CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting when it comes out what his alibi was for the day. That was Thanksgiving Day, so where was everyone as it is a day that most people will remember if they were with somebody at dinner and what time they went. I wonder what depositions and or statements that the prosecution already has. I hope his family and friends have not possibly lied for him?

Quoting my own post, sorry, but I wonder when and who was interviewed by the police as to his Alibi, and if it matches her timing and who she saw while she was in Colorado. Other people may be in trouble if it does not match up and they can prove that the other people were lying?

Quoting my own post, sorry, but I wonder when and who was interviewed by the police as to his Alibi, and if it matches her timing and who she saw while she was in Colorado. Other people may be in trouble if it does not match up and they can prove that the other people were lying?
If I had to guess, I would think his family are his alibi with it being Thanksgiving weekend. MOO

Something that may not be learned on the 19th, but I am looking forward to learning of what they said in the presser concerning release of the search warrants, and more so the return of the search warrants of what they found..

I tried to transcribe as best I could the below. From the presser.

"I can tell you this today, I have specifically said in the record before, that the arrest and search warrants will remain sealed at our request because the investigators indicated… that is no longer so …but I got to tell you that somebody has to file a motion if they want to get… defense would have an opportunity to say what their position is on it whether those should be released or not, we would have an opportunity to put our position, which at this point is it is no longer needed.

Someone would have to file a motion.. (e.d. for release of the arrest and search warrants)

@MassGuy quoted
Also, it might be a little risky to use her card. A person would have to pick and choose and hope that they didn’t use it in a place with video that could be tied to the purchase.

JMO
@justaparent, Anyone -

Regarding the Sonic trip on 11/24 Sat in WP where KKL was allegedly seen on video - WHOSE debit/credit card was used? All this time I thought KKL used her own card proving her presence in WP that weekend. But the current post series implies that KKL used KB's stolen debit/credit? Does anyone know?

If you are scared and live 800 miles away, you get help. It is not like KK was isolated and did not live or work in an environment where she could get help. This trial is a good example so far. KB is the one deceased and she is not. Notice, the stark differences in what KB friends are saying and KK friends are saying. There is evidence based on statements that KB at least was being verbally abused and now deceased. She was isolated and cut-off from close family and friends. She did not work in a medical center with females and social workers. The proof of who was the victim of focus was KB and not KK, obviously, she is transporting a dead woman's phone by herself all alone for miles and miles and miles and miles. The greatest question of all the defense has to answer, is why in the world would PF possible think KK COULD and WOULD kill KB for him when he asked?
Your last sentence:
The greatest question of all the defense has to answer, is why in the world would PF possible think KK COULD and WOULD kill KB for him when he asked?
Stephen Hricko was murdered by his wife Kim Hricko - Secrets of the Morgue spotlights the case
Kim, a surgical technician, stated that her husband had a lot to drink that night and was “demanding sex.”
However, an autopsy revealed that Stephen did not have alcohol in his system and that he was “dead or not breathing” before the fire broke out.
During the trial, prosecutor Robert Dean claimed Kim injected her husband“with the powerful drug succinylcholine chloride to stop his breathing” before setting fire to their hotel room.

One example, why PF might have asked a nurse perhaps. Just in time ^^ this newsletter came in.

I'm also curious if anybody else will ultimately be charged in this case? I believe LE or the Prosecutor mentioned something about the possibility of other trials and or possible other persons involved. Can't remember the exact wording, but i believe something along those lines was mentioned. Do they have somebody else in mind or is it just the standard, In case we find that somebody else was involved umbrella so to speak? That will be interesting as the case continues to unfold....moo

Last edited:
@ our attorneys: Will we learn who is called to testify before the court date? Or is it up the the attorney's discretion each day? And who do you think will be called? Like PF's mom or Kelsey's neighbor? Coworkers? The DA mentioned lots of electronic data. How will that stuff be presented? How long do you anticipate the trial will last?

I have a feeling the 19th will be a popcorn worthy day. I hope they get the sound system problem worked out.

IMHO the concept of eliminating KB was by mutual agreement. We are dealing with two ego-driven individuals who believe they are smarter than other people. The idea that they would be caught and punished never occurred to them. They were too busy figuring out how to get what THEY wanted. I can believe that KK was totally smitten with PF. It appears that their romance/friendship (friends with benefits?) existed for many years. KK wanted PF and probably pushed the issue of the 2 of them being together all the time. PF, who probably had no interest in a long term relationship with KK, suggests that could happen "if he could get KB out of the picture. That was the beginning of a long term plot to make it happen. Murder may not have entered the picture in the beginning. We know that PF and KB were working out the specifics for a divorce. The seed had been planted and was now germinating. KK talking to her best friend about the progress of her affair with PF and the thought of killing KB would be typical of a shallow young woman who needed to share "everything" with her best friend. I think the final decision was made when the financial realities of a divorce occurred to both of them. PF had no intention of sharing any of "his" money or property with KB and KK was in total agreement. I believe "they" developed a "fool proof" plan. They were confident they could stage the perfect "disappearance". Then, oops, law enforcement was smarter than they were and it all became a race to see who could cover their butt first.

I'm not convinced that KK was approached by PF to commit murder. I'm not convinced that she was/is afraid of PF (even though she should be). I do think that when they realized they would be suspects the wheels started turning (and it wasn't by accident that the best friend "talked" to her employers, and undoubtedly received some valid legal advice) and CYA became the name of the game. At this point I can see "reasonable doubt" as the goal for both sides. KK made a deal and she thinks she's somewhat of a winner. However, that is far from true. It is very unlikely that she won't be caught lying and the "deal" will be changed. I hope they both lose the battle. Her plea deal may muddy the water regarding 1st degree convictions, but I believe they will both be punished and are equally responsible. Again JMHO...
They were not married.

