CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Does it mean anything that they had to cut the lock? If they had a warrant wouldn't the property owner usually go and unlock the gates to give access rather than have LE to break in? Perhaps the person with keys is being detained elsewhere?
I think they probably just showed up and entered so property owners didn’t have time to alter anything?

It's a time-saving measure as well as the element of surprise. NOT unusual for LE to cut a lock to enter a gated area.

Really, this is all very 'textbook.' This case is proceeding exactly like hundreds of other cases of missing people when there's a spouse or S.O. in the picture. Those who own a home *and* do not have any kind of gate, can give permission to search without a warrant, but often LE will still get a warrant when they are ready to do in-depth search to look for forensic and other evidence. You never want to go to court where a defense attorney can fight an illegal search and seizure.

I wonder how long it will be before the attorney issues a public statement regarding the property search.

“We gave full permission to search and LE just wanted to cover their bases and legally request the authority to search”. Something like that will be said. Because cooperation is cutting a lock open and all. *eye roll*

Whoa. Does it mean anything that they had to cut the lock? If they had a warrant wouldn't the property owner usually go and unlock the gates to give access rather than have LE to break in? Perhaps the person with keys is being detained elsewhere?
It could mean either 1) Property owner did not give access, or 2) Property owner was not available.

Teller County Property Records Database

MOO

I'm sure it just means he didn't have enough notice to get there and unlock the gates...... ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 11.42.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 11.42.19 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
740 KVOR on Twitter BBM

Happening right now. The FBI is searching the home of Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé Patrick Frazee, the Teller County Sheriff’s Office confirmed. Berreth, 29, was seen was on Thanksgiving Day.

DuZCXwdUUAAazl6.jpg

I think it is safe to say that if they are using drones, they will have sensitive thermal imaging capability. I wonder if they have previously been in the air over the ranch, particularly at night when temperature gradients are more revealing. Is that even legal without a search warrant? I would think so.

There is a chance the search will be going to a known and precise location. I hope that is not the case.

I would think it would be too late for thermal imaging to be very helpful, no? I caveat that with I am not really familiar with the capability

Probable cause. Doesn't mean they have found evidence yet, but based on the SO's statements and proximity to the victim, along with being the last person known to be with the missing person, that provides probable cause.

Agree here. I don’t think they need extensive evidence for probable cause given the facts as they stand.

Three days? I bet they are searching the land too :(

Catching up.
Yup. It sounds like they want to search the property which has lots of acreage.

Prayers for family and friends of Kelsey and prayers for us WS'ers here too because we all care about her too, otherwise we would not be here.

I know some in the public domain can never understand how we can begin to care and have very strong feelings for people we never met but all they need to do is give us hankies for the real tears we shed for some of the people in our WS cases and they will begin to realize our emotional investments.

Thanks to everyone for sharing about this case. Lets hope and pray there is better news in the days to come than what things appear to be currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom