CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. It might've taken a while though to track records like phone records, work records, vehicle info (like license plate scanners), or other stuff in order to gather enough info for a probable cause finding.

But it seems there wouldn't be anything left at this point.
Given that PF allegedly just surrendered his phone to LE a couple days ago, I think LE search response along with FBI was quick! MOO

I wonder if it was supposed to be for both of them to live in eventually...but then things went south.

It's possible. I wonder if he's going to be the one taking over the family cattle business (if he hasn't already) and he never plans to move off the property, if it will all become his at some point. Someone needs to be around to take care of the livestock.

Did we ever figure how long PF and KB were together before she got pregnant? Now that there is a baby involved, there could be pressure from both sides for the two of them to get married. Maybe PF wasn't ready to get married.
Based on what her mother said Kelsey moved to that area two years ago. There is a 14/15 month old child and add in the pregnancy time you end up close to two years. So, realistically they could not have been together too long prior to Kelsey becoming pregnant.

We don't know if he did anything or not.

Something could have happened to her after he left (if what he is saying is true about picking up the baby at her place).

I don't get why ppl are SO focused on the fiance.

She had co workers, current and former students, ex boyfriend s( im sure) friends etc.

Anyone could have done something.

JMO
I keep wondering about a possibility where she had begun to see someone else. The relationship seems tenuous, at best, between her and PF (MOO). The first indication to me that something was amiss was her giving her baby her own last name and not PF's. Things may have cooled between them and she planned to go to dinner with someone else after PF picked up baby. If that's the case, I am sure PF would have indicated there was someone else in his talks with LE. It is possible LE is looking entirely in another direction, and it's also possible PF had no clue who the "new man" was. This would also explain why PF didn't report her missing. He may have been upset at the thought of a new relationship on her part. Of course, this is all just random thinking. But, I think it would explain why PF didn't report her missing. Also, it seems everyone is walking on eggshells for some reason and tiptoeing around questions, etc. from all sides. MOO.

I'm still on the fence, and I'm praying wherever she is, it's voluntary and she'll clear all of this up sooner rather than later. If she can't clear it up and is in danger, I hope LE is hot on the trail.

Colorado police search property of Kelsey Berreth's fiance
The search of Patrick Frazee's Florissant property began Friday morning, about three weeks after 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth was last seen.

Police have not released any information about the purpose of Friday's search.

Frazee has not been named as a suspect in Berreth's disappearance.

The Woodland Park Police Department is leading the investigation with help from state and federal authorities and scheduled a Friday afternoon update on the case.

Teller County Sheriff spokesman Commander Greg Couch said Frazee was on the property when investigators arrived. Couch says Frazee was not arrested.

I don't think so. Atty clearly states that his client was never asked "to voluntarily participate in this search."

A big difference imo

LE never asks "possible suspects" to voluntarily participate in the physical searches for their victims. So Lawyer's statement is moot. And he used the wording "possible suspect" first. JMO.

I don't like seeing that, for some reason it turns me off and doesn't give me the impression of a good father. Maybe it's the way he carries her, like she a sack of feed or something. JMO
I feel like he is using the baby as a shield, a protection. My babies would be with someone I trust while I did everything I could to find a missing loved one. No way would I be "carting" them everywhere.

Seems to me for the price she paid for her house they could have built a small cottage on his family property if he intended on staying in the family business and they wanted to be together. jmo

when they search your property they remove you from the site and take you into temp custody even if you aren't arrested. it's to preserve the search and prevent interference or absconding.

I don't agree. They may ask you to wait outside or they may tell you that it will take some time and thus the house will be unuseable. Sometimes they don't allow anyone to leave until the search is over so they don't take evidence. But they don't take someone "into custody" to prevent them from absconding. That would be an arrest. A search warrant has nothing to do with flight issues.

Finally caught up with this fast-moving thread. Thinking of Kelsey and her family today for sure. Everyone wants her found but not like this... :(

Not sure about the relevance of her mortgage - 1% down programs are available for those with excellent credit, especially in areas where rents are obscene. I assume CO is getting nearly as bad as here outside Seattle and absolutely understand saving money via a mortgage. Perhaps PF didn’t qualify? I wonder if they ever attempted to buy a house together?

I think sometimes they get the warrant either way...in the Scott Peterson case, they asked him to consent to a search and he said he would have to check with his lawyer, at which point the cops pulled out the warrant. It's always a good backup plan, I guess.
Yep. I think they prefer a warrant because it is more airtight–nothing they find can be challenged if his lawyer suddenly protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003