@MassGuy quoted

@justaparent, Anyone -

Regarding the Sonic trip on 11/24 Sat in WP where KKL was allegedly seen on video - WHOSE debit/credit card was used? All this time I thought KKL used her own card proving her presence in WP that weekend. But the current post series implies that KKL used KB's stolen debit/credit? Does anyone know?

It seems like that story came and went very quickly (in the mainstream). It’s hard to know if there was nothing to it or if LE stopped the chatter.

JMO

Hearing video above at the 3:14 mark....quickly as she sits down with coat in front of her, there is a glimpse of her pink beach blouse and it is not tucked in. The back of the blouse can also be seen hanging from under the blazer in the back.

Women's Apt. 9® Ruched Sleeve Open-Front Cardigan

The blazer appears to be a cascade open from cardigan. This link has a picture of one, I changed it to blue as it is easier to see the cut. Towards the end of th3 courtroom video you can see the cardigan top.

I cannot figure out if she has on pants or skirt, it appears to be a skirt.

Perhaps she will have or is wearing a bulletproof vest.

1) KK's lawyer is carrying her coat the same way. It's just appears to be a less bulky coat.

2) I don't think KK is pregnant, although it would (paradoxically) probably explain why she went along with PF. Different people carry excess weight differently; I think she carries most of hers in front, in her bust and her belly. Some women carry it in the hips and rear.

If she were pregnant by PF, logically she should never go near him again when he starts talking murder, because a man that would consider something like that is not father material. Unfortunately, I suspect that if she were pregnant by PF, she'd want to do anything to get a ring on her finger.

Hearing video above at the 3:14 mark....quickly as she sits down with coat in front of her, there is a glimpse of her pink beach blouse and it is not tucked in. The back of the blouse can also be seen hanging from under the blazer in the back.

Women's Apt. 9® Ruched Sleeve Open-Front Cardigan

The blazer appears to be a cascade open from cardigan. This link has a picture of one, I changed it to blue as it is easier to see the cut. Towards the end of th3 courtroom video you can see the cardigan top.

I cannot figure out if she has on pants or skirt, it appears to be a skirt.

Perhaps she will have or is wearing a bulletproof vest.
I read somewhere she did have a bulletproof vest on.
I'll look for link.

I can't find where I thought I read it.
Here is video footage of her standing in court. Looks like she possibly did have a bullet proof vest on as she stands. Maybe that's why she was pulling on her clothes so much?
CBS Denver
Moo

Last edited:
If KK was driving back to ID via hwy 24 could have just turned the phone on, and tossed it out the window in Florissant. That would have implicated PF in a hurry! Cell tower is right there in town.

IMO KK and PF have remained friends since their teens, because they are like minded, and made from the same cloth, or mold so to speak. Is how their friendship has lasted. I think KK is a female version of PF, but the prosecution needs her testimony.

I agree, she has some awesome big city lawyers, I don't think they are going to sit back and let the defense for PF destroy their client, they will bring their big guns to trial. JMO

Also, I don't see the Berreth's filing a civil suit against KK, just not their style. Their statement about KK taking a plea, says it all. moo!

Not sure which news channel got this shot, but shows KK leaving the court house on Friday for those thinking she might be pregnant. Who knows?

Strange she's not hugging the coat
kk-jpg.168222

OK, I admit, in that pic she does look like she might be pregnant. That's not a protective vest under her clothing.

It could be that she's gained weight from emotional eating - plus lack of exercise because she's not working or taking her kids to school and participating in their activities.

What kind of upbringing could PF have had to do something so unconscionable. No God in his life?
I think it's complicated. Being good parents SEEMS to make for all good kids, but I don't think it's an exact science. It certainly helps to make for good kids!
But there's also the aspect of free will, according to everyone's own heart. I think this is a universal belief because parents are not universally punished if their offspring goes astray. It would be very hard to prove that there's cause and effect in every case. Sometimes a parent can talk til they're blue in the face (so to speak) and the offspring rejects it.

Dru Nielsen, Kenney’s defense attorney, filed a list of nine discovery demands this week. Nearly all of them focus on ensuring prosecutors turn over all information and evidence relevant to the case, so they can provide fair representation.

Documents reveal Kenney seeking leverage in court, expert says

That includes information that could eventually lead to tossing out testimony from witnesses, based on certain factors. The document includes the demanded release of “Evidence that a prosecution witness has a motive or bias because he or she has entered into an agreement with the prosecution, received leniency from the state, or has outstanding litigation or cases with a prosecutorial agency…”

But the final demand, the “Revocation of all releases and waivers and assertion of all rights and privileges”, shows the defense is looking to protect Kenney from overreaching prosecution.

Stephen Hricko was murdered by his wife Kim Hricko - Secrets of the Morgue spotlights the case
Kim, a surgical technician, stated that her husband had a lot to drink that night and was “demanding sex.”
However, an autopsy revealed that Stephen did not have alcohol in his system and that he was “dead or not breathing” before the fire broke out.
During the trial, prosecutor Robert Dean claimed Kim injected her husband“with the powerful drug succinylcholine chloride to stop his breathing” before setting fire to their hotel room.

Kim was my assistant soccer coach 20+ years ago. Totally out of left field for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay