CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

In this case where she transported the phone and most likely sent texts and maybe even destroyed the phone and information, the case law to use for such activities is really weak. In looking at this one charge, it was a stretch because, the investigation for KK to tamper with had not even began as of yet. Fortunately, there is some language to work with as I mention in a prior post or there would be little to charge her on.

Killer fiance Patrick Frazee's mistress 'will plead guilty to tampering with physical evidence | Daily Mail Online
Krystal Jean Lee Kenney will plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence in court on Friday according to the district attorney's office.

That crime was committed on November 24 according to court documents, two days after Kelsey Berreth disappeared, having last been seen by fiance Patrick Frazee.

Lee and Frazee have known one another for years, and she has long been a person of interest in the case.

She will only get a fine and probation under the current charge, and it is not known if she made a deal with prosecutors. bbm

Retrospectively, the state has indicated the date of death was 11/22/2018. The point being that the charge for KK means the state will most likely present that she did know of PF's after the fact on 11/24 and destroyed or manipulated evidence which interfered with proceedings (tampering).

This made me realize that we (me, anyway) aren’t sure what date she went to Colorado, whether it was before or on Thanksgiving or later. Is that correct? I’ve seen posts that she supposedly went to visit a relative but I’m not sure that’s accurate, either.

I know there’s been discussion about how she traveled, whether she drove or took a bus or whatever, and her transportation seems to be a question mark, too.

I have totally forgotten those dates if they are known, has anyone seen an explanation of her trip?

I still believe that she was deep into the murder itself. JMO and, like others, a gut feeling. I’m not sure anything will ever convince me otherwise (I would not be a good juror in this case).

Please don't leave.
I enjoy your Posts, and your input is important.

I really just needed to take a break for the day. I'm back. I'm used to the vitriol, honestly. People in this country do not like law enforcement and unfortunately DAs fall into that category.

There are bad/lazy/corrupt people in every profession. We don't stop going to church because some priests molest children, we don't stop sending our kids to school because some teachers rape their students. It's unreal to assume that the DA here is just looking for the fast, cheapest, least amount of work necessary way to get this case taken care of.

He said at the press conference in December that this case wouldn't be tried in the media, and it hasn't. For that alone I have a ton of respect. To assume that just because we don't know certain details surrounding this plea deal (or any other aspect of the case) means he's taking the easy way out is ridiculous.

It is very much possible that the only ILLEGAL (not immoral) thing that KK did was transporting the phone. If so, and she could have faced an accessory after the fact charge had she refused to cooperate, but is now going to get a tampering charge in exchange for full cooperation, that is fantastic. Imagine she refused to talk and they had nothing to stick her with except for the accessory charge. She'd go to prison for 2-6 years and that would be that. But she wouldn't testify against PF, and then what? If she is the nail in his coffin, then give her the tampering charge.

I know we all despise her because she knew. She's disgusting and immoral. Frankly, I'd love to give her a piece of my mind. BUT, the DA cannot charge her for knowing. It's simply not a crime. And if all she really did do was transport the phone, then I think it's a sweet deal for the DA frankly. Have some faith, until there's reason not to.

Killer fiance Patrick Frazee's mistress 'will plead guilty to tampering with physical evidence | Daily Mail Online
Krystal Jean Lee Kenney will plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence in court on Friday according to the district attorney's office.

That crime was committed on November 24 according to court documents, two days after Kelsey Berreth disappeared, having last been seen by fiance Patrick Frazee.

Lee and Frazee have known one another for years, and she has long been a person of interest in the case.

She will only get a fine and probation under the current charge, and it is not known if she made a deal with prosecutors. bbm
I feel absolutely certain she was offered this minor charge in exchange for testimony against PF. She knows more than anyone other than PF about what happened to KB. The sickening part is she knew his intent to kill KB well before it happened. She could have gotten the authorities involved. It could have been stopped. She’ll be living with that guilt forever

I really just needed to take a break for the day. I'm back. I'm used to the vitriol, honestly. People in this country do not like law enforcement and unfortunately DAs fall into that category.

There are bad/lazy/corrupt people in every profession. We don't stop going to church because some priests molest children, we don't stop sending our kids to school because some teachers rape their students. It's unreal to assume that the DA here is just looking for the fast, cheapest, least amount of work necessary way to get this case taken care of.

