CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Cole on Twitter
UPDATE: Teller County Sheriff's deputies have officially executed the search warrant on Patrick Frazee's home in Florissant. He's the fiance of missing Mom, Kelsey Berreth. A source tells me Patrick is on scene but not under arrest. @FOX21News

DuZF-uuVAAAnYXT.jpg

@Gardener1850

This sad case is just like many many other missing female cases in which there's some SO, one or more small children, and a relationship not exactly how it seems. It's almost cliche' at this point. Not to suggest KB isn't a special and unique person, but the way cases like this play out it's almost a formula. This will eventually be on Dateline, I have no doubt.

Just an FYI, I did a search to see if it's possible to ping your phone from a remote location. For instance, I'm in NY city, can I send a message and have the phone ping from let's say, Wyoming? Apparently, it's not uncommon for phones to ping from a tower that's farther away if there's a lot of traffic on the closer tower, but that's within a 30 mile radius. However, they did mention one case where a man who lived in Palo Alto called someone on his cell phone and it pinged in Palo Alto, but then 9 mins later he made another cell phone call and it pinged from Maui (see State of CA v Bulos Zumot) "The defendant’s cell tower records showed an incoming call placing the defendant near a tower in Lahaina, Maui, and within nine minutes of that call, a previous call placed the defendant in Palo Alto. Because of this “flaw” in AT&T’s system, by all rights, the defendant received the first call from a tower on the island of Maui, some 3,000 miles away." So although her phone pinged in Idaho, I'd wonder if the phone was actually there.
What Your Cell Phone Can’t Tell the Police

Yes, looked that up, too.

I wonder if the judge that issued the search warrant allowed the search for 3 days and that is why the search could take up to 3 days. A search warrant probably has limits as to how long they can search.

Police search home of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé
Frazee was at the home when teams arrived for the search on Friday morning. Both the FBI and Woodland Park Police Department are on the property conducting the search.

Earlier this week, her fiancé Patrick Frazee said through his attorney that he voluntarily released his phone to law enforcement for a search and provided buccal swabs and photographs.

While Frazee was referred to as Berreth’s fiancé, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said they don’t live together. Frazee was the last person to see Berreth when the two said they exchanged their 1-year-old daughter, who remains in his custody.

Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey's mom, first reported her missing on Dec. 2 after she contacted Frazee and said she had a difficult time getting a hold of her, according to De Young.

I wonder if they got one for his phone, since he gave consent to search it
While they could look at the phone for texts, pictures, calls - (which can be deleted) - they would need a subpoena/search warrant for the carrier. Which can take several weeks - timing is right IMO for something to trigger this property search.

I would think it would be too late for thermal imaging to be very helpful, no? I caveat that with I am not really familiar with the capability

Thermal imaging will only be a benefit at this time if they believe someone is alive or they are searching for a suspect that is hiding. Otherwise, it will not help. In most cases, a deceased person's body temp is the same as the surroundings fairly quickly.
I think thermal searches would only locate a live person or a freshly deceased body. But I believe that bodies give off gases as they decompose which may be picked up by a different type of sensor or even dogs. (Not an expert.)

A HRD K9 can indicate on human remains that are YEARS old.

Joe Cole on Twitter
UPDATE: Teller County Sheriff's deputies have officially executed the search warrant on Patrick Frazee's home in Florissant. He's the fiance of missing Mom, Kelsey Berreth. A source tells me Patrick is on scene but not under arrest. @FOX21News

DuZF-uuVAAAnYXT.jpg

@Gardener1850
Hmmm so he is there and perhaps they did not need to cut the locks if there was cooperation??? JMO

If he was involved, seems ridiculous to hide evidence on their property given how much time has passed.

Nevertheless, I know similar searches in other cases have turned up plenty.
If she's not on his mom's mini ranch, he had to transport her body in some vehicle which may be parked on that property. Cadaver dogs can pick up the scent of cadaverine from a body that has been dead only 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste