CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we have both followed cases where perpetrators have done things that seem pretty ridiculous. For example, Scott Peterson bought a boat and drove 200 miles to dispose of Laci's body in the SF Bay - leaving cement residue in his warehouse and his fishing pole at his in-laws. His alibi was that he was going fishing - on Christmas Eve, with a boat that nobody knew he had.

How soon was the search of the warehouse after Laci disappeared?

From what kelsey's mom said, they did not have the funds to do so.

He is in the cattle business, so i doubt he makes a lot. Jmo
Well, now that we can sleuth, PF's cattle business grosses almost 100k per year so he's got funds. And given that Kelsey wasn't materialistic and wanted a small wedding, it doesn't sound like it would have cost more than the few hundred for the officiant and whatever it would have cost for a bbq with friends and family.

If these two had a child together and were engaged I wonder why they weren't living together. Could it be lease obligations?
It could also be because of religious reasons. Alot of people are pointing out her family's religion and the fact that they took it pretty seriously. Can't recall the specific religion...

Well they could not leave the baby in the home - what if no one else is there? They could be transporting both of them and then the baby will be given to social services if they need to speak with him alone IMO. Wonder if his attorney is at the police station?

If he is going in for questioning, no doubt his attorney will be there.

I didn’t think either of those were confirmed, but I’d agree if they are factual

Maybe they're not but we know grandma was asked and responded she had not yet seen her granddaughter. That's pretty definitive to me.

Second, we know he did not report Kelsey missing. Her mother did after she spoke to him.

For me the main issues are he was supposed to have dinner with her for Thanksgiving, she obviously never showed up and he didn't alert anyone? This responsible young mother who apparently never leaves without notice, his fiancé and the mother of his baby and he's not concerned enough to notify police or even family?

Second issue, he's not allowing grandma to visit the baby.

Those things plus he was the last person we know of to see her alive when they exchanged the child and there's no proof she was alive after that, pretty big target on the guy.
BBM
That is really really suspicious imo. Here his fiance is missing and he won't allow his fiance's mother the visit the baby? That makes zero sense unless he's afraid of something. imo

Well, now that we can sleuth, PF's cattle business grosses almost 100k per year so he's got funds. And given that Kelsey wasn't materialistic and wanted a small wedding, it doesn't sound like it would have cost more than the few hundred for the officiant and whatever it would have cost for a bbq with friends and family.
BBM
Can you please link the source for this info? (Not that I don't believe you!) TIA

Have a look at the FAA airplane registrations - many many registered to that last name
FAA Registry - Aircraft - Name Inquiry
I don’t know if that suggests anything. I would expect if you searched a national database, there would be registrations listed by people who share all of our last names — that wouldn’t mean we are related. These belong to people with that name in CA, NY, Oregon, Arizona... so not an obvious initial connection.

Have you discovered one of these is a relative of PF?

For me the main issues are he was supposed to have dinner with her for Thanksgiving, she obviously never showed up and he didn't alert anyone? This responsible young mother who apparently never leaves without notice, his fiancé and the mother of his baby and he's not concerned enough to notify police or even family?

Second issue, he's not allowing grandma to visit the baby.

Those things plus he was the last person we know of to see her alive when they exchanged the child and there's no proof she was alive after that, pretty big target on the guy.
Well regarding Thanksgiving, my sense, and this is jmo, is that they had dinner plans together for Thanksgiving (or at least Kelsey thought they did and told her mom they were going out to dinner). The next thing we know, PF has the daughter with him, and LE is talking about the last time PF saw Kelsey, it was a "custody exchange." So my guess is he probably told his family that Kelsey was no longer coming to dinner, he picked up the kid, and she was doing x instead.

I don't think it was ever presented as she didn't show up for dinner. Again, jmo, but it seems like dinner plans got nixed and he took the child into his care instead.

All of this is likely irrelevant considering we don't know what happened during that child exchange and Kelsey hasn't been seen since, and all the logical questions of why.

I just think in terms of "why" no one immediately alerted police that she was "missing" - it was never presented as she didn't show for dinner. He had picked up the child earlier in the day - and it seemed at that point, it was conveyed that they had separate plans for the evening. All IMO!!!

It will be interesting to see what their texts from that day said if they are recovered. And what the text from her phone said to him on November 25.

And yes, he was the last person reported to see her.

Now that we can sleuth PF, I don’t see any prior crimes or financial issues. He looks to have ownership in the family business. Looks like he’s taken a few business loans, the last one I see being in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3