CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this, "For the father’s last name to be the child’s last name, he has to be recognized by law as the father." So in this case since the baby does not have his last name that would mean he isn't recognized by law as being the father? Does that mean baby would go to her mother?

“If a man is NOT identified as the father on the BC, the child CANNOT have his last name.”

does not mean

“If a man IS identified as the father on the BC, the child MUST have his last name.”

LE has identified him as the father, so...

I just found this, "For the father’s last name to be the child’s last name, he has to be recognized by law as the father." So in this case since the baby does not have his last name that would mean he isn't recognized by law as being the father? Does that mean baby would go to her mother?

Just because the last name is not the same as the father, doesn't mean he's not listed as the father on the birth certificate.

There's no evidence that PF is involved in the Construction business so it must be his cousins. Cheryl (KB's Mom) provided that KF owns cattle, as do other internet links. MOO
Right, PF's business is cattle. The family business is construction.

Edited for clarity: Someone said that PF was involved in "the family cattle business" or similar. I am just clarifying that the family business is construction and has been for generations. Cattle is PF's own business; that's not what his dad & relatives made their money in.

Last edited:
Just because the last name is not the same as the father, doesn't mean he's not listed as the father on the birth certificate.
Birth certificates are not searchable public records - I posted who can order them on the 100+ page thread. CB can if she needs to......

SABBM
No kidding, right ?

LE should have searched his place (well, his mom's place) long before this !!
If there's foul play.. there's been so much time to dispose of evidence.
But something led LE to look at this property ; so maybe there's hope ?

Are they using cadaver dogs ? Hated typing that.
I imagine. Although we've just heard "dogs" as far as I know.
MOO

Spencer Wilson on Twitter
Here is search and rescue heading up to Patrick Frazee’s home, the fiancé of missing mother Kelsey Berreth. Teller County Sheriff’s Office says they will be searching the 34 acre area with dogs to try and pick up Kelsey’s sent, if there is one there

I personally don't like the way he carries that baby. Maybe it's just me, but each pic he has the baby turned away from him - not chest to chest in a loving way...kwim?

That's how my daughter liked to be carried. She was a miserable baby and always wanted to face out.

Not saying he's a great dad but could be down to her preference.

Sorry if I missed this, but is he actually listed as the father on the birth certificate? I am thinking so but also 2nd guessing.

I don’t think they are saying a man can’t be a father if he has a different name. Just that if he wants the same name, he would have to be the genetic or adopted father recognized by the laws.

sorry, catching up here.....The size of PF's house looks huge. Something up she wasn't living there with him and the kiddo. I got spoiled with the speed the CW case was resolved; this one's driving me crazy....

It's a decent size:
3 bedroom, 2 bath
SQFT 2,862

But it doesn't belong to him:
Teller County Property Records Database

That might have been the issue?

SABBM
No kidding, right ?

LE should have searched his place (well, his mom's place) long before this !!
If there's foul play.. there's been so much time to dispose of evidence.
But something led LE to look at this property ; so maybe there's hope ?

Are they using cadaver dogs ? Hated typing that.

I could not agree more. Given they hadn't searched his property already I assumed LE had some evidence exonerating her fiancee.

Thermal imaging will only be a benefit at this time if they believe someone is alive or they are searching for a suspect that is hiding. Otherwise, it will not help. In most cases, a deceased person's body temp is the same as the surroundings fairly quickly.

JMO
I know others have corrected this already but wanted to make sure people understand that thermal imaging and other specialized LE cameras can definitely help to find a decaying body too. Usually LE will fly a helicopter at night because at night in the dark their specialized cameras like FLIR cameras pick up heat signatures as a body decays. This can be many days after someone becomes deceased.

Obviously if the temperatures in that area are consistently below 32 degrees F then decomposition may be slowed down but even in cold temps then usually during the day it can warm up enough to allow decomposition to take hold.

So I would not be surprised if people in the area start to see helicopters flying around at night over the property.

Below is a link to an interesting article that describes studies being done about it. Also included a link to FLIR cameras which are some of the best types of cameras used in this sort of thing.

"...what is not commonly realized is that other factors that are closely associated with the decomposition process in the body, such as anaerobic bacteria within the digestive system and insect activity on and within the body, generate heat that can be detected by thermal imaging."

Detection of Cadaveric Remains by Thermal Imaging Cameras

About FLIR | FLIR Systems

Airborne Systems | FLIR Government & Defense | FLIR Systems

I didn't realize her family funded the purchase. I thought it was traditional financing. Understanding the money came from them makes a difference and I agree with you. Thanks for clarifying it.
Whoa.. there is no evidence that KB family funded the purchase of her home. Using a family owned mortgage company does not represent her loan was not traditional financing -- lenders are highly regulated after last mortgage crisis. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member