He said at the press conference in December that this case wouldn't be tried in the media, and it hasn't. For that alone I have a ton of respect. To assume that just because we don't know certain details surrounding this plea deal (or any other aspect of the case) means he's taking the easy way out is ridiculous.

It is very much possible that the only ILLEGAL (not immoral) thing that KK did was transporting the phone. If so, and she could have faced an accessory after the fact charge had she refused to cooperate, but is now going to get a tampering charge in exchange for full cooperation, that is fantastic. Imagine she refused to talk and they had nothing to stick her with except for the accessory charge. She'd go to prison for 2-6 years and that would be that. But she wouldn't testify against PF, and then what? If she is the nail in his coffin, then give her the tampering charge.

I know we all despise her because she knew. She's disgusting and immoral. Frankly, I'd love to give her a piece of my mind. BUT, the DA cannot charge her for knowing. It's simply not a crime. And if all she really did do was transport the phone, then I think it's a sweet deal for the DA frankly. Have some faith, until there's reason not to.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insights with us. It's very much appreciated.

I am still wondering what would compel the DA to give such a plea deal that they are willing to overlook a murder charge and reduce the charges down to tampering with evidence? Perhaps one of our helpful attorneys could shed some light?

I don't believe she participated in the murder. I cannot imagine a DA would give anyone THAT involved such a deal. There's just no way.

Well said Rio. Thanks for your perspective. It's frustration with the system that bubbles over into sarcasm (myself ever so guilty) that makes us lash out at people who are probably just as disgusted as we are. More than anything, I am also frustrated with the media that glorifies these women who cry victim who are so obviously not. The books, the docu-dramas, the make-overs, it's sickening and it belittles real and actual victims. I've been extra mean and critical of KK because I just see where this is headed and it makes me angry. Knowing that every single thing that we text is logged somewhere in some Homeland Security nightmare, it is beyond belief that texts can't be subpoenaed and guilty people can't be held to account for all their crimes in matters such as this.

Not only that, but so terribly afraid of the supposed love of her life for years and years that she did all that. Plus she loved that man so deeply that she up and married someone else and had not one but two children with him. But he was her true love supposedly and she feared him long-distancedly (I know that's not a word) so she drove 7-800 miles one way to him to do his bidding. And then she drove back home. She needs to be under the jail right beside PF IMO. I'm so disgusted with her today. MOO.
I'm not defending her. There is no defense. IMO, most women hate the other woman with a deep, burning passion, but they don't blame their man. They are trying to keep their hold on him, so they go along with whatever he says. That's what I think happened here. Then they got caught. Now maybe KK sees that he has been willing to sacrifice her all along. MOO.

This leads me to believe that she did way more than take KB'S phone.
Like clean up, ughhhh and do God only knows what to Kelsey's body etc. She better tell exactly what happened, how,who and where Kelsey is.
I wonder what PF,and his lawyers think of this,and if PF will counter any of it. Will he just quietly go down,or will he call her out,and implicate she had more of a role in this?
Yes, I could see cleanup might be part of destroying evidence.

But what do you make of her going to Colorado on Thanksgiving if she's afraid of him?

From, the pieces I am seeing which I think the investigators are putting together there are two scenarios. One of them, I am fixated on today is the bugulery that PF hired or convinced someone to do. KK is being treated as an ancillary person that was asked to carry KB's phone and send some texts as a poor attempt as an alibi. Because she is being charged with a felony tampering, this tells us that the DA takes what she did as significant.

The investigators must have determined; however, that she did not have immediate knowledge of the planned death. She obviously knew something once she was asked to take the phone. If she knew ahead of time and helped plan the homicide in any manner, she would have been charged with much more significant charges. The investigators would have determined both sides of this equation irregardless of PF's case.

The investigators would have looked to develop a case against KK as needed independent of PF. If the investigators determined she had foreknowledge of an immediate planned death and she was taking part such as driving down to get the phone for diversion and conspiracy she would have been charged as such.

Police believe KK destroyed evidence on Nov 24th or 25th. KB's phone pinged in Gooding ID and texts were sent to KB's employer and PF on the 25th. So what evidence was possibly destroyed by KK on the 24th?

Rob McCallum on Twitter
For all future #KelseyBerreth hearings in Teller County: 1 pool camera and 1 still camera in the courthouse. No video or still cameras in the courtroom. Tweeting will be allowed in the courtroom. Laptops for note taking are also allowed in the courtroom.

Anyone going to the courthouse that can take their laptop and take notes for us and come back here to answer all our questions? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV