CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, and if this has already been addressed I apologize, but it is possible the KB escaped Idaho from a previous abusive relationship? Looking at the timelines of the new job, pregnancy and birth of the little one, is it possible that PF is not the biological father and was helping raise the child as his own? Maybe he just found out he wasn't the father? Would she have been meeting up with or abducted by an ex from Idaho and that's why they went back that way?

I think there are many possible explanations that could reasonably explain the trip.

I have considered the possibility of a new or old romantic interest being involved, but no one has given us any reason to believe that is the case here...at least so far.

She's been gone from work longer than the week off the phone text was sent for. If there's been no further contact with her employer, how long will they hold her job for her? If this was voluntary, why no attempt to check in with anyone?

Call me crazy, and if this has already been addressed I apologize, but it is possible the KB escaped Idaho from a previous abusive relationship? Looking at the timelines of the new job, pregnancy and birth of the little one, is it possible that PF is not the biological father and was helping raise the child as his own? Maybe he just found out he wasn't the father? Would she have been meeting up with or abducted by an ex from Idaho and that's why they went back that way?

There is no evidence that KB was in an abusive relationship with anyone.

Somehow, I didn’t realize her mom called PF on the 25th to ask if he had seen her, and that also was the day that the texts then went out from her phone. Interesting. Almost like the pressure was turned on by the call

Has it been confirmed anywhere her mom called PF on the 25th? I'm only asking because I've seen conflicting reports about it.

She's been gone from work longer than the week off the phone text was sent for. If there's been no further contact with her employer, how long will they hold her job for her? If this was voluntary, why no attempt to check in with anyone?
It probably depends on the circumstances.

Sticking to what the family has said, why when asked about PF and KB’s relationship, did her mom immediately go to the finances and how cattle prices have been bad? That’s what has been stuck in my head so far. What made her immediately go to that comment?

Is it beyond reason to suspect that LE already has the cell data showing every phone that pinged that tower at the same time as KB's? I know a full list would be exhaustive for the entire day, but it is a fairly remote town, and I would think it wouldn't be too big of a list for phones in that area within a certain timeframe of KB's phone's ping.

To me this is so very obviously a situation where someone close to her made her disappear. There is nothing to suggest otherwise. She appeared to be a devoted mom of a baby, a woman who was literally planning things to cook on Tgiving and had made some cinnamon rolls just that day.

Logically she didn't just walk away. Her cars are there, she didn't pack for anything. A person close to her puts themself as the last person to see her. It's a straightforward path that something happened and she was 'disappeared' by the person who last saw her.

The rest of it is detectives finding the evidence, hopefully finding Kelsey, developing forensic and digital evidence, and eventually making an arrest.

There is no evidence that KB was in an abusive relationship with anyone.
Maybe not abusive, maybe a married man (quite possibly unbeknownst to her in the beginning of a relationship) A man afraid that the truth will come out. Tells KB he wants to see her, that he's left his wife, etc. Shows up, take her for a ride. This is the type of relationship that wouldn't have been discussed with family, friends. Too much guilt and shame, but sometimes still hope that he will come back to her someday. If he's married he could have been texting/calling from any number, making it harder for LE to trace. Just a thought.

Got it sometimes hard not to go this route based on previous cases.[/QUO
Got it sometimes hard not to go this route based on previous cases.
Welcome to Websleuths. It will get easier as you navigate more on this platform by looking at all possibilities. This is why I like this forum because we have rules.

Sticking to what the family has said, why when asked about PF and KB’s relationship, did her mom immediately go to the finances and how cattle prices have been bad? That’s what has been stuck in my head so far. What made her immediately go to that comment?
Grandparents have no visitation rights in CO. Kelsey's mom cannot say anything bad about Patrick, Patrick's relationship with Kelsey, or infer that he has any involvement in Kelsey's disappearance. If she does this a family law judge (from Patrick's sparsely populated county where everyone knows everyone else) could deny her visitation rights to her granddaughter.

To me this is so very obviously a situation where someone close to her made her disappear. There is nothing to suggest otherwise. She appeared to be a devoted mom of a baby, a woman who was literally planning things to cook on Tgiving and had made some cinnamon rolls just that day.

Logically she didn't just walk away. Her cars are there, she didn't pack for anything. A person close to her puts themself as the last person to see her. It's a straightforward path that something happened and she was 'disappeared' by the person who last saw her.

The rest of it is detectives finding the evidence, hopefully finding Kelsey, developing forensic and digital evidence, and eventually making an arrest.

We don't know if he did anything or not.

Something could have happened to her after he left (if what he is saying is true about picking up the baby at her place).

I don't get why ppl are SO focused on the fiance.

She had co workers, current and former students, ex boyfriend s( im sure) friends etc.

Anyone could have done something.

JMO

Looking at this timeline again, could be that something in what PF said to CB reassured her enough to make her wait until 2 Dec to phone LE.

Exactly. I am not buying that story.

LE shows CB called PF 12/2, that's what started the report.

Given the wonky MSM reports all along - dog for example - I'm going only by what LE releases for dates.

So
11/22
KB speaks to CB twice.
12:30, KB goes to Safeway with baby
PF picks up baby from KB at some point.

11/25
Whoever has KB phone texts Doss and PF. Unknown if singular texts or multiple.
5:13 (?) KB phone pings near Gooding, Idaho. Verizon says accurate ping.

12/2
CB contacts PF.
CB contacts WPPD for welfare check.

Is that all of the background that's been released?

All these fictional and fantasy narratives and "what if there was..." are the very kinds of things the family has been cautioning and asking people not to do. People who don't know the victim, don't know the family, don't know anything are spinning tales and adding pretend evidence and creating elaborate scenarios, which don't help and, according to the family, are wrong and hurtful.
This might be entertainment for some portion of the public, which happens in many missing person cases, but family members are affected.

Is it beyond reason to suspect that LE already has the cell data showing every phone that pinged that tower at the same time as KB's? I know a full list would be exhaustive for the entire day, but it is a fairly remote town, and I would think it wouldn't be too big of a list for phones in that area within a certain timeframe of KB's phone's ping.

I would be surprised if they don’t have an exhaustive list of those records. If it truly is that KB had contact on the 22nd, and her phone texted people on the 25th...but between the 22nd and the 25th there’s no contact with anyone and after the 25th there’s no contact then it would seem likely that the 22nd or 23rd would be the day whatever happened took place.

I’ve seen this said in many articles, but she appeared to be wearing a messy bun at Safeway. I wouldn’t necessarily call that “hair done”, but I guess that is trivial.
I think her brother said that her makeup was untouched to indicate that she didn't get ready to go anywhere after she returned from Safeway. We may just be interpreting it differently. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper