CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that has baffled me. If he had planned this, he would have killed her in a way that would leave no trace. Ie, strangle her. He is a farrier/rancher. He is very strong in his arms and hands. She is petite. It should have been simple and easy and quick. Why would there be a bloody mess? It doesn't make sense. I think he had a plan, but something went very wrong and it all went out the window and everything had to be improvised.
Either something went very wrong, we are wrong about them finding blood (I don’t think so), or he didn’t necessarily plan on killing her that day, in that way.

It’s possible that they had an argument, and he decided to kill her then and there.

Hopefully we learn more on the 19th.

My money is on KK, and that information came second hand (from PF).

If so, it makes this potential plea deal alot more palatable.

If she cooperated to that extent, and helped them find evidence that they otherwise would not have, then that would be quite the contribution.

Ignoring of course, the fact that she could have stopped this damn thing in its tracks, and Kelsey would still be alive.

if you were PF, why would you share any details of a murder with KK after the fact ? (I cannot answer this Q because I do not know why he "helped KB move to CO" and then murdered her.) was he boasting? asking for help? threatening?

Either something went very wrong, we are wrong about them finding blood (I don’t think so), or he didn’t necessarily plan on killing her that day, in that way.

Hopefully we learn more on the 19th.
Oh, I do think he planned on killing her that day as KL had come to town. For some reason I keep getting the sense that she knew it was going down that day.

Hard to say.

My feeling is that this happened not long after she returned from the Safeway. If that is the case, the baby would have been there.

That of course, doesn’t mean that the baby saw anything. At the same time, he very well may not have cared either way.
I Agree. My guess is he put the baby in a back room in front of the tv and then killed kB in another room with his hands. I think he did not want baby to witness any of it and he didn’t want baby’s screams to alert the neighbors. I do think he put forethought on that. Tho what stumps me is the damning evidence they pulled out of the home doesn’t seem to coincide with a death by beating. Moo. the talk of dismemberment is upsetting. Was it an electric saw they found in his local dump run? I’ve wondered if he’s confessed to his mother and if they can question/ press her for that.

In front of the child or do you think he took the child elsewhere first? This thought has really been bothering me.
I am horrified, but given the Safeway and neighbors timeline, I believe she was probably on the property, unless PF or KKL was inside the townhouse ambushing KB, and the baby was with the other. I think GramF would have been too far away, timewise.

I also think that GramF has probably lived an honest working person’s life and would not have gotten involved. I am not sure she is the evil mom, I believe that some people are born missing an essential component that gives them the ability to be loving compassionate people. PF is missing that component.

I am appalled that SF did not show compassion towards the Barreth family. In the back of my mind, no excuses, but I wonder if she was suspected her son, was in shock, or terrified of him. Was she an LE informant? I hope so.

if you were PF, why would you share any details of a murder with KK after the fact ? (I cannot answer this Q because I do not know why he "helped KB move to CO" and then murdered her.) was he boasting? asking for help? threatening?
Because she already knew what he had done, he wouldn’t necessarily be scared to share details.

Hell, he trusted her enough to send those texts, transport Kelsey’s phone, and do God knows what else.

He trusted her enough to put his freedom in her hands.

Big fricken mistake.

I agree. But, I think it was PF's contracted killer(s) who mucked it up.
I think KB fought back more furiously than they had imagined.
imo
If PF had hired contract killers to do it, he would have ensured he had witnesses for his whereabouts during the time of the killing. That doesn't appear to be the case.

If PF had hired contract killers to do it, he would have ensured he had witnesses for his whereabouts during the time of the killing. That doesn't appear to be the case.
Do we really know that? I think that PF and Baby Girl ate Thanksgiving Dinner
at the Frazee Ranch w/Grandma Frazee and the rest of her clan.There would be
a handful of witnesses.
imo

I still think it is very bizarre for the killer(s) to dump KB's remains at the landfill in Fountain, CO. There are billions of other remote places in CO judging from the Google Maps that we all have been looking through.
imo

Occam's Razor says that the motive could simply be PF didn't want to pay child support. But I believe there are other factors, whether it be gambling debts, meth & opioid dealing,tax evasion, falsifying horse or cattle dog bloodlines.
imo
Why would PF have to pay child support when he/his mother were providing child care 5 days (presumably) per week (while KB was working)? If he's simply broken it off with her, they could have shared custody and neither one pays the other. Simple.

...RSBM for focus and length...

For all we know, it was KK who committed the robbery/homicide. Her actions are very similar to the case of Kari Farver. Text messages impersonating Kari were sent to Kari's mother and her employer. Because of those text messages, LE delayed getting involved. Her mother had to beg LE to investigate. Kari's body has never been found and it was an intensive forensic investigation of the text messages and facebook postings that led to her killer.

Jealous Lover Killed Rival and Posed as Her on Facebook, Cops Say

Thanks for the link to that case. It is relevant for comparison - love triangle, sending texts from dead woman's phone, claiming she checked into a mental ward, no body ever found... BTW Shanna Golyar was found guilty of 1st degree murder and is serving Life with possible parole per Nebraska prisons.
Nebraska Inmate Details -

I still think it is very bizarre for the killer(s) to dump KB's remains at the landfill in Fountain, CO. There are billions of other remote places in CO judging from the Google Maps that we all have been looking through.
imo
It is possible that he placed KB's remains in a dumpster and the contents of the dumpster were taken to the landfill, as in the Mark/Lori Hacking case. Perhaps he was seen by a security camera near the dumpster. LE must have some reason to suspect that KB is in that landfill. MOO

Honest question. What’s the harm in waiting a a couple of days to find out the truth instead of throwing darts at the board with accusations?

I speculate on cold cases but some people just attack and wish ill will on people. Don’t understand the reason as it makes me not want to follow this case.

Right? She knew he was serious about killing KB and did nothing before the fact to thwart his plan.
If there is an absence of an electronic trail between PF and KKL showing conspiracy, then PF may be the only one who can accuse KKL. And he won't because that's an admission of guilt for him. He has a better chance at a trial letting his defense attorney suggest it was 100% KKL and get that hung jury. BFF/M is likely to testify to whatever KKL directly told her, but BFF/M cannot testify to what PF said because it would be hearsay.

What is worrisome about the solicitation charges against PF are based on what other than KKL's word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89