CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me for the price she paid for her house they could have built a small cottage on his family property if he intended on staying in the family business and they wanted to be together. jmo

If some of the money came from her family, and if the intent was to ensure the Kelsey would always have a home for her and her daughter, then the last thing Kelsey should do is use the money to build a house on someone else's property.

Now I'm wondering how they met in the first place, like on the internet. PF could have been swindling her. Bless her heart she didn't have more of a downpayment. I think he had zero intentions of ever marrying her. That would be her getting too close and unearthing scams. I really don't like that she had a mailing address in his teeny little town and he probably had a key to the post office box. Beneficiary paperwork? Ugh

From the beginning I have stated there is something strange about this case. Things just didnt make sense. Today for the first time things are making sense. Kelseys fiancee has relatives in LE. I'm not saying he did anything wrong. What I am saying the way he was treated by LE makes a lot more sense now.

It's possible. I wonder if he's going to be the one taking over the family cattle business (if he hasn't already) and he never plans to move off the property, if it will all become his at some point. Someone needs to be around to take care of the livestock.

I’d say yes given that he has businesses registered to him. I think he’s on the business as an officer at minimum

The attorney bugs me. Mostly because he's really good at what he's doing. And I have strong suspicions that he's protecting someone who did something wrong and trying to create a different picture of him than reality.
I'll never, ever understand why LE cannot question a POI. I imagine there are no POIs yet? Is LE allowed to question a suspect if they have evidence to support their suspicions, such as witnesses, location of body, etc. I really do not understand why someone can refuse to be questioned, at least.

I keep wondering about a possibility where she had begun to see someone else. The relationship seems tenuous, at best, between her and PF (MOO). The first indication to me that something was amiss was her giving her baby her own last name and not PF's. Things may have cooled between them and she planned to go to dinner with someone else after PF picked up baby. If that's the case, I am sure PF would have indicated there was someone else in his talks with LE. It is possible LE is looking entirely in another direction, and it's also possible PF had no clue who the "new man" was. This would also explain why PF didn't report her missing. He may have been upset at the thought of a new relationship on her part. Of course, this is all just random thinking. But, I think it would explain why PF didn't report her missing. Also, it seems everyone is walking on eggshells for some reason and tiptoeing around questions, etc. from all sides. MOO.

I'm still on the fence, and I'm praying wherever she is, it's voluntary and she'll clear all of this up sooner rather than later. If she can't clear it up and is in danger, I hope LE is hot on the trail.

Very good point about the baby’s name. And very interesting.

If some of the money came from her family, and if the intent was to ensure the Kelsey would always have a home for her and her daughter, then the last thing Kelsey should do is use the money to build a house on someone else's property.
I didn't realize her family funded the purchase. I thought it was traditional financing. Understanding the money came from them makes a difference and I agree with you. Thanks for clarifying it.

This case seems pretty straightforward to me. Nothing strange about it when you compare it to hundreds of other cases where a woman went missing after seeing her spouse/boyfriend, who was the last person to actually see her. Add a pregnancy or a baby into the mix, the couple in some kind of limbo, and it's practically boilerplate Dateline.

FBI investigators search the home of the fiance of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth | Daily Mail Online

Greg Couch, Sheriff’s Office PIO at the scene, told Daily Mail.com: 'We’re just giving him a courtesy ride off the property.

'He just left in one of those two cars. We’re just giving him a ride, I don’t know where he’s en route to but he was on the property when we got here.

'When we do a search warrant we remove everyone so he’s gone.'.

I hope they had a car seat readily available for the baby. That poor baby :(

Oh, that Kelsey could've had a chum like Nicole Atkinson. Then her disappearance would've been noticed way earlier (like why didn't fiance notice her absence before mom noticed?).

Also, I sincerely hope the baby wasn't witness to anything. Talk about scarring.

I'll never, ever understand why LE cannot question a POI. I imagine there are no POIs yet? Is LE allowed to question a suspect if they have evidence to support their suspicions, such as witnesses, location of body, etc. I really do not understand why someone can refuse to be questioned, at least.

Because some cops will say we have evidence agianst you etc. When they really don't.

Guilty or innocent, he needs a lawyer.

About christmas tree cutting in woodland park. Forest Service

Edited to add a better link. The first date for cutting trees is Nov. 26th.

Edited to add, if they went to the South Park location, that one began selling permits on Nov. 19th. Here's a map of the locations of the "cut your own" places so you can see the distance from Woodland to the various cutting locations. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd563927.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member