me in the face?”

Detective: “That’s a risk we were willing to take.”

Last edited:
But that is your summarization, I have not seen it quoted that KK said the reason she divorced her husband was because of PF.
That was what I was questioning was if she has been quoted as saying those words.
She's in too deep of doodoo for it to be anything else. I don't think she needs to say it. The timing of events,and what's been revealed just makes sense,that she has more than a passing fancy for PF.
MOO

Kind of sad really, sounds like she had so much going for her in high school, became a nurse, married and had children. I know she's divorced now, but still- to throw away a good reputation over a man who quite clearly was no lady's prize, is beyond pathetic.

Yes I never understood the vest thing to be honest, a good head shot from across the street with a rifle would not matter if he has a vest on or not. I know they rushed him into the vehicle but a good shot is just that. A good shot.

The vest covers the vital organs where most shots could do damage broadly. A head is harder to hit. If someone is capable and intent, they would still have to work through multiple protective officers to hit him.

Could PF have robbed KB of her baby perhaps, which KB didn't want to let go out of her arms? Then outside the home it legally wouldn't be abduction/kidnapping, because on each day before he was allowed to take K with him for caring/sitting?
Thinking ...

Unfortunately there were no custody orders in place, it would be considered "snatch and run" I went through this when I separated from my abusive ex, He wanted to take her to get her Easter but never brought her back, it took 7 long grueling months to locate them and have her returned to me.

I still continue to believe that there may be more going on here than any of us realize. IMO, it’s extremely unusual to provide body armor to a suspect especially if no direct threats have been made. It being a “high#profile” case doesn’t cut it for me.

Then add in isolation from the general population. To me that says LE believes there are people on both the inside and the outside with the motivation to see him silenced for some reason. It would explain a lot if there were a drug component to this story. Although I have no evidence of it, I have heard that the rodeo circuit has more than its share of opioid abuse.

Just my own speculation and MOO. Apologies if it was discussed way back before I started following. I’ll be interested to see if KK makes a live appearance in court and if she’s afforded the same protection...
I don't know about opioid abuse, but a lot of this dudes do regularly take pain relievers. It's a hard, rough sport. I'm putting "drug deal gone bad" on my list of possibles, clear down at the bottom. IMO

Unfortunately there were no custody orders in place, it would be considered "snatch and run" I went through this when I separated from my abusive ex, He wanted to take her to get her Easter but never brought her back, it took 7 long grueling months to locate them and have her returned to me.
@lindaromas So sorry! It goes to show how fast things can escalate. I am glad you got her back!!!

Ok Seattle, I now cannot get this song out of my head.

LYRICs
"
When I get off of this mountain
You know where I want to go
Straight down the Mississippi river
To the Gulf of Mexico
To Lake Charles Louisiana
Little Bessie, girl that I once knew
She told me just to come on by
If there's anything that she could do
Up on Cripple Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, as she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one
Good luck had just stung me
To the race track I did go
She bet on one horse to win
And I bet on another to show
The odds were in my favor
I had 'em five to one
When that nag to win came around the track
Sure enough we had won
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me
If I spring a leak, as she mends me
I don't have to speak, as she defends me
I took up all of my winnings
And I gave my little Bessie half
And she tore it up and threw it in my face
Just for a laugh
Now there's one thing in the whole wide world
I sure would like to see
That's when that little love of mine
Dips her doughnut in my tea
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me.....
Now me and my mate were back at the shack
We had Spike Jones on the box
She said, "I can't take the way he sings
But I love to hear him talk"
Now that just gave my heart a throb
To the bottom of my feet
And I swore as I took another pull
My Bessie can't be beat
Up on Cripple Creek, as she sends me..
As there's a flood out in California
And up North it's freezing cold
And this living on the road
Is getting pretty old
So I guess, I'll call up my big mama
Tell her I'll be rolling in
But you know, deep down
I'm kind of tempted
To go and see my Bessie again
Up on Cripple Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me

https://www.google.com/search?q=lyr...&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&inm=vs#tts=0
Yup, a drunkard's dream (but only if Bessie comes along)...

Simple. Because despite the movie/television claims, a head shot is actually remarkably hard. More so in a moving target that's surrounded. You aim for central mass, it does destruction enough to be fatal.

I'm a girl. I'll be watching to see if she's had her hair recently done. If her nails and makeup are on point. I'll scrutinize her clothing choice. I'll watch her demeanor to see if she appears scared or self-important. She is in court on her own volition. moo

We all know the camera adds 10 pounds. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Ha! Well it’s not like it’s practical to transport him in full body armor.

It reminds me of a quote from “Dumb and Dumber.”

Harry: “What if he shot me in the face?”

Detective: “That’s a risk we were willing to take.”

LE in general has been taking some hard hits in this case this week. I gotta give 'em the the leeway of a cool visual on national TV of PF in a bullet proof vest. Isn't the motto "To serve and PROTECT"?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member