CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney for Kelsey Berreth's fiancé says he "continues to cooperate with law enforcement"

Release from Patrick Frazee's attorney Jeremy Loew:

"Patrick Frazee continues to cooperate with law enforcement in the missing person investigation of Kelsey Berreth. We understand that a search warrant was executed on Mr. Frazee’s property. Mr. Frazee was never asked to voluntarily participate in this search. We encourage law enforcement to take whatever steps it deems necessary to find Kelsey Berreth and to be able to exclude Patrick Frazee as a possible suspect in this missing person investigation. Mr. Frazee will continue not to participate in any interviews with the media and instead focus on parenting the child he shares with Ms. Berreth."

Attorney for Kelsey Berreth's fiancé says he "continues to cooperate with law enforcement"

"Patrick Frazee continues to cooperate with law enforcement in the missing person investigation of Kelsey Berreth. We understand that a search warrant was executed on Mr. Frazee’s property. Mr. Frazee was never asked to voluntarily participate in this search. We encourage law enforcement to take whatever steps it deems necessary to find Kelsey Berreth and to be able to exclude Patrick Frazee as a possible suspect in this missing person investigation. Mr. Frazee will continue not to participate in any interviews with the media and instead focus on parenting the child he shares with Ms. Berreth."
Seriously? Throw in a child reference and make him appear like Ward Cleaver? The PR is nauseating.

Because it's part of the search?
But I think they are taking him in for more questioning. The baby's grandma is in town so I suppose she will watch over the baby during the questioning. imo

I don't think so. It seems clear he hasn't allowed grandma to even see his child during such a horrible time for her. Not one thing suggests he would relinquish the baby to her.

And they can't bring someone in for questioning. It has to be voluntary. He has an attorney so he's not going to talk to them without his attorney's permission and presence and gatekeeping.

Seriously? Throw in a child reference and make him appear like Ward Cleaver? The PR is nauseating.

The attorney bugs me. Mostly because he's really good at what he's doing. And I have strong suspicions that he's protecting someone who did something wrong and trying to create a different picture of him than reality.

It may not be family influence. KB may just want to live her life in line with religion, which happens especially after having a baby for many

Did we ever figure how long PF and KB were together before she got pregnant? Now that there is a baby involved, there could be pressure from both sides for the two of them to get married. Maybe PF wasn't ready to get married.

More photos at the link: PHOTOS: The Disappearance of Kelsey Berreth
berreth4_1544811354025_25409785_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

frazee%20into%20attorneys%20office_1544811363199.jpg_25409791_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

incident%20command%20team_1544811362814.jpeg_25409790_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I don't think so. It seems clear he hasn't allowed grandma to even see his child during such a horrible time for her. Not one thing suggests he would relinquish the baby to him.

And they can't bring someone in for questioning. It has to be voluntary. He has an attorney so he's not going to talk to them without his attorney's permission and presence and gatekeeping.
And although he's kept the maternal grandmother from the grandchild, he's all about taking care of the child instead of attending vigils and making press appearances to spread the word about the child's missing mother. He sounds like like a peach of a dad.

May not be easy to sell. I don’t know that market, but in general, condos/townhomes are more difficult to sell than single family homes. Not sure of the rental market there either. Maybe she didn’t have much choice but to continue to live there. What is odd is she bought it in May 2018. The baby was already born.

May not be easy to sell. I don’t know that market, but in general, condos/townhomes are more difficult to sell than single family homes. Not sure of the rental market there either. Maybe she didn’t have much choice but to continue to live there. What is odd is she bought it in May 2018. The baby was already born.
I wonder if it was supposed to be for both of them to live in eventually...but then things went south.

That they needed a warrant to search seems to indicate that he declined to let them search without a warrant...AND that there must be probable cause, which I’m wondering is a result from something found on his phone?

Yes, here's that 2/3 tweet his atty released:

Joe Fryer‏Verified account @joefryer 6m6 minutes ago
"Mr. Frazee was never asked to voluntarily participate in this search. We encourage law enforcement to take whatever steps it deems necessary to find Kelsey Berreth and to be able to exclude Patrick Frazee as a possible suspect in this missing person investigation. ... (2/3)

Would there be a difference between his being asked to "voluntarily participate in the search" & to ask his permission to search?

I notice his lawyer has stepped up the language from "not an isolated POI" to "possible suspect"-- could these be terms LE is using currently?

That they needed a warrant to search seems to indicate that he declined to let them search without a warrant...AND that there must be probable cause, which I’m wondering is a result from something found on his phone?

I think sometimes they get the warrant either way...in the Scott Peterson case, they asked him to consent to a search and he said he would have to check with his lawyer, at which point the cops pulled out the warrant. It's always a good backup plan, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody