CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Just an FYI — a lot of you have asked, following DA Dan May’s presser yesterday, about documents that are still sealed in the case. @KOAA has filed a motion to unseal those documents. We should hear back next week. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
This refers to the arrest (probable cause) affidavit. It will reveal what evidence police gathered to charge Patrick Frazee with murder. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
Yay!

Say what you want about the media, but this is exactly the type of situation they prove their worth.

Aw....Sam Kraemer my media courtroom hero!!

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Just an FYI — a lot of you have asked, following DA Dan May’s presser yesterday, about documents that are still sealed in the case. @KOAA has filed a motion to unseal those documents. We should hear back next week. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
This refers to the arrest (probable cause) affidavit. It will reveal what evidence police gathered to charge Patrick Frazee with murder. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
Yeah! Not a few of us thought the DA was encouraging someone to make a request. I think the docs would be beneficial to the public before the 2/19 hearing especially if Seattle1's research is true that it looks like a closed to media cameras event.

Yeah! Not a few of us thought the DA was encouraging someone to make a request. I think the docs would be beneficial to the public before the 2/19 hearing especially if Seattle1's research is true that it looks like a closed to media cameras event.
As we saw in the Watts case, Colorado takes its public records release laws, very seriously.

Hopefully the media wins, because we want to know, damnit!

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Oh hell ya I hope the judge allows this .it would give us more info to what pf did. Now that idaho entered a plea I'm hoping pf will but I doubt it.i don't get his mom and sister still fighting for custody after learning what they have on him.thats just a waste of money in my opinion

But the final demand, the “Revocation of all releases and waivers and assertion of all rights and privileges”, shows the defense is looking to protect Kenney from overreaching prosecution.

“Ms. Kenney hereby revokes and rescinds all releases, waivers and authorizations for the release of information which she may have heretofore made, and she hereby asserts all of her rights and privileges under Colorado’s privilege rules, statutes and principles…,” Nielsen said in the document.

Documents reveal Kenney seeking leverage in court, expert says

So, lawyers, what are we talking about here? What do releases, waivers and authorizations refer to? Would these be items and information KK willingly gave up and now wants to undo/take back? If so, can bells like that be unrung? Are we to assume that since she pled/plead/pleaded (ha! which is it?) guilty to the tampering charge (i.e., "the deal") that these requests were granted?

But the final demand, the “Revocation of all releases and waivers and assertion of all rights and privileges”, shows the defense is looking to protect Kenney from overreaching prosecution.

“Ms. Kenney hereby revokes and rescinds all releases, waivers and authorizations for the release of information which she may have heretofore made, and she hereby asserts all of her rights and privileges under Colorado’s privilege rules, statutes and principles…,” Nielsen said in the document.

So, lawyers, what are we talking about here? What do releases, waivers and authorizations refer to? Would these be items and information KK willingly gave up and now wants to undo/take back? If so, can bells like that be unrung? Are we to assume that since she pled/plead/pleaded (ha! which is it?) guilty to the tampering charge (i.e., "the deal") that these requests were granted?
Grammatically, I think "pleaded" is correct, although "pled" is commonly used.
I'm curious to know the answer to the rest of your question, as well.

Oh hell ya I hope the judge allows this .it would give us more info to what pf did. Now that idaho entered a plea I'm hoping pf will but I doubt it.i don't get his mom and sister still fighting for custody after learning what they have on him.thats just a waste of money in my opinion
I believe the DA said the prosecutors office would not oppose release of the arrest affidavit, search warrants, so the only fly in the ointment here would be if PF and his defense have some argument and oppose the release. PF's defense team has been as quiet as PF! They certainly can't allege that Prosecutor has been leaking information!

Last edited:
I'm thinking the DA is not going to release any of that until after the 19th. It'll be interesting to know exactly what all they have in their pockets against PF though! Still have 10 more days to wait, ughhhhhh

I believe the DA said the prosecutors office would not oppose release of the arrest affidavit, search warrants, so the only fly in the ointment here would be if PF and his defense have some argument and oppose the release. PF's defense team has been as quiet as PF! They certainly can't allege that Prosecutor has been leaking information!

I think the defense would be inclined to oppose the release of any information about their client; except his Cub Scout badges and attendance awards for choir, of course. IMO

I'm thinking the DA is not going to release any of that until after the 19th. It'll be interesting to know exactly what all they have in their pockets against PF though! Still have 10 more days to wait, ughhhhhh
But if it helps put away a murderer -- well, better get the info late than never!
MOO

What is she up to now?

What is she up to now?

From the link:

"But the final demand, the “Revocation of all releases and waivers and assertion of all rights and privileges”, shows the defense is looking to protect Kenney from overreaching prosecution.

Stephen Longo, an attorney with McDivitt Law Firm, said it appears Kenney is trying to leverage her position as a possible key witness in the case against Patrick Frazee to try and get a lesser sentence in her case, if convicted.

“Her kind of reversing and not sure if she’s gonna enter a plea deal or recanting statements is interesting, because you wonder whether or not she just doesn’t like the plea deal she’s getting and wants to leverage her position as a key witness against the defendant,” Longo said.

It’s a tough spot for the prosecution. Longo said they need to keep Kenney on board as a witness, while still holding her accountable for the alleged crime.

“You need to get a plea agreement, or you want to get some conviction against her without compromising, ultimately, what you want to accomplish in the murder trial,” Longo said."

It sounds like she's in limbo between being a key witness and keeping her plea agreement. Hell of a place to be.

From the link:

"But the final demand, the “Revocation of all releases and waivers and assertion of all rights and privileges”, shows the defense is looking to protect Kenney from overreaching prosecution.

Stephen Longo, an attorney with McDivitt Law Firm, said it appears Kenney is trying to leverage her position as a possible key witness in the case against Patrick Frazee to try and get a lesser sentence in her case, if convicted.

“Her kind of reversing and not sure if she’s gonna enter a plea deal or recanting statements is interesting, because you wonder whether or not she just doesn’t like the plea deal she’s getting and wants to leverage her position as a key witness against the defendant,” Longo said.

It’s a tough spot for the prosecution. Longo said they need to keep Kenney on board as a witness, while still holding her accountable for the alleged crime.

“You need to get a plea agreement, or you want to get some conviction against her without compromising, ultimately, what you want to accomplish in the murder trial,” Longo said."

It sounds like she's in limbo between being a key witness and keeping her plea agreement. Hell of a place to be.
This was filed before she accepted the plea deal.

Some experts took it as a sign that she might back out of the deal, but of course, she ultimately accepted it.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Thanks Pommy, you are always a sweetie.:):):)
This sounds terrific.
Smart guy, Dan May publicizing about sealed documents, has done the trick.
So perhaps we'll be receiving bits and pieces now, and our theories may now be either proven or not.o_Oo_O
